Roster

Topics and things concerning this game.
Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Roster

Post by Puma » 17 May 2007, 14:37

Hello. My name is captain Victor Quinn, and I am the commanding officer of C company, the toughest and most disciplined company of all the units in the entire game. I expect everyone to follow a very rigid chain of command and show unwavering discipline. This because it will be up to us to do the heavy lifting, which in this case means killing commies and dying. Both of which we will be doing by the hundreds.

The order I will be giving most frequently is "report". This means I want you to tell me everything essential about your current situation. Your reports will be the companys eyes and ears. Without your reports the company will be blind. And if the company is blind, you will die. You will not stray away. You will keep in constant contact with your direct superior in the chain of command. If you are out of contact and can not report or receive orders, that means you are alone. And when you are alone, you will die.

Which brings me to the company motto:
"Alone we die. Together we kill."

If you can find your nick from the list below, you can consider yourself privileged for being a part of this glorious war machinery.

Company HQ: [Radio callsign: Cobra]
Captain Victor "Puma" Quinn, Engineer

Platoon 1: [Radio callsign: Boa]

Squad 1: [Radio callsign: Swan]
Sergeant M.A.G [NEAC], Engineer
Corporal Spitfire [OST], Medic
Private FoX [NEAC], Rifleman
Private Raiden [NEAC], Rifleman
Private Lonelynicewolf (k1), Rifleman
Private Rayray [NEAC], Rifleman
Private Jack Flash [OST], Engineer
Private Moskito [OST], Machinegunner
Private Hurricane [NEAC], Medic

Squad 2: [Radio callsign: Goose]
Sergeant Plasma [QD], Medic
Corporal Remo [QD], Medic
Corporal Nico [QD], Rifleman
Private Caseopaya [QD], Rifleman
Private Romeo [OST], Sharpshooter
Private Schnegg [ACT], Rifleman
Private Jeronimo [ACT], Rifleman
Private Dave [QD], Engineer

Squad 3: [Radio callsign: Duck]
Sergeant USNS [ODS], Rifleman
Private Ong-Bak, Rifleman
Private Kakashi [OST], Engineer
Private Takeshii [AU], Rifleman
Private Blizzard (k2), Rifleman
Private Kaemme [ODS], Medic
Private Nox [ODS], Rifleman

Platoon 2: [Radio callsign: Python]
Lieutenant Python [FCS], Medic
Platoon SergeantDax, Rifleman
CorporalSushi [FCS], Medic

Squad 4: [Radio callsign: Eagle]
Sergeant Sven [ASIK], Rifleman
Private Maso [ASIK], Rifleman
Private Nik [ASIK], Rifleman
Private Basetta [ASIK], Machinegunner
Private Jackson [ASIK], Medic
Private YaCa [ASWAT], Rifleman
Private Myku [ASWAT], Rifleman

Squad 5: [Radio callsign: Hawk]
Sergeant Roody [JSF], Rifleman
Private Ghost [JSF], Medic
Private Shadow [JSF], Medic
Private Jester [JSF], Rifleman
Corporal Raven [JSF], Rifleman
Private Delmor [JSF], Rifleman
Private Don [JSF], Machinegunner

Squad 6: [Radio callsign: Falcon]
Private Champ [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Blade [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Stavros [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Gunny [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Skyrookie [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Vinnovic [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Drakez [SJ], Rifleman

Platoon 3: [Radio callsign: Viper]
Lieutenant Lurjus [CLS], Engineer
Platoon Sergeant Stalin [RR], Rifleman

Squad 7: [Radio callsign: Sparrow]
Sergeant Jackson [Grunts], Rifleman
Private JJ [Grunts], Sharpshooter
Private Parnell [Grunts], Medic
Private Nordstroem [Grunts], Rifleman
Private Gus [Mjolnir], Rifleman
Private Deepkill, Rifleman
Private Lobo [Mjolnir], Rifleman

Squad 8: [Radio callsign: Buzzard]
Sergeant Marble [TT], Rifleman
Private Dirz [TT], Rifleman
Private Paramedic [TT], Medic
Private Tezepr [TT], Rifleman
Private Auratus [TT], Rifleman
Private Chris [Hest], Rifleman

