****Gen Conrad?s Mercs Feedback Thread****

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Doorang
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Doorang » 03 Jul 2008, 01:55

So then, I will do this simple and clear:

Good;
Just enogh action, (I would guess it was because of the truck)

Good action to say the least.

Attitude of all the mercs, no over-serious-lets-compare-weapons-insted-of-playing, nither anyone with the Iam-so-fucking-great-I-never-get-hit syndrom.. (i know there were some asses in our team too, but i felt like they realised pretty quickly what people thought of them)

Berget dollors! even if we where cut a little cheap..

The swiss guys, the russians, italians and so on, that accutly really made it feel like a merc camp.

Gen Conrads attitud thowards problems.

The diplomats attitud thowards recon missions :wink:

The bad stuff:

Languge difficultis; In our group it was 4 swiss, 2 sweden and 3 italians. Orders came from gen con, (swedish translating to englisch to a german guy) Coy (german) to platton (german) to groupleader (swiss) to us (swedish) to the italian guys.. By then the order had been translated about 3 times.. And peoples english skills... weel you know.

Orders; should have been in written form, if nothing else everyone would been able to read them.

Where were our mony? After seeing 1000 dollar bills, i realised we had been tricked when geting paid in 1 dollar bills the whole time! But hey its fun anyhow.

Thretening of team members, and you know who you are, never do that one again.

No schedule; A simple one; Between xx:xx
Coy A Has base duty and QRF
Coy B Has Mission duty
Coy C Has .. and so on, then a rotation every 8 hours or so.
At least then would we have had a base protection and a QRF to call out whenever the shit hits the fan.
And all players would have know what were expected from them.

End

We left the game at the friday, mainly becuse of a family emergancy but seccondly becuse of the "glass bb incident". Glass breaking is one thing but the fucking dent! No one on this earth could convince me that whatever gun fired that BB is not a overtuned gun.

And to rap it up; Great game and i hope to see another merc team next year!

Dragon
Private
Private

Post by Dragon » 03 Jul 2008, 21:09

Doorang wrote:
The swiss guys, the russians, italians and so on, that accutly really made it feel like a merc camp.

thanks

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 04 Jul 2008, 17:00

hey guy's !

First I have to thanks the swedish guy from the asst team (peter, Mikael, yoan, jonas and alex) and to Olsen Many many thanks, from monday at the pick up from the ariport to the next monday very early in the morning to the airport

I learn a lot about friendship, warm welcome, help etc ! Swedish guy a shy but when you get to know them, they are awersome ! I loved travel with you and discover the sweden from Nyköping to harnosand ! But you drive to slowly guy's never go up the limit .... (sorry I'm a french guy :p )

so again many thanks for the help, the food, the travel, the tent, the kamin (I love this things ! and the swedish army tent 12 :D)

For the event !

I was an engineer but the miss of one person propulsed me on squad leader.

thx to rush to propose me the place of platoon leader but I was not able to take this place !

let me start with the minus part !

- Able Coy Co disappeard the first 5 hours with able four platoon leaving us by our own conplaining to Crazydog (Sorry Rush but as Able commander you should'nt leaved with one platoon, the whole company yes no with one platoon; especially if the other platoon do not know what to do ... but after you were a great coy Co so it's not a realy - but it's not a + just a remark maybe or I miss some informations...)

- the first 8 hours of the event doing nothing, no we were on guard duty the 3 first hour

- hum, no information about what's happening ! it's not the fault of our chain of command but the BE who was supposed to write it on a panel next to the HQ.

- The attack of the radio car on the main road ... Did BE planned this mission like this or not ? Because There were a lot of people on the main road !

- The off game of the amoured convoy ! Why BE can't stop the off game traffic for half an hour or something ? The too many off game part kill the action as for the NATO or for The Mercs ! I'm very sorry the my platton that were in place behind the nato force to destroy them !

- A general taht come 15 minutes the start of this event is a joke, he was a princess, and a little bit stupid. I never could respect him, seeing him made me laught .... Especially when is asking for his tent when around 300 people were waiting for him !

