Question: Rotating the responsibility of medic

Topics and things concerning this game.
jackson
Private
Private

Question: Rotating the responsibility of medic

Post by jackson » 24 May 2007, 16:16

Is it possible to rotate the responsibility of medic (and the armband) within a Squad before leaving on a mission?
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"- Chesty Puller, USMC

SexKitten
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by SexKitten » 24 May 2007, 16:29

Doesn't sound very Mil-Sim too me but I'm not in charge

Mercy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mercy » 24 May 2007, 22:22

No, personally I think that it would be a bad idéa. You register to be a medic, that registration represents months of medic training ;)

Not something you pass on like that...
Team Bulletproof Secretary

3:e Pluton - Bas.S?k [Charlie-Sierra] 2:2

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Question: Rotating the responsibility of medic

Post by Berget-events » 24 May 2007, 23:06

jackson wrote:Is it possible to rotate the responsibility of medic (and the armband) within a Squad before leaving on a mission?
This is NOT possible.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

jackson
Private
Private

Post by jackson » 25 May 2007, 13:16

roger!
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"- Chesty Puller, USMC

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 25 May 2007, 13:28

If the medic ability is permanently locked to the player, then what is the point of the armband? Every player knows whether they are a medic or not. Also every player pretty much knows who are the medics in their unit. So it seems that the armband does nothing more than turn the medic player into a bullet magnet in the eyes of the enemy.

Having a huge armband indicating that you are a medic is not very realistic or very Mil-Sim for that matter. And pretty much same goes for the engineers.

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 25 May 2007, 13:33

Spof wrote:
jackson wrote:Is it possible to rotate the responsibility of medic (and the armband) within a Squad before leaving on a mission?
This is NOT possible.
Even with the FFF? We are all trained guerillas and we should know how to treat wounds and injuries.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 25 May 2007, 13:38

Puma wrote:If the medic ability is permanently locked to the player, then what is the point of the armband? Every player knows whether they are a medic or not. Also every player pretty much knows who are the medics in their unit. So it seems that the armband does nothing more than turn the medic player into a bullet magnet in the eyes of the enemy.

Having a huge armband indicating that you are a medic is not very realistic or very Mil-Sim for that matter. And pretty much same goes for the engineers.
A guess (until Crew gives a definit answer) might be that Crew/GM's can make sure noone cheats? Might also be a case of "if you see a madic that's not from your squad you still know he's a medic". That latter might not be needed, a medic would check out anyone yelling "Medic!" once in a while anyways...but.

So my guess is that it's a rules-checking thing.

Although I for sure will aim for the medic. But that's just me roleplaying a bit...and oh, I'm sure I'll be shot on sight or sent to Haag if the ruskies loose. ;)

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 25 May 2007, 15:05

Windi^ wrote:Even with the FFF? We are all trained guerillas and we should know how to treat wounds and injuries.
AFAIK all armies train their soldiers in comrade help, basic training in treating wounds and injuries. But this doesn't make all soldiers qualified medics that know how to treat a pnemo thorax, hemo thorax and other more complicated injuries that a medic know how to treat.

Not a crew, but my suspicion is that you won't be allowed to switch who is medic.

Wynn
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wynn » 25 May 2007, 15:58

Well, in real life the purpose of that armband is to prevent people from shooting at you when you do your duties. As it is, medics should only use their weapons for self-defence, but as it is, at least us FFF medics will definately shoot at the invaders who took over our homeland.
- Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Berget 5 FFF Medic
Berget 6 SRP Medic
Berget 8 1/1st Poldavian Comms officer
Berget 9 The Firm office personnel / ZBO O-06
Berget 13 Cerberus

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 25 May 2007, 16:10

Eldoriath wrote: AFAIK all armies train their soldiers in comrade help, basic training in treating wounds and injuries. But this doesn't make all soldiers qualified medics that know how to treat a pnemo thorax, hemo thorax and other more complicated injuries that a medic know how to treat.

Not a crew, but my suspicion is that you won't be allowed to switch who is medic.
Yep, I know. I have received these basic skills in Finnish military training. But if you're going to really fight guerilla war, you should train as many as you can to treat even most complicated injuries. Especially when you are a little short of men and everything else too.

And yes, FFF medics will pour *hit to the invaders, same as every other FFF.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 25 May 2007, 19:00

I really love when people discus a topic without looking at the rules. If any position was rotatable, wouldnt we know by now? You book as a certain role, and similar topics has been upbefore in this forum, like double roles.

Yes, leaders (officers sometimes included), heavy weapon, medics, snipers are all bulletmagnets, they always are. Its up to your squadmates, and tactics to make sure the these people is "safe", perticulary the medic since in airsoft medics really affect gameplay more than any other role, and its up to the medic to play smart.

Even if everyone in a force in real life would be tought basic skills, its not like you in real life magically get well with no effect after a medic has put a nice bandage on you, nomatter where you where hit or with what, like in airsoft. has Be thankfull that there is people in airsoft that can do this.

Medics, the amount of medics, medic rules, respawnrules and the time a roundtrip to the respawn takes all has a hugh impact on airsoftgames, large games like Berget5 they have a bigger impact still. If everyone could act medic, with or without armband, the impact ingame is quite big, jsut consider that you have two medics in a platoon, and both goes to sleep. That will make a difference in that platoon if theyre in combat. Personally I dont like medic rules, the double bandage rule even less, but hey, its a long way to walk to the safezone back and forth.

And as I see it there is even less point in discussing it like this. Its the RULES. When you come to a game you obey the rules, and changing big impact rules like medic weeks before the event can really mess things up.

Flame on!
This space intentionally left blank

TENGILL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TENGILL » 26 May 2007, 11:14

I agree with Thinkers post.
Gl?m inte " T T T".
T?m Tarm och Task.