Squad 9: [Radio callsign: Starling]
Sergeant Uber [DFH], Rifleman
Private Browneye [DFH], Medic
Private Jonnie [DFH], Rifleman
Private Picqo [DFH], Rifleman
Private Sandhmannen [DFH], Rifleman
Private Fate Guy [TLC], Rifleman
Private SeismicAssault [TLC], Rifleman
Private Dragan [TLC], Rifleman
Private Dagaron [TLC], Medic

Unassigned: (ranks unassigned)
Private Nicon [RR], Rifleman
Private Sherek [RR], Medic (or maybe not a medic, who knows)
Private Sauron [RR], Rifleman

Ghost tickets: (ranks unassigned)
Private Brew [TLC], Rifleman
Private Hübner [TLC], Rifleman
Private Snake, unknown

Unconfirmed transfers: (ranks unassigned)
none

If you found your nick on the list, welcome. If you don't want to be on the list, and wish to be assigned to a unit with less tough discipline send a message to me, and you will be transfered to another unit. If you have questions not answered here send me a message and I will answer them. If you are not on the list but would like to be, send a message to your CO, and request for a transfer. If you are lucky, you might even get one.

The roster will be updated as new information comes awailable.

-Cpt. Quinn
Last edited by Puma on 10 Jun 2007, 12:26, edited 18 times in total.

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 17 May 2007, 14:39

The roster has been updated slightly, and most people have been assigned somewhere. There are a few unassigned players, but don't worry, soon everyone will be assigned.

Now I want all the team leaders to start contacting me, so we can establish a line of communication.

You can contact me by sending a PM on the forums.
Or by skype: cpt.quinn
Or in IRCnet, where my nick is Puma.

Some squads are missing a medic, so I would like to request that all teams with four (4) or more members would come up with atleast one medic. Since having a medic will make a huge difference in the game. A medic can save you from a really long march to off-game zone and back... twice. So I want every squad to have atleast one medic.

I will also start posting role descriptions here, so that you will better know what is expected of you.

-Captain Victor "Puma" Quinn

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 28 May 2007, 17:30

Rifleman

Are you a man? Do you have a rifle? Your task is to shoot commies and chew bubblegum.

Marksman

Just like a rifleman, but different.

Machinegunner

Sustained fire. Keep those commie heads low. So the others can walk up to them and shoot them in their foxholes.

Sniper

We don't use snipers here. There are positions availble for recon snipers. But this means you will be functioning in a small recon unit away from the others... for extended periods of time... just watching and listenind... keeping an eye on the enemy... for three days. If you are still interested, contact me and I will see what I can do.

Medic

Having a medic can make a huge difference between walking 1.5km to the respawn and back, or not. The rules state that a medic can carry 10 field dressings at him on the field. This means that you should prepare yourself with some 30 white dressings to bring with you to the game. Don't make the dressings too long, just long enought so they can be easily tied around somebodys arm, so you don't have to waste time wrapping them.

Squad leader

A standard squad comes with 7 men. There should be 3 men on your right and another 3 men on your left.
The first thing you need to understand is that you are not in charge of shit. You are a leader of nothing. What you are is a babysitter, but a very important babysitter none the less. This means constantly keeping an eye out for everyone in the squad, and micromanaging each individual if neccessary. The main responsibilities of a squad leader are:

1. Maintain combat effectiveness
2. Report
3. Relay orders and information to men under your command

1. Maintain combat effectiveness
Maintaining combat effectiveness is the most time consuming task of the squad leader. In airsoft the squadmembers are not uniform in their traing and combat techniques. Once the shooting starts the average airsofter will forget that he is a part of a squad, and start killing bad guys at his own pace. Without the squad leader the squad will loose cohesion, and become combat ineffective.

The thing you really need to watch out for, is making sure that the squad doestn't wedge up. Wedge is the natural formation where a bunch of airsofters want to go. In a wedge, what you have is the bravest and the most aggressive player in the front, and the rest of the lot behind him in a wedge. This means that only one player in the front will be in a position where he is actually able to effectively fire at the enemy. And unless the same thing is happening on the enemy side, he will get killed faster than you can say some word that can be uttered really fucking fast.

As a squad leader, under no circumstances are you to be the first man in the formation. If I catch you doing this, my good friend major Perry will have some extra duty waiting for you at the basecamp.

You should stay a little back, so you can see how the squad is positioned. And when the wedge starts to happen, you make sure that the squad forms an even line, so everyone is able shoot at the bad guys. You will have a primary weapon, but your primary task is not to use it. Your primary job is to make sure that the other six guys is the squad are in a postion where they can effectively use their guns. Thus maintaining combat effectiveness.

2. Report
Reporting is also one of the most important things that a squad leader must do.
You are to report:
- any sightings of the enemy
- any sightings of anyone
- enemy strength, postion and activity (how many can you see? how many can you hear? are they dug in? Behind a cover? In the open? Have they spotted you? Are you being fired at? What are they doing?)
- position of your squad (are you dug in or in cover? What kind of terrain is ahead of you? Are you able to advance?)
- status of your squad (any dead or wounded? Are you low on ammo?)
- status of your men (are they tired or hungry? are their socks dry? are they low on water? how is the morale?)

You should practice reporting your status over the radio, so you will be able to give out any essential information in a report. "You didn't ask" is not an acceptable answer to "why didn't you report this?"

3. Relay orders and information to men under your command
Once the game starts your men will receive all their information and orders from you. So bring a small notepad and a pen so you can take notes at briefings. You should also have a PMR radio, and enough batteries to last you for 3 days. There might not be any possibility recharge batteries mid game.

Platoon leader

One of the most important qualities for a military leader, is the ability to impose your will upon others, and that needs a sizeable ego. The ability to say "these are my orders, and the rest of you will fucking follow them".

I don't want the platoon leader to be everybodys buddy, since that is deffinetly not what being an officer is all about. Being an officer is about being an asshole. It's about giving orders that nobody wants to follow. It's about telling people that they can't stop for a minute to rest even when they are tired, sleepy, hungry and wet.

A platoon leader is an officer, and in my company it means that he is armed only with a holstered pistol, leaving his hands free to hold a radio in one hand and a map in the other. Most of his time will be spent talking to the radio, and he is under specific orders to keep away from fyling bullets and out of harms way. He will be the first one awake after a rest pedriod, he will be attending a staff meeting while everyone else is still asleep, to receive the latest intel and operational orders.

Being a leader is not only about ordering people about. Any asshole can shout out commands to people and be none the wiser. Your task as a platoon leader will also include making sure that your orders are actually carried out as intended, and more importantly... and here is the key concept: SITUATIONAL AWARENESS.

Your task is to know everything that happens around the platoon, and beleive me... that is a lot of ground to cover. Somethimes you need to go to the front where the squads are, if reports are so vague that you need to do what we call: "to see for yourself manoever".

Rifles are a deffinite no-go for platoon leaders. If you are at the front shooting bad guys you will not be aware of anything other than your own rifle, let alone the whole platoon. Rifle is also bulky and after 3 days of running between the squads it will start to seem heavy. Also not having a rifle will keep you safe. I know it sounds funny, but trust me it works.

Most important things for a platoon leader to do are:

1. Stay alive
2. Think
3. Report
4. Relay orders

1. Stay alive
Staying alive is probably the single most important thing you need to do as a platoon leader. Since if you are unable to perform this task, you surely will not be able to do any of the others.

2. Think
You will be the brain of the platoon. You must know everying at all times. You will receive information with your eyes, from the radio as orders and reports and in staff meetings and briefings. You will have information coming from company command and from squads, up and down in the chain of command. Most of the time you will spend your time looking at the map and talking to the radio.

3. Report
In addition that the information is coming in, you also must ensure that the information goes out. You must report constantly up to the company command, so that they can think too.

4. Relay orders
Your orders come from above. Mine come from there too. And we all must do our best to carry them out. When the orders come, we all must trust that someone up in the chain of command has done some thinking before issuing the order.

Platoon sergeant

Platoon sergeants task is to keep the platoon running. He is the glue that binds the whole thing together. He is the senior NCO of the platoon, and second in the chain of command. If the platoon leader is dead or away, you are in charge of the platoon. If there is a need to send a senior to the front line, where the bullets fly, you are the one who will be sent.

As a staff sergeant your duties include:

- keeping track of the platoon members
- keep track who is dead, and who is alive
- keep track who is present and who is missing
- generally keep track of the platoons fighting strength
- make sure that the platoon leaders orders are being carried out
- make sure that the platoon leader doesn't die
- keep platoon leader safe while he is reading a map
- keep platoon leader safe while he is talking on the radio
- medic platoon leader if he gets hit (if you are also a medic)
- yell at people when neccessary, as it is inapropriate for an officer to do this
- listen to the mens mood and keep track of the geneeal atmosphere
- keep track of the mens needs (do they need to sleep, eat, rest, change their socks, anything?)

Platoon sergeant reports directly to his platoon leader, and also to the company first sergeant. He can receive suggestions and intel from the first sergeant, but his orders come from his platoonleader. Senior NCO's are an essential pieces of our war machinery. And if those pieces are missing, the machinery breaks down, and we all die. And if we all die all the time, you will have pretty crappy three days.

First sergeant

First sergeants tasks are quite similiar to that of a platoon sergeants, but on a whole new company sized level. His task is to keep track of all the men in the company. He is also in charge of the company if the company commander is away or dead.

First sergeant will be the senior NCO of the company, and he will report directly to the company commander and the batallion command sergeant major. He may receive suggestions and intel from the batallion NCO, but his orders come primarily from the company commander.

It is very important that everyone knows where their orders come from. So we can maintain the integrity of the chain of command at all times.

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 28 May 2007, 19:38

What we are missing here is:

1 Platoon leader
2 Platoon sergeants
1 First sergeant

If we don't have all the roles filled up by friday, there will be some drastic measures taken.

So what we need now is volunteers.

Volunteer today, and help in the war effort to beat the commies.

Python
Private
Private

Post by Python » 08 Jun 2007, 08:44

Platoon 2:
Plt HQ [radio code: NEST]
Lieutenant Python [FCS], Medic
Sergeant DAX /as Platoon Sgt/
Crp SUSHI [FCS] /sa Plt RTO and Medic/

Squad 4: [radio code: EAGLE]
Private Basetta [ASIK], Rifleman

Squad 5: [radio code: HAWK]
Sergeant Roody [JSF], Rifleman
Private Ghost [JSF], Rifleman
Private Shadow [JSF], Rifleman
Private Jester [JSF], Rifleman
Private Raven [JSF], Rifleman
Private Delmor [JSF], Rifleman
Private Don [JSF], Machinegunner

Squad 6: [radio code : FALCON]
Private Champ [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Blade [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Stavros [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Gunny [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Skyrookie [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Vinnovic [FEAR], Rifleman
Private Drakez [SJ], Rifleman

Kadmillos

Post by Kadmillos » 08 Jun 2007, 16:15

Squad 4: [radio code: EAGLE]
Private Basetta [ASIK], Machinegunner

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » 09 Jun 2007, 19:06

just want to inform you that we might have a platoon leader now...
if he can come, he will do it... he broke some bones...
but platoon leader should work great...

cheers

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 12 Jun 2007, 10:31

I'm leaving to Härnösand now. I guess there will be no internet there. So I will see you on the island. Godspeed.

-Captain Quinn
Last edited by Puma on 18 Jun 2007, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » 12 Jun 2007, 14:18

takeshii ist platoon leader

cheers

Python
Private
Private

Post by Python » 19 Jun 2007, 20:30

Kind regards and many thanx to all 2 nd Platoon Crew:

- Italians
- Belgians
- and last but not least - Dutches,

, and our Company Commander Puma !

Thanx a lot for excellent game, and tremendes atmosphere in our Platoon.

Thanx a lot Brothers !

Lt Python "The Man With The Nest On The Head"

Jester

Post by Jester » 20 Jun 2007, 01:26

ey python dont forget yourself, dax and sushi(?? the girl)

we (and with we i mean platoon 2) kicked ass @ russian base .. we got very close.
tnx for all the fun even on the beerparty !!!

Greetz
Jester
(one of the dutchies(the one with the mp5))