I think that's all !

the plus now :

+ Better than the last year !

+ all mercs rocks ! I have a lot of fun discussing with the swedish german, swiss, french, slovekian, etc etc !

+ NATO : for my part of the game you were some nice target :p

+ UN : you fucked US very well !

+ SRP : I never saw you when i was alive !

+ Crazy belgian (diplomat) you made me laught so much ! Again Again !!!!

+ better base organisation, the tent, the safezone etc !

so thanks to you all mercs !

thx for my feet ! they stay in good health all the event !

Swedish people ! all the others !

Special thx for Kafar and rednicoba !

I think I said all of this, I enjoy this event even if there was a bad start !

Let see us all the next year ! at B7 !
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 04 Jul 2008, 17:16

vardemis wrote:hey guy's !

First I have to thanks the swedish guy from the asst team (peter, Mikael, yoan, jonas and alex) and to Olsen Many many thanks, from monday at the pick up from the ariport to the next monday very early in the morning to the airport

I learn a lot about friendship, warm welcome, help etc ! Swedish guy a shy but when you get to know them, they are awersome ! I loved travel with you and discover the sweden from Nyköping to harnosand ! But you drive to slowly guy's never go up the limit .... (sorry I'm a french guy :p )

so again many thanks for the help, the food, the travel, the tent, the kamin (I love this things ! and the swedish army tent 12 :D)

For the event !

I was an engineer but the miss of one person propulsed me on squad leader.

thx to rush to propose me the place of platoon leader but I was not able to take this place !

let me start with the minus part !

- Able Coy Co disappeard the first 5 hours with able four platoon leaving us by our own conplaining to Crazydog (Sorry Rush but as Able commander you should'nt leaved with one platoon, the whole company yes no with one platoon; especially if the other platoon do not know what to do ... but after you were a great coy Co so it's not a realy - but it's not a + just a remark maybe or I miss some informations...)

- the first 8 hours of the event doing nothing, no we were on guard duty the 3 first hour

- hum, no information about what's happening ! it's not the fault of our chain of command but the BE who was supposed to write it on a panel next to the HQ.

- The attack of the radio car on the main road ... Did BE planned this mission like this or not ? Because There were a lot of people on the main road !

- The off game of the amoured convoy ! Why BE can't stop the off game traffic for half an hour or something ? The too many off game part kill the action as for the NATO or for The Mercs ! I'm very sorry the my platton that were in place behind the nato force to destroy them !

- A general taht come 15 minutes the start of this event is a joke, he was a princess, and a little bit stupid. I never could respect him, seeing him made me laught .... Especially when is asking for his tent when around 300 people were waiting for him !

I think that's all !

the plus now :

+ Better than the last year !

+ all mercs rocks ! I have a lot of fun discussing with the swedish german, swiss, french, slovekian, etc etc !

+ NATO : for my part of the game you were some nice target :p

+ UN : you fucked US very well !

+ SRP : I never saw you when i was alive !

+ Crazy belgian (diplomat) you made me laught so much ! Again Again !!!!

+ better base organisation, the tent, the safezone etc !

so thanks to you all mercs !

thx for my feet ! they stay in good health all the event !

Swedish people ! all the others !

Special thx for Kafar and rednicoba !

I think I said all of this, I enjoy this event even if there was a bad start !

Let see us all the next year ! at B7 !

it was funn wiht you to ,,,,,,,see ya next year 8)
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"
spetsnazcommander berget 5

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by meathead » 04 Jul 2008, 21:11

- A general that come 15 minutes the start of this event is a joke, he was a princess, and a little bit stupid. I never could respect him, seeing him made me laught .... Especially when is asking for his tent when around 300 people were waiting for him !
Well you guys were a blast as well, got to love the froggers attitude....

Asking for a tent was the first step to get going with my game, a place to for my gear to rest. because i did now I would not get so much rest.. Your Coy Commander got theres orders so you should not have been waiting for me. You should have been playing already!

But hey, I hope you got the command next year and I can evaluate your game!

