Thanks for a great event! =)

Topics and things concerning this game.
WildCard

Post by WildCard » 19 Jun 2007, 09:01

From the Spetsnaz Delta1 squad a very big: thank you

We had an amazing time at the event!

whitefeather

Post by whitefeather » 19 Jun 2007, 09:08

The only thing I would recommend would be for group leaders to have things planned out in advance. The SF commander didnt even show up, and they did not decide until the last minute to leave at lunch (making it impossible for me to meet up with them on time because of my drive). So if planning began more in advance, it could be the perfect event.

Ethan Piett

Post by Ethan Piett » 19 Jun 2007, 09:19

No comment ;)
Last edited by Ethan Piett on 19 Jun 2007, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

Sappi

Post by Sappi » 19 Jun 2007, 10:22

This was one of the kind of events that you seriously suffer enjoying.

Not that it was bad or a failure in any way. It's just that after 10 km of walking in a forest with no paths and 20 hours of more or less intense combat, you're not exactly looking forward to sleeping for 4 hours outside in a swamp without any source of heating only to do it all again the next day.. and the day after that.. :x

In retrospect, however, it was a great experience all in all. Thank you!

::EDIT::

Oh, and one more thing..

"RAPU!!"

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 19 Jun 2007, 11:23

One big thank to all players that attended the game. The allied, the finns, swedish and soviets. Together we pulled off the biggest airsoft game in europe.
Many players went to the limits only with basics such as sleep deprivation, hiking, feeding etc. I hope you do recognize this and feel good about yourselves!

Also one huge thanks to the organizers. Not everything was perfect, we all know it, but do know that people enjoyed the event, we appreciate your effort and seriously hope for B6! Bravo B5 crew!

One big thanks also to all locals at Hemso island and Härnösand town. Game area is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever played at, people are nice and Härnösand itself is a jewel at the swedish coast. You will see me there again definately, with my uniform or my family... hopefully both :wink:

Ronick
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Ronick » 19 Jun 2007, 11:28

Let's start by saying that all of the following is from a Finnish point of view.

If I were to look at Berget 5 as a normal, averaged sized Finnish airsoft game, I'd have to say it was kinda boring with very little happening (I for one took part in only like 5 battles, which were mostly small, squad-versus-squad type fights, the kind you see in almost every game you play). We were always in a hurry to go wait somewhere, usually for a ride or for more orders.

BUT (as you can see, there's always a but) when we take into account the massive gaming area, a thousand players from all over the world and only a small group of organizers, I really have to say that, as a whole, the game can be called a succes. It's not possible to give interesting and fun missions to everyone at the same time, and I think it was just bad luck that I didn't get to do as much as someone else. It happens. And the waiting and all is just a by-product for having so many people around.

There was one non-organization related thing that really bugged me: some of the players had obviously forgotten their medication or something, as there were a lot of "TAKE YOUR FUCKING HITS YOU FUCKFACE" "WHY THE --- SPAM !!! --- ARE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE SHOOTING AT US, CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE DEAD YOU MOTHERFUCKER" etc. Some of them really sounded like they were ready to hit other players, and from what I heard someone did. I was stunned, 'cos you don't see that in Finland. If someone doesn't take a hit, which is bound to happen from time to time, you shoot him again until he does, you don't go calling him a shitface, because that's just immature and plain stupid. We were all over 18, am I right?

On the positive side, it was great to play with so many highly motivated Finns. Guerrilla-style combat really suits our Finnish high-speed, mobile game style, and I think that, not counting a couple of lapses, we managed to give the Ruskies a nice ass-whipping from time to time.

The experience itself, eating shitty food and sleeping in shitty two-man tents for four days and walking like a million miles with heavy gear, is really something you don't get to have every day. This was, in my mind, the thing that made Berget 5 a really great game. It was something different for a change.

This was also by-far the greatest game-TRIP I have ever experienced. Our group had a lot of fun just getting to and from Härnösand, or what ever the name was, I can't remember. So all in all, every Finn I talked to really enjoyed Berget 5, even though the game could have been a little better, but really, who cares when you're already having some much fun?

So thank you all for a great event, and especially our Commander mr. Olli Vesakoski, who did a hell-of-a-job organizing the trip and leading us in the field. Good man.

Roni "Ronick" Landgrén
Finnish Freedom Fighters

Oh yes, almost forgot.

RAPU!

= DD

Gilwen

Post by Gilwen » 19 Jun 2007, 13:46

I have to agree with all the guys before. The game was great and we had lots of fun (in FFF side at least).
Of course there is waiting around and nothing happening for long periods, that has to be assumed as normal.

Thank you to the organizers who did great job, and big thanks to all players all over the world who came and made the largest game ever happen.
Next Berget will be very interesting game.

Kimmo "Gilwen" Salonen
Finnish Freedom Fighters

RAPU

Roskov
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Roskov » 19 Jun 2007, 13:56

greger04 wrote:We swedes also enjoyed our game even though we sat in our base most time :D But it was so lame that the russian side was like supposed to win the battle :/ that sucked
we weren't suppose to i think.
But it seems someone forgot to tell the Swedes/Finns/allied that between 16:00 and 18:00 hours on saturday you guys were suppose to attack and destroy the tactical nuke missile in our base, we were dug in pretty good there and the only ones i saw was two Americans (i think) who jumped out of the bushes at the wrong place and got hammered :-)

Gilwen

Post by Gilwen » 19 Jun 2007, 14:08

Roskov wrote: we weren't suppose to i think.
But it seems someone forgot to tell the Swedes/Finns/allied that between 16:00 and 18:00 hours on saturday you guys were suppose to attack and destroy the tactical nuke missile in our base
Well at that time all the Finns were dug in and waiting for you Russian to show up near Swedens base :D
No idea what the SNAFU was, but our orders were to dug in and wait for you.

FW200

Post by FW200 » 19 Jun 2007, 14:15

Gilwen wrote:
Roskov wrote: we weren't suppose to i think.
But it seems someone forgot to tell the Swedes/Finns/allied that between 16:00 and 18:00 hours on saturday you guys were suppose to attack and destroy the tactical nuke missile in our base
Well at that time all the Finns were dug in and waiting for you Russian to show up near Swedens base :D
No idea what the SNAFU was, but our orders were to dug in and wait for you.
And us Russians were busy building bunkers and stuff, waiting for the "massive allied assault".. we had such nice bunkers made.. bit of a shame really

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 19 Jun 2007, 14:21

So that's why I spent 2 hours laying down and feeling cold? :D Haha :P

meister
Corporal
Corporal

Post by meister » 19 Jun 2007, 16:46

Well, I had a great time at berget playing at the russian side. The only negativ I can think of is that my platoon had guard duty for 24+ h on the only side the allias diden't assault and only saw two firefights. :( That suck.

So, hopefully players will do what they are supposed to do on next event so we don't have to do it for them.
Berget 3 - Special Forces
Berget 4 - UN Squad leader
Berget 5 - Russian, Platoon commander Vodka, Dimitri company.
Berget 6 - Glorius Leader of the Bandits (or just a refugee).

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 19 Jun 2007, 17:22

Seems like many leaders and commanders on few sides have never heard of the term "rotation"... Leaders have a big responsibility to make sure every member of their team has a piece of the action, and this has to work on all ladders. And if there is none to be found (organized), a resourceful leader comes up with some interesting things to do. For example, water pickup, patrols, landscape recon missions etc. Possibilities are endless, it's just a matter of using your brain and caring for your subordinates / brothers-in-arms...

Giersu

Post by Giersu » 19 Jun 2007, 20:59

Roskov wrote:But it seems someone forgot to tell the Swedes/Finns/allied that between 16:00 and 18:00 hours on saturday you guys were suppose to attack and destroy the tactical nuke missile in our base, we were dug in pretty good there and the only ones i saw was two Americans (i think) who jumped out of the bushes at the wrong place and got hammered :-)
Actually, we were Poles, not the Americans ;o) What makes me wonder is that this was supposed to be a top secret recon/SF assignment - we were not to assault your missile, but to pinpoint it's location for an airstrike.

Now it's obvious for me it was just another setup - Allied HQ got some orders, which were then passed on to the Soviet command.

Pretty lame...

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 19 Jun 2007, 21:19

Ehh Giers, it's not that simple.... Saturday morning we got missions from HQ. They stated: get armor spare parts for tanks at the roundabout and defend your base by noon Sat.

Turns out at about 0900 we were hit by an airstrike. Very nice, woke up people in panic and all... but, our base was by 1000 fortified and forward recon reported masses of allies crawling around my base.

At noon or so we encountered also finnish attack from NE. The 0900 to 1200 mission stretched well into 1500 so my people became very tired, hungry etc. Since one of the missions brought back guidance chipset for the missile, we had the thing ready. I did want however to give you a chance to destroy it, so I appointed a missile hunt - mission with HQ at the time. We had it ready, could do launch at 1500, but I had my men fed, entrench and hold until 1800. Attack never came, missile launched at 1800.

After allied main base in Härnösand was smoked, we decided to close the day on Saturday by destroying one last coastal cannon in swedish base.

Regardless if allies think that scenario was written for soviets to win, we had fun and showed great performance in teamwork. This alone would have been enough for us. Great relationships beat result anytime.
Yes yes, I know... next time I get a no-win side, but regardless... I am looking for it with even more enthusiasm! Bring it on!