Water

Topics and things concerning this game.
Kadmillos

Water

Post by Kadmillos » 09 Nov 2006, 16:07

I have a question for the organization.

We are thinking to transport some water bottle in this game, for 2 days in game we estimate about 4 litres of water (drink) for person, therefore about 60 lts of water (total) plus the tent (another 18 kgs).

We are thinking to leave our water reserve in the sleeping safe zone for this reason for us is very important to know if the distance between the point of arrival in the island and the sleeping safe zone is easy and if is it possible to have a support (car) to transport the equipment from the arrival to the sleeping point.

Thank you guys.

JJ

Post by JJ » 09 Nov 2006, 16:22

I strongly recommend you to drink more than two liters per day. However there almost certainly will be places where you can resupply with water, both in and off game.

edit: You can find a map of the island here that shows the main roads. Use the zoom under the map to get a more detailed view.

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Water

Post by Berget-events » 09 Nov 2006, 18:36

Kadmillos wrote:I have a question for the organization.

We are thinking to transport some water bottle in this game, for 2 days in game we estimate about 4 litres of water (drink) for person, therefore about 60 lts of water (total) plus the tent (another 18 kgs).

We are thinking to leave our water reserve in the sleeping safe zone for this reason for us is very important to know if the distance between the point of arrival in the island and the sleeping safe zone is easy and if is it possible to have a support (car) to transport the equipment from the arrival to the sleeping point.

Thank you guys.

We will suply all players with water on numerous places in the field and offgame. There will for example be a watersuply in the offgame sleeping camp.

We will have 8 x 1000 liter tanks.

There will be about 300 meters from point of arrival to SafeZone and 150 meters to offgame sleeping.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Paraquedista

Post by Paraquedista » 09 Nov 2006, 19:15

I will take a 3l camebak for the day, then i will re-fill again i think it's the best option to have always water in game.

Müller

Post by Müller » 09 Nov 2006, 19:45

I have 2 nalgene bottles in my rig as well as 2x 3L camelback omage bladders with me.... hydration is too important to skip out...

Alcon
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Alcon » 09 Nov 2006, 20:43

Drink at least 3 l a day, since i can swear that you are going to swett a lot...remember, you can't fight without water or on an empty stomach

Mazku

Post by Mazku » 05 Jun 2007, 23:42

If you move alot(perspire and run) in this weather human needs atleast 1 litter of water per 1 hour. So basicly 8000 litters will only last for under 8 hours for 1200 people, also people will use water for making food.
3 litters of water per day is way too less. The summer up here(Finland) has started as hot as hell. In June it can reach over 30C so be prepared, you can handle game with shitty gear or if you lack little food. But if you lack water in 2-day-game and these circumstances, your going to fail, big time.
:x
I really hope that water-supplying works or people can't stand whole 2 days.

Pelikanen
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Pelikanen » 06 Jun 2007, 00:03

When i did my military service in Boden, we had about 35 Celcius in the shadow in june. and they told us to drink atleast 3-4 l of water each day.

Alcon
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Alcon » 06 Jun 2007, 00:10

yeah 3-4 liters a day was what was told to me too
B8: PSYOPS
B7: NATO
B6: UN-Forces
B5: Swedish Forces
Airsoft

Pahapaavali

Post by Pahapaavali » 06 Jun 2007, 00:59

I don't remember exactly what they said in the army but it was certainly more than that. Normally human needs 2.5l of water per day. Normally means in room temperature, no exercising etc.

http://chppm-www.apgea.army.mil/doem/pg ... tTable.pdf

According to that chart, in ~30C you must drink ~0.75l per working hour. And that's when under easy or moderate work. Then add normal consumption on top of it.

Pelikanen
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Pelikanen » 06 Jun 2007, 01:55

i think i should clarify my previus reply a bit, "and they told us to drink atleast 3-4 l of water each day." you should drink a minimum of 3-4 l a day

haifisch
Newbee
Newbee

Post by haifisch » 06 Jun 2007, 06:32

Also remember to eat. if you just keep drinking and sweating and drinking..you will fall through another hole instead of dehydration. You sweat out lots of precious salts and stuff like that so eat regulary...it is very important to have a good balance in food/fluids when active in strong heat.

meister
Corporal
Corporal

Post by meister » 06 Jun 2007, 07:23

Drink a lot of water and keep up your salt intake. I'm going to use Resorb which is a cocktail of salts and minerals.

You can dehydrate by drinking to much water without proper salt intake.
Berget 3 - Special Forces
Berget 4 - UN Squad leader
Berget 5 - Russian, Platoon commander Vodka, Dimitri company.
Berget 6 - Glorius Leader of the Bandits (or just a refugee).

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 06 Jun 2007, 07:53

I'm going to take cucumbers in this salt broth. You get salt from there and because cucumber has plenty of water it doesn't bind water from your body. Much better option than peanuts or something like that.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Crapgame

Post by Crapgame » 06 Jun 2007, 21:22

i played a game today in around 30celsius between 11:00 and 14:00 and my hydrationpack of 3 liters ran out pretty quick so make sure u have water around