No meaning to replay I wont be checking this forum for next 4 week because I´m going on holiday! Have a nice summer guys!

/meathead
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

Arbiterman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Arbiterman » 04 Jul 2008, 21:36

Doorang wrote:Berget dollors! even if we where cut a little cheap..
We were paid $2000 a day. Not bad for a mercenary :)

And BTW, i was laughing over loud about some NATO troops unable to make them self cosy with nature-forrest-toilets, screaming about shortage of thouse provided by berget crew. Hah! What if we blow they toilets next year? Whould that mean our total, most power-play victory? Hah! :D

Astley
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Astley » 31 Jul 2008, 19:44

Hey

thanks for a nice game... it was my 5´th game and it was more fun then i ever dremed about!

ofcause there were some not-so-funny-shit but the funny-shit was super!
me and my mates had a great time! so special thank to the Baker2 hotel!
im gonna be there next year! cu there??

REMEMBER :

Merc dont die! they go to hell and regrupe!

Bootcat
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bootcat » 08 Aug 2008, 19:52

meathead wrote:
sharp_tenebre wrote:Meathead.
Surely you forgot to thank FALK who filled in as baker coy commander and did a dammed fine job.
my full evaluation will be done when i have finnished work for the day.
"I like to thank a bunch of people but my memory fails me to remember nickname :oops: , but some of got a gold star from me so you know who you are."

As i wrote i my second post. He got a gold star from me IRL.

/meathead
I guess that was me, i was Able 4 Plt Leader. Thanks for the nice star! The other one you gave to Lynx.

B6 was a nice experience for Able 4. We were an all-French platoon, except a Catalonian group that never really fought with us for a variety of reasons.

Now for some bragging: we got to do some crazy things, like destroying 8 antennas on NATO hill the first night, attacking the NATO convoy on the main road (more about this one below), running around the whole game area through the woods, getting the AT4 launchers, trying to buy a tank for the General... some moments were really annoying but from a month's distance, it was more fun than boredom.

About the convoy: we were given the mission to ambush a radio vehicle on the road network. Since the map showed the main road as "in-game", we logically set up ambushes with two other platoons along this road. It seems that at some time, the B6 Crew decided to make this road "off-game" regarding combat, but still permitted its use for travel. Anyway, when we hit the spot, I had some serious doubts about how to ambush without hitting non-players. We met A LOT of good-looking Swedish girls on horseback there :) Anyway, we nearly abandoned the mission when this convoy rolled in. My guys spotted some bicycles on the road, they tried to stop these people but these kept rolling towards the ambush zone... not good... then everybody started firing. Of course, the NATO guys were sure this was a "no combat" area, so things got hot very fast, then the B6 Crew rolled in. After a debriefing in the Safe Zone, the referees decided this incident happened because of poor communication and was not a deliberate breach of game rules. Again, sorry for causing this trouble with my guys.

I could write a lot more, but in a nutshell, B6 was an event worth attending, as someone said the game is as good as we make it, so we got organized and it worked (mostly) well. We are looking forward to B7 next year.
Train hard, play hard, drink hard.

Bootcat

- B6: Mercs, Able 4 platoon leader
- B7: NATO, India 3 platoon leader
- B8: 3rd Rangers Btn

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 09 Aug 2008, 18:36

Languge difficultis; In our group it was 4 swiss, 2 sweden and 3 italians. Orders came from gen con, (swedish translating to englisch to a german guy) Coy (german) to platton (german) to groupleader (swiss) to us (swedish) to the italian guys.. By then the order had been translated about 3 times.. And peoples english skills... weel you know.
:P I want a fok on de taable!

The language issues are a great ingrediant in th game!
I remember translating a russian guy to a swedish GM because the swede didnt understand the english the rus spoke and vice-versa... :D
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 20 Aug 2008, 23:21

RRP Taksi wrote:
:P I want a fok on de taable!

The language issues are a great ingrediant in th game!
I remember translating a russian guy to a swedish GM because the swede didnt understand the english the rus spoke and vice-versa... :D
And We were Mercs that was one part of the roleplay lol !
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero