UK Snatch Land Rover Convoy

Post info about your own custom airsoft jeep, tank, buggy or apc.
jurgen975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by jurgen975 » 12 Nov 2011, 21:19

Rainier and MR.Black in what club are you going to give a improvisation, because i wanna come I think you two make a great couple for a stand-up comedian routine
B7- NATO, India Com, 2nd Platoon, SL 2nd Squad
B8-NAF 5 th Battalion,TL
B9-Due to a gun mailfunction had to leave the game
B10-Company Commander Alpha Company 3 rd Ranger Battalion

Rainer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rainer » 12 Nov 2011, 23:46

Touche' Mr Black. Hehe.
At least more shades of green then.
Maybe we should have a show at the beer party Jurgen.
Good times.
:D
Rainer

B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Missed it
B12 :PMC 3rd Crowbar

In war, truth is the first casualty.

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 13 Nov 2011, 06:58

Hah! I don´t do improv! My material is well planned. :D
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

FatMax
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by FatMax » 13 Nov 2011, 14:53

We're bringing over a land rover as well. With a gunner on top and a 5 person foot team in the back. What's your setup in your cars?

Riotharmus
Private
Private

Post by Riotharmus » 22 Nov 2011, 19:27

Plans changed a little.. dropped the Snatch's for 110 Wolf Hard Tops instead, mainly due to a Snatch engine (3.5 V8) and weight (circa 3 tonnes) means about 3 miles to the gallon!

Gunner and 5 people in the back + 2 in front fatmax? what Land Rover do you have? it'll be mighty full in the back of that one!!

because we're driving so far (3200 mile round trip) we've got 2 up front and 4 in the back (need room for kit, bergens, supplies etc).

We're working on solutions for mounting a machine gun right now, if we sort one out i'll post up details.

Riotharmus
Private
Private

Post by Riotharmus » 22 Nov 2011, 19:30

oh yeah to answer the other questions re sides: we could only get tickets on the NAF Mech Infantry.. so that's who we roll with!!

FatMax
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by FatMax » 21 Dec 2011, 12:57

Riotharmus:

We are bringing the long version to Berget. They are registered for 8-9 persons, depending.
Two people in front, one machine gunner through the roof in the middle of the car and up to a 5 person foot team in the back.

We're driving two or three cars to Berget, so the land rover will have enough room for kit and supplies on the way to and from. Ingame we'll hang packs on the sides, plus we are utilizing the benches for supplies, plus thinking of mounting a low rack on the roof behind the gunner for other extras. Should go ok I think.

We already have the solution for the machinegun ring on the roof. It will give him "armoured" protection on the back and a full 360 degree range. Are you also doing a ring, or are you just putting up a swivel mount?
We are not removing the roof on our car.

Riotharmus
Private
Private

Post by Riotharmus » 22 Oct 2012, 09:12

Sadly we didn't make last years event for a number of reasons (a lot of people let us down).

But we're on for this year.. even i have to drive over on my own!!

We're still bringing a landrover varient based around a Defender 110, but we're hoping to add a few of our own touches to it.

Nearer the time, when i'm 100% sure everything is in place i will post more details, but i've learned from last year and i don't want to post anything i can't deliver!

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: UK Snatch Land Rover Convoy

Post by Klings » 16 Nov 2012, 15:20

Hi, welcome to the lean green machine.

Pro-tip to anyone bringing a car:

Remember your fluids and tools. In case you need oil or a new tire.

Keeping things tidy. If it's not bolted or tied down, it will fly around inside the car.

Practice dismounting and mounting. Use and understand the commands. (The whole team)

Slim down kit. Leg-rigs and bulky vests can make dismounting difficult. Carry mags, leave gadgets in your bag.

Remember there are stupidity an runners all around you, keep that in mind before moving (especially backwards)

Have a plan for expenses. Arguing over money can break teams.
(Pay the driver cirka SEK 1500,- pre-game for example. paying pre-game is better than post-game IMHO)

These tips are based on my experience, don't frown and ask why, then you're experience the unexpected.

68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn