*** NATO feedback thread ***

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 02 Jul 2008, 17:31

Kartoon wrote:Things worked well when you were in charge, but sadly when Brujo(the guy with des DPM and MARPAT helmet over, a TALL guy?)
Would like to see yourself getting things right upon arriving to an unknown location, under fire, no clear idea of enemy forces, two own platoons in bad need of replacing, a story going on and about four new faces telling me issues.

Might appear like a fubar to you, but Ians unit got their R&R, Sven's I2 got their discharge from the hill, guidance chip recovered and shipped via F5 to base, reds removed from your base and supplies delivered to SRP (AT and pills).
The fact that we pulled out of there... as NATO we were not allowed to fight for someone else's interest, we came with a mission and left with mission complete and all NATO forces well.

The DPM/marpat combo... sue me for that, I wore my Gucci marpat for two days straight and needed something else at the time. You probably wore a green hunters suit :D
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

STUNTMAN
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by STUNTMAN » 02 Jul 2008, 17:31

Kartoon wrote:Greetings from the SRP camp!

Personally I would like to thank Ian for his efforts!
I was 2nd in command for the SRP and I was responsible for cooperation with the NATO forces when they were operating in our area.

As a reserve 2nd lieutenant for the FDF I enjoyed working with a guy who seemed to know what he was doing and when it should be done. You always knew where your guys were and you enjoyed their full trust, it seemed.

Things worked well when you were in charge, but sadly when Brujo(the guy with des DPM and MARPAT helmet over, a TALL guy?) arrived with his reinforcements everything stopped. I don't know if it was for lack of intel or what it was, but it seemed to me like it was a chaos with no organization whatsoever.
Too bad, because when Ian had his company operating the area things actually got done.

So KUDOS, Ian, I hope to see you in the future games as well! A big hand to Ians platoon leaders as well, you were all great! I hope none of your guys got into trouble for the broken car window.
I don't know what happend, but I know that several times we went to negotiate to SPR base, negotiate a lot, they ask 2000 Berget dllrs, left there two hostages just to show that we keept our word.
We returned there, paied 15000 Berget Dls, grab our hostages and fuel, promise to come back and dellivery medic boxes. (i've got this everything taped on nmy camera).

Every time that we went there after, we're attacked!

Don't know why... we made everiything that the SPR asked us.

I can belleive that SPR didn't know to recognaise NATO Flags from UN flags! :wink:

STUNTMAN
BERGET VETERAN:

B5 - Allied Forces - Mech Brigd Echo Coy.
B6 - Nato Forces - Mech Brigd Foxtrot Coy
B7 - Nato Forces - Foxtrot Coy.
B8 - NAF 23rd - Foxtrot Coy
B9 - NAF 6th -Foxtrot Coy
B11 - GCT Taskforce SIDU - Foxtrot Coy

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 02 Jul 2008, 18:36

Brujo wrote:
Kartoon wrote:Things worked well when you were in charge, but sadly when Brujo(the guy with des DPM and MARPAT helmet over, a TALL guy?)
Would like to see yourself getting things right upon arriving to an unknown location, under fire, no clear idea of enemy forces, two own platoons in bad need of replacing, a story going on and about four new faces telling me issues.

Might appear like a fubar to you, but Ians unit got their R&R, Sven's I2 got their discharge from the hill, guidance chip recovered and shipped via F5 to base, reds removed from your base and supplies delivered to SRP (AT and pills).
The fact that we pulled out of there... as NATO we were not allowed to fight for someone else's interest, we came with a mission and left with mission complete and all NATO forces well.

The DPM/marpat combo... sue me for that, I wore my Gucci marpat for two days straight and needed something else at the time.
No need to get upset, not at all. I reckon I wasn't aware of your mission and it's none of my business. Myself and our commander were pretty aware of the whole situation at our area at the moment and weirdly you didn't seem interested to hear anything from us, that's what made me wonder. You had "natives" as your eyes and ears and you closed them out.

Anyway my post was most of all to thank ian for a pleasant experience cooperating with an airsofter from another country.

