Recycling and waste disposal

Topics and things concerning this game.
Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Recycling and waste disposal

Post by Puma » 24 May 2007, 19:00

As I was shopping for equipment today, a taught occurred to me, that 1200 people using PMR radios and all sort of battery driven equpiment for 3 days, are probably going to consume quite a bit of batteries. So it would be useful if all main bases would have battery collection point, where you could unload used batteries from your pockets.

igby

Post by igby » 24 May 2007, 19:47

that is a consern from my part aswell, also i want everyone to be kind enough not just toss the used up things from dry food out in nature during the game.
i hope that everyone pick up their garbage after them and throw it at its proper place after the event is over. please do so

turret

Post by turret » 24 May 2007, 20:02

the best would be for you to purchase rechargeable batteries. :)
good for the environnement and your wallet. ;)

I've been using them for 2 years now and its so great.

In the worst case, you can still put aside your used batteries in your gear bag and toss them once gone back home.

Crapgame

Post by Crapgame » 24 May 2007, 20:28

1. crew has stated several times that there will be trashcans in each base, but the thougt of having battrybins is great too

2. i only use rechargeble batteries, for the gun and for my radio. funny both came with batteries...
the radio has a built in kinda..mobile phone style battery

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 24 May 2007, 21:11

I too have rechageable batteries for my radio. But the 800mAh batteries only last about 14 hours of use. Alcaline batteries last much longer, and 4 AA alcaline batteries can power my PMR radio for about 24 hours.

And 4 alcaline AA batteries cost a little over an euro, so they are very convenient choice in this sort of events, and they don't even make a dent on my wallet. And I don't have to worry about recharging them.

I personally have no problem of throwing used batteries in with the rest of the trash. I only try to save the planet when it's made convenient.

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 24 May 2007, 21:32

Thankyou folks! It is good to know that there are more than just berget-crew that are thinking of waste desposoal!
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com