Handcuffs

Topics and things concerning this game.
Torak

Handcuffs

Post by Torak » 22 Nov 2006, 23:09

We'll discuss handcuffs in more detail later, but for now there are a few hours left on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0048274138

That's an auction for 10 sets of British-issue Quickcuffs, plus 20 keys and 10 baton keyrings. It's on Buy It Now for £140, that's £14 per set. If anyone wants to buy the set, I suspect you may be able to sell them to others in the platoon - I'll definitely buy a set.

Other than that, if anyone wants to buy cuffs, make sure they have a safety lock - don't get the cheap ones without them, they're unsafe.

Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 22 Nov 2006, 23:42

I don't know realy, planed to buy a pair of the ones used by US Police in Stockholm next week.

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 23 Nov 2006, 13:19

i allready got some but i will probebly most be using flexi just bekus its easyer and if some one get to scared any one can just cut them with a knife
Last edited by Hornet85 on 23 Nov 2006, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Torak

Post by Torak » 23 Nov 2006, 15:42

Can you rephrase that in English? :?

One thing to remember about flexicuffs: we cannot use ordinary cable ties. They're too narrow and can have nasty edges. If you're going to use flexicuffs, make sure they're either purpose-made or sufficiently wide and with rounded edges. And absolutely no one uses them if they haven't completed a brief handcuff course I'll run before game on.

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 23 Nov 2006, 16:02

Flexi cuffs yes.

Flexi is more used then normal cuffs atleast in the US and in Sweden.
In Sweden we used normal ones you can buy at your local hardware shop.
Big versions that is abut 1cm wide and 70cm long works well.

Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 23 Nov 2006, 16:17

I have never seen flexicuffs in neither the swedish Police or Armed Forces. The Armed Forces MP and Security units use the same cuffs that the Police use.

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 23 Nov 2006, 17:23

UttlandsStyrkan is using Flexi bekus normal handcuffs can be used yes but do you have 3-4 on you? no.
In a riot or wher ther is alot of ppl and you need to cuff every one a smal squad dont have enuff of handcuffs

Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 23 Nov 2006, 17:52

Yeah, but you forget one thing... you have only the right to cuff the ones that have violated the laws, and demonstration is a right in Sweden atleast.

arrelius

Post by arrelius » 23 Nov 2006, 20:11

Robban87 wrote:I have never seen flexicuffs in neither the swedish Police or Armed Forces. The Armed Forces MP and Security units use the same cuffs that the Police use.
It has been used by both. Just because you havent seen it dosent mean that they dont use it. And yes, to demonstrate against something is a given right in sweden but that has nothing to do with flexi cuffs now do it?

G3forever

Post by G3forever » 23 Nov 2006, 20:55

Flexi cuffs yes.

Flexi is more used then normal cuffs atleast in the US and in Sweden.
In Sweden we used normal ones you can buy at your local hardware shop.
Big versions that is abut 1cm wide and 70cm long works well.

I agree, and Germany uses them too!

Müller

Post by Müller » 23 Nov 2006, 22:03

felixi cuffs are widely used, on a daily basis, and they are CHEAP, easy to get open with a knife in case of emergency, and easy to carry around as well...

IF I was MP Id totally get those (I ALWYAS have like 5-10 in my MOLLE webbing on the back of my RAV even if Im just playing normally and not roleplaying as a MP soldier... :)

Petur
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Petur » 19 Jan 2007, 14:09

After reading the post I´ve got one question: Is it easy (and safe) enough to remove flexi on your own? If it is what I think (buntband in swedish?) it can be quite difficult to remove with a knife if both your hands are tied, yes?
"This is hotdogs. Radiocheck, over."

Torak

Post by Torak » 19 Jan 2007, 16:56

That's my concern, yes.

Petur
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Petur » 19 Jan 2007, 19:13

How about duck tape? It´s cheap, easy to use and a little painful to remove. :D

edit: Assuming, of course, that the prisoners won´t try to remove it in order to escape.
"This is hotdogs. Radiocheck, over."

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 19 Jan 2007, 20:44

you cant cut flexis yourself i have tryed :P but with my hands behind the back might work beter in front will try tomorrow.