And STUNTMAN, NATO always delivered what they promised, well appreciated. A couple of times SRP was told by the GM's to behave a certain way against the NATO forces, I wont get more into that. At the last battle SRP was not to let anyone get to the highest top of the hill and eventually even UN forces were removed from the area.
Plus, I think "clandestine" operations were executed by most factions, that didnt actually support any relationships previously created betweed different factions. I saw UN fire at NATO forces at our base and call it a mistake, well, it's just a game so they got over it

Brujo, I heard plenty of positive things about you from different sources and I'm sorry for perhaps offending you in my previous post, I might have sounded meaner than I intended.

In the end I just want to thank the whole NATO faction for a cool event! :D

p.s. I thought the DPM + MARPAT looked badass, especially on a big guy like yourself(you over 200 cm?).
You probably wore a green hunters suit :D
Proudly.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 02 Jul 2008, 19:14

Thanks Kartoon, that was a damn good afternoons battle.

But to be fair on Brujo, he was the Battalion commander. His job was to control theatre wide operations and when it comes to the dirty and gritty close quarter battle fight on the ground then its down to each sub-ordinate to control the battle, not the battalion commander.

Agreed that the locals should have been used for intel, but I did make a point of pulling aside all platoon and above NATO command elements to give them a complete brief on the situation which included the location of the frontline, friendly force locations and the enemies axis of advance.

But at the end of the days, in a battle like that one then its the platoon and company commanders that control the battle and the grunts the fight the fight.
Last edited by wormbyte on 02 Jul 2008, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 02 Jul 2008, 19:34

I'll describe my personal views from Oscar Coy, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad perspective. Simply put: I had a blast, and will be back next year for sure! I was the guy with the motorcycle. :-)

My objective with this event was to gain experience with multi-day events and gather info on my own performance in this airsoft genre. I'm a 50 years young pharte, have played airsoft since october 2007 and besides Norwegian draft service 1977-78 as LMG (MG3) infantry-dude I served for a year in UNIFIL NORMAINTCOY XIV/XV (1984-85) Lebanon, as a radio operator. Nuff said - i.e. for me airsoft is a means of moving my interests for PC wargames away from the computer screen. I've got a complete Norwegian kit with PRR/PMR radios and simply want to have fun. I did!

I knew beforehand I was not much physically trained, but reckoned I'd have a fair chance since one of my clubmates would provide a buggy. Unfortunately this project was abandonded a few days before Berget due a malfunctioning carburetor. So much for getting away from tabbing. Anyway, Berget-vets from my own club and Østfold Milsim assured this could be handled, so I went along on that info with a big smile.

I also knew beforehand that I had a torn right knee ligament, that occasionally would give pains after extended walks under load. This can be handled by occasional breaks and controlled tempo. ( Courtesy of an offroad motorcycle incident two years ago ) I still reckoned I could tab along with the rest of the squad as long as they knew these limitations.

Nuff said. I thought: "This is just another airsoft-game". I proved both right and wrong.

Good stuff:

- The NATO-armbands from STUNTMAN! Excellent quality. I lost mine during attack last day, but that's another story.

- Meals Ready To Eat - or HeaterMeals : http://www.heatermeals.com/ These worked very well. Just stuff that wrapped food into a bag - pour some saltwater and let boil for 12 minutes - Yummie :-) Bought at www.magasinet.no

- Meeting and cooperating with other nations' airsofters

- My personal expectations regarding balance between action, missions and guard duty were met in all regards.

- Our platoon CO Trygve and my Squadleader Arne - kudos to them for excellent leadership and behaviour

- My platoon mates! An excellent bunch of crazy guys with a cracking humour!

- Oscar COY! I'm amazed how well we cooperated with the Italians :-)

- Mixmaster, Oscar COY CO deserves kudos for patient and good leadership

- The game area - perfect

- 6 hour tab searching for a mortar and flask of virus antidote; I learned a lot about myself, my new kit and my own performance. Although the props never were put at our target coordinates the tab itself was a major success for me personally. I learned a lot and will prepare thereafter! :-)

- The NATO base - completely adequate for my stay there. Those complaining over base facilities have some valid points about emptying toilets more often, but I was lucky and found the shithouse "compatible" when needed ;-)

- My weapons worked flawlessly all days

- My kit needs minor adjustments - but mostly more appropriate pre-mission briefs to function better (more about that)

- I have no idea what went wrong concerning BN command and won't comment on that. I had a good time with our command structure - period.

- Kudos to mr.Lexa at SRP who helped me getting much needed water from the SRP-base. I was in much pain from my ankle, was shot out of game and in respawn at that time. My jaw dropped to the floor when some sneeky SRP-dude tried to buy me with Berget-dollars. This little episode made my day and I'm still giggling over it. Cool game feature. I'm not much familiar with LARP like this and this fascinated me. ;-)

- The time spent with Kvisvik and his platoon guarding our base at friday when recouperating my knee after that failed 6hr tab thursday.

- Our PRR&PMR radios worked very well throughout the game

- From my perspective Brujo and Oberlix worked like heroes with what they got - but we must always remember that canned missions and scripted gameplay have many controversies. Nuff said.

Bad stuff:

- The maps given at check-in where inadequate and I'm glad I brought my own GPS with friluftskartan Pro for that area and my own maps printed in colour

- The food at beerparty was a bad joke with cold potatoes not worth 100 SEK - better shape up next year about this BE - at least the beer was excellent and cool (Pripps Sommarøl)

- Lack of speeches and debrief from BE Crew and the respective BN Commanders at beerparty

- NATO BE Mission control seemed too unstructured and laidback. I have no idea if this is BE, NATO BN command or Oscar Coy's faults. My Coy CO and PCO should have been given mission orders at least an hour in advance of missions. To my squad it seemed mission orders/briefs were given minutes before execution - putting our PCO in unwanted situations

- My platoon tabbed too much compared to others while unused trucks stood passive - BE and BN HQ must always remember that airsofters are rarely trained for multi-hour tabs in rough terrain - As a minimum people should be trucked out a couple of times to a rally point before major attacks or long missions. Same offer for the return to base after long patrols or fights - that way BN HQ have more motivated resources available when they want. ;-)

- We were sent out on a 6 hour tab on thursday to search for an enemy mortar and a flask of virus antidote - which proved not to have been placed at the proper coordinates - in fact they were never put there in the first place. Despite excuses from BE & BN command this is too plain stupid.

- That tabbing caused my mentioned knee to suffer - and without further ado I had to recouperate and seek base defense duties the whole friday to be of any use for my PCO the last day of Berget. No complaints from me though ( I was aware this could happen ). I'm more sorry for my squad loosing firepower since some dudes decided to leave early on friday.

- From my perspective we got insufficient and wrong info about mission length the last day - leading to me donning too much kit and spraining my right ankle during our attack on Red base. We were told to kit up for 7-8 hours and be prepared for field duty off-base until game end at 2000.
Naturally I filled up my camelpak and an additional 1 litre field flask and appropriate rain clothing and FR put into my rucksack. To my amazement the walk to Red base (mercs) took only less than half an hour and I was heavily over-kitted for the attack in progress. Bummer. I slipped on rain-moisted ground and fell heavily, spraining my ankle and now have a sick-leave while recouperating. I'm OK and won't complain wildly since this could just as well have happened on a hiking trip with a full rucksack on wet ground - but in regards to Berget operations it could have been avoided with better and more realistic info pre-mission.

As we know, real soldiers drop their bergens/rucksacks at certain points before an attack to have better survival chances. I don't think real infantry would push through an attack with a rucksack laden with kit/food/water for 8-hour ops in possible rain. :wink:

- My platoon got too little RR & sleep time while others got more and could visit the famous Safe-Zone. My mates hardly had a chance to this.

- Some dude at Conrad Mercs had a high-fps sniper gun with interesting bullets that makes me very curious. I was taken out by a shower of normal BB's downhill by the SRP base at saturday and was reaching for my death rag while falling to the ground when "PLAKK!" something hit my forehead just above the cap beak and nearly sent me spinning backwards. All 5 people around me heard that BB hit loud and clear.
Kudos for an extraordinary good shot from my opponent, but I fear for my teeth at next game since this projectile was a heavy hitter. I still got a small wound behind that cap and wonder what rifle was used. :evil:

- For me as a former UN-soldier it was laughable when we were told that UN CO had gone rogue and NATO should send out misions against UN. Daft - but hey, this is LARP. haha

Summary:
This may seem like much negatives, but in the whole I'm a happy camper and will definitely come to another Berget event. Most things were described well in advance on the Berget website and I got much input from Berget-vets beforehand. My own physical status is not my heaviest concern - I'll be hiking with a rucksack here before next event and train my lower extremities to usable status again. No worries.
And if necessary I'll volunteer for base defense without a blink. That way I might even learn about other nations airsofters and get fresh perspectives ;-)

Ideas:

A) What about dropping all officially named game-fraction names (NATO, UN etc.) in favour of other codes next time? I still have my blue beret from UN-service and may be taking this too seriously, but I feel NATO versus Red Mercs with russians is a cold dinosaur breath from the cold war and that we may put ourselves in unwanted and outdated mindsets.
I'd rather erase those politics and preferrably get that out of my head in favour of better cameraderie between our neighbour countries. Just a thought.

B) What about true freeplay next time? Many of my fellow players hated the scripted gameplay this year and wanted to see more consequence-oriented freeplay - i.e. that their intel and suggestions of follow-up attacks/missions was taken more seriously instead of "that flank was supposed to fall today" and such crap.

Seniority.
I talked with Oberlix at HQ while hobblin' around in the camp and he concluded with a smile that I was not the most senior Berget-dude being there - he easily blew me away with another 13 years :-) Any more senior contenders - step forward please!

Thanks to BE, NATO, Conrad Mercs, SRP and UN for a great experience!

I'll most definitely be back. See ya!
Last edited by motorhead on 06 Jul 2008, 20:17, edited 22 times in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 02 Jul 2008, 20:04

A present for ya, motörhead. :D

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 02 Jul 2008, 20:05

Nice! :-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

arne71
Private
Private

Post by arne71 » 02 Jul 2008, 23:31

Hi guys! I was Motorhed`s squad leader. Nice to see him up and running again. Hopefully your knee is getting better.
Had plenty of dull momenst at Berget (Waiting, and being sent out searching for nonexisting objects.)
Had some very thrilling moments as well. (The fighting by the Srp base on friday evening. And the the final shoot out the same place on saturday.)

I guess there were equally many "bad apples" on each side in this game. Not taking hits, using incorect uniforms, to high fps, glass bbs etc.

One incident however realy soured the whole game for me. It happened during Nato`s attack on the Merc base on saturday.

When we entered the base one of my teammates(Motorhead) fell and hurt his knee. As I was standing next to him, I had to stop and check if he was all right. As a consequense my squad entered the base when the fireing more or less had stopped. When advancing through "main road" of the camp I noticed a guy (Merc) at the end of it, jumping up and down with a wounded-flag in his hand. (Why wasen`t he lying down btw?) The guy was screaming at me, though I could not make out what he was screaming. When I got closer he approched me, and tore into me. He accused me of shooting at him after he had shown his wounded-flag. even though I DID NOT FIRE ONE SINGLE SHOT DURING THE ATTACK, due to Motorhead`s injury. He also claimed to have emptied two, RPT TWO magazines at me (get real), and that I was not taking the hits.

THAT`S TWO ACUSATIONS I DO NOT TAKE LIGHTLY.

1. Due to the injury of Motorhead my squad entered the camp after the shooting had stopped. Out of respect of my opponents, I NEVER FIRE UPON OPPONENTS IF THEY HAVE A VISSIBLE VOUNDED-FLAG. AND I DID NOT DO IT THEN EITHER.

2.He claimed to have emtied two magazines at me, and acused me of cheating. How could he have hit me.How could he even have been shooting. He was already shot when I entered the camp. I got really annoyed with this guy. However I was calmed down by a teammate. He told me to take the "hit", which i did. And I was promptly healed by a medic.
This guy however was not finished. When I got to my feet, he came back with two or three of his friends. They started wresteling with my arm. They wanted to have my player id. Hey, what`s the point of getting physical over airsoft? He/they could politely have asked for my id, and I would happily have given it to him/them.

Such behaviour do not belong in airsoft, even if you are on the loosing side. I WILL NOT be held responsible for what other players do.

If the guy has the guts to take this matter further, I can help him out. My player id was 1163, rpt 1163.

Honestly though, I think an apollogy would be more in place. If he has the guts, he can apollogise on this board. Or by e-mail:risva@online.no.

About the event itself: a few great higlihts mentioned above. The organisation of the game was piss poor though. Too much waiting, and almost no contact with the enemy. When you have 1200 airsofters within a few square miles, there is no point in keeping them apart. Let them shoot at each other. That`s why we came. No wonder people left early.

Will I be back next year? Maybe.

Arne R

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 03 Jul 2008, 01:09

I don't know what happend, but I know that several times we went to negotiate to SPR base, negotiate a lot, they ask 2000 Berget dllrs, left there two hostages just to show that we keept our word.
We returned there, paied 15000 Berget Dls, grab our hostages and fuel, promise to come back and dellivery medic boxes. (i've got this everything taped on nmy camera).

Every time that we went there after, we're attacked!

Don't know why... we made everiything that the SPR asked us.

I can belleive that SPR didn't know to recognaise NATO Flags from UN flags! Wink
Well, in a way youre right about the colors...

Mostly our troop engaged you by mistake when you came shortly after hostile GCM troops and we couldnt decide what else to do.
When in doubt shoot, when shure, shoot to make even more shure..
If you cant decide, shoot until somebodey else makes a decision... :P
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Erwin
Private
Private

Post by Erwin » 03 Jul 2008, 01:14

arne71 wrote:Too much waiting, and almost no contact with the enemy. When you have 1200 airsofters within a few square miles, there is no point in keeping them apart. Let them shoot at each other. That`s why we came. No wonder people left early.
It was not the waiting and guarding that caused the people to leave. It was the waiting and guarding that had no point. Myself, I would happily guard the base for a half a night. BUT! I would not guard it for 0300 - 0900 and times like that, when there are no enemies. I don't want to wait for an attack to happen at 1200, because it was written a year earlier to happen that time.
I want it to happen because it needs to happen.

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 03 Jul 2008, 01:42

Taksi: I was told that we shouldnt return fire from SRP forces, even if fired upon. So I ordered my Coy to only fire on red guys and to make sure they were red before shooting. I sort of assumed it was your way of making out who was a friend or a foe (if it fires back, it must be the enemy). :wink:

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 03 Jul 2008, 02:07

Tystnad wrote:Taksi: I was told that we shouldnt return fire from SRP forces, even if fired upon. So I ordered my Coy to only fire on red guys and to make sure they were red before shooting. I sort of assumed it was your way of making out who was a friend or a foe (if it fires back, it must be the enemy). :wink:
We had the same orders.. But u guys r spooks..

If it fires, fire back. If it doesnt fire, its smart so fire anyway... :P
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Saint
Private
Private

Post by Saint » 03 Jul 2008, 08:50

Hi all,

My 5 minutes of pros and cons on B6 event. I was Brujo's adjutant in HQ, besides coffee and tea making, my duties were also interrogation, intel gathering and twice I also managed to grab my Systema and go to battle. Nevertheless I had a great time; I just hope on B7 we will meet again either on red or blue site.

My first personal thanks goes to our Norwegian fighters, especially Norman, I hope to see you again on some other event if not we'll met on B7. I must thank Ober-Lix for showing me how a real German soldier commands, your English and your commanding style shows how a true gentleman and Prussian acts. Next there is Ian, on TA4 we started on a wrong foot, I am happy we managed to clear the stuff at least a little and I'm looking forward again to participate on one of your event or even better, next year on the same side on B7. Last but not least I would like to thank White Ace and his Belgian and Dutch colleagues for being such a good teammates, this was my second year on the same side with White Ace and I only hope next year we will have time to play and chat some more. Last but not least thanks for all the other international and Slovenian players, B6 was for me one of the best international events, I admit there were some f…ups but still, I had a great time all the time even though I had only 2-3 hours of sleep and practically no mission time except the last day.

To BE staff, you did the great job, 1000+ participants are hard to please, this year logistics was much better than last year, my suggestions are to bring more toilets and definitely assign new caterer for Beer party. This year's 100 SEK platter was by my opinion worth not more than 10 SEK… after eating this… ok… food most of us ended in Mc Donald’s, they had a lousy time feeding 100+ hungry and battle worn players. On B5 catering was more then perfect so please ask the same guy to be on B7 Food Team again, most of us missed the prize draw because we had such a great time at Mc Donald’s meeting other Russian, French and Slovak friends.

Spoof, Majk and other BE organizers, hope to see your airsoft team on more events as teammates, not only once a year as organizers we like to molest with 1001 problems.

BR

Saint
Berget 5, Berget 6 - official HQ paper-pusher

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 03 Jul 2008, 10:43

A few words from your NATO CO...
HQ:
What was planned to be a huge HQ with 6-man comms officers and HQ admins, three men base security, two-men CO and several other assitants turned out through a series of unfortunate events such as hospitalisation, car-accidents and other accidents, to be a two man-job and getting ad-hoc help from players planned elsewhere. I was aware at the time of planning thaat some improvisation might be needed but to be put in a position as I had at B5 was something I really wasn't prepaired for.
At this point my biggest thanks and kudos to Saw and Thiemo for jumping in. Saw as a comm and Thiemo as base captain. Needless to say, we were still undermanned for the 400 crowd but in my opinion we did better than last year.
Oberlix and myself managed to rotate the shifts as planned and act as NATO CO's half time each. Big thanks also to you, Michael.
A special thanks to Norman for assuring that NATO CO survived this event with merely a fleshwound. Would love to play with you or against you anytime 8)

Probably the biggest stress was put to company and platoon commanders this year. Therefore I will say my thanks to Tystnad, Mixmaster, Saw, Wormbyte, Sven, Whiteace, Nils, Viking for making the best out of given situations. You all did good and performed at your best for your players. I am sure they appreciate this as much as I do.

Next thanks goes to all players who enjoyed this event. Be that friendlies or enemies. By taking over the CO-ing I accepted the mission to satisfy as many players as possible and to my observations I believe most left the event happy. Hopefully noone got discouraged by some cheating and noobish behaviour. You have that at every big event and it will always be present so learn to live with it or do not attend megaevents. Again, this years cheating (intended or coincidential) was by faar lesser than last years and it will be even less next year. Forget about cheating and remember the good points of the event.

Berget events, again thanks for organizing this event. I know how much stress this was for you guys, you did good in the end. Most of the players are happy and most of us will come back next year. Do one thing, please... torture the guy within your team that decided on selecting the cheapo no-good pig-food too-expensive caterer for afterparty.
BE are also getting an email with my observed pros and cons so they can improve for next year.

That's it, I am sure I also forgot a few but do know that although I myself did not enjoy the event, I enjoyed very much pleasing the majority. Next year I'll be just a mere Plt CO of my team AKS and we will play together with the russians. See you :lol:

Deki_AKS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Deki_AKS » 03 Jul 2008, 15:36

This was my second Berget event (I was there for B5 last year) and I saw a lot of logistical improvement over B5. However, missions part still needs a lot of work (at lest from my point of view).

I was a platoon leader (FOX 2) in motorised company, working mostly with Blackwolf (FOX3) and Emil (FOX5). Durring the game I also coordinated guys from FOX4, which was not much work since guys know what they were doing.

COMM and teamwork in FOXTROT company was working practicaly at 100%. There were no hickups or problems, which was great! However, there were some things that could be done better (less time and energy consuming), but i'll get there in a minute.

First I would like to pull out some of the guys from the crowd, that made this event great for me.

NATO:
Kris, BlackWolf and Emil for great teamwork, HQ:Brujo and HQ:Oberlix for allways having time to listen, Igor(Latvia) and guys from Bulgaria (sorry didn't remember your names) for good fighting whenever we were together in combat,… and last but not least my FOX 2 platoon +Trasher(Hungary), for sticking it out until the end of this very exhausting event.

Mercenaries:
The french guys that fought us back at their base
The 30-40 Russian guys (Pavel, Shaman,..) that engaged 10 of us at the mortar site,..helluwa fight!!
Slovak guys (f*ck you, you are too many to name names :D , but I will mention Floki :P )

Separatist (FIN):
ZOMG, next time I want to be hit by a train I will call you guys :D . Good teamwork and coordinated attacks from your side.

UN
Sorry didn't notice 2 of you :D

Civilians:
Waffelke, a true roleplayer

Regarding FOX mechanised company:
In my opinion we did some missions with too many vehicles. It was my first time in a mechanised company and probably my last :( . Some of the missions we could execute with only a small scout car or quad and vehicles could be used to transport other companies to or from frontlines. Instead whole company was sent out, wasting time, fuel and energy. I don't know it that was HQ or coy CO decision but I must write my opinion.

I would suggest to Berget Events to put their own drivers (and rotate them in shifts) behind the wheels and provide dropoff and pickup service for all companies inside NATO for instance.

As did the others I will also give you my view of positive and negative stuff from B6(as i saw it)

Positive stuff:

- Logistics were much improved over B5
- Chrono – I had no issues with it, it was done as I expected it (big bucket of 0,2 bb's with 3-4 chronos) …my PTW chronoed at 127m/s (class2) with bucket BB's if someone is interested
- Running water and showers in base (hot water tnx to Timo(?)) – perhaps one or two more water taps would be nice.
- Toilets – we had them
- Tents – I liked them (for 12 ppl max imo)
- NATO base – true feel of NATO with all the nationalities
- Good company and atmosphere (atlest as I saw it)
- HQ – meetings, briefings, … it felt real
- Fairplay – I whitnesed only one incident of a person not taking hits durring whole event. Headshot corrected that in a jiffy.
- Good enemy (FIN, RUS, FR, SK,…)
- Only minor bending of rules regarding medic rules (bleedout was sometimes less then 10min,..no biggie)
- Foxtrot company – teamwork, COMM, similar playstyle,..
- Weather
- Slovak guys (Mercs),..allways trying to capture/kill me :lol:
- Frik our driver!!

Negative stuff:

- THE map,..zomg!!
- Beerparty food… what the hell was that??
- expensive shops in the safezone (1 bag of 0,28 guarder bb's was 14€!!)
- Not enough missions to keep the guys occupied
- Some missions were: chasing ghosts in the woods
- Not enough tents
- Truck drivers should be BE crew – we did way too many taxi services and my driver was dead from all that driving
- Big mission with tanks and stuff on a public road in a middle of the afternoon (a big no-no) and gameOFF for that reason (one of the biggest flop of B6 IMO)
- Ambush by red troops on our convoy on a north public road (orders came from the top, they say) while there were civilians walking and driving by
- There was no opening speech and explanation of rules for the crowd before the event.
- my compas was f*cked up :o and my carry light carry all ciras was not light :)

Thats all for now. See you all next year in B7 or some other international event.

Deki, FOX-2

Out!
B5 Vasiliy Coy - Platoon leader
B6 NATO - Foxtrot Two Platon Leader
B7 ORC - Section leader
B8 Poldavian 3rd Mountain QRF
B9 my son was born
B10 Poldavian 15th sappers 1st Platoon Leader

Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia