SRP Feedback

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Ukkolzi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkolzi » 02 Jul 2008, 13:49

Alberto:
That was probably one of the coolest fights in the game. One couldn't really even crouch without getting one in the head, so we mostly had to lay low and crawl everywhere. Your MG really was badass, and I found the gun on your side that shot some 400-500 rpm pretty cool, *ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta*. :D Everybody was low on ammo because of the intense shooting, and I almost ran out of bandages. Getting to the wounded players was always an adventure in itself, I would have crawled lower but my jacket buttons were in the way. x)

If we hadn't had a shitload of medics there, you probably would have creamed us for good.

Alberto
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Alberto » 02 Jul 2008, 15:02

Ukkolzi wrote:Alberto:
That was probably one of the coolest fights in the game. One couldn't really even crouch without getting one in the head, so we mostly had to lay low and crawl everywhere. Your MG really was badass, and I found the gun on your side that shot some 400-500 rpm pretty cool, *ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta*. :D Everybody was low on ammo because of the intense shooting, and I almost ran out of bandages. Getting to the wounded players was always an adventure in itself, I would have crawled lower but my jacket buttons were in the way. x)

If we hadn't had a shitload of medics there, you probably would have creamed us for good.
Gen. Conrad's order to protect oilfileds at any cost was a suicide mission for our company from tactical point of view. So close to SRP base with limited amounts of ammo and medics, so far from our respawn point we had no chances to survive for longer period of time. But from skirmish point of view it was real fun:-)
www.usmc.lt
Berget 6 - Gen. Conrad's Mercenaries
Berget 9 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 2nd coy, 6pl. 2nd sq.

Ukkolzi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkolzi » 03 Jul 2008, 12:52

Alberto:
You were still dug in pretty deep, we needed some reinforcements in the form of the 1st squad led by our crazy sergeant Nyström to drive you out as our initial forces were taking heavy casualties. We could hold the ground but advancing was pretty much impossible. Even if you were doomed anyway, yeah, as a skirmish, it was bloody great. I just hope more people on all sides would understand to take the game a bit less seriously (in a way not resort to intentional name calling and bad behavior). We are after all supposed to have fun, right?

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 04 Jul 2008, 15:44

I just want to say a big thank you from 1st Platoon India Company for the memorable battle at the crossroads on the Friday afternoon.

It was definately the hilight of the event for my guys and it was great fighting alongside the SRP.

I would like to apologise to the SRP player that suggested setting up a snap ambush to kill the 5 reds that wanted safe passage along your road. If my attitude was off then I am sorry, I can only put it down to the fact that I was in the "zone". I was on a mission and nothing was going to steer me away from my job at hand. Plus I did not want to expose my platoon to unnecessary risk. This was the general attitude of my platoon through out the event, was were determined that we were not going to take any casualties.

But that aside, it was a battle to remember, so thanks again.

By the way; I had negotiations with your leadership the day before to arrange safe passage in order to collect one of my sections and get them back to teh NATO base. On the walk up the hill I was very impressed by your multi-layered defences. I am bloody glad NATO did not have to attack the SRP base!

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by meathead » 04 Jul 2008, 15:52

Gen. Conrad's order to protect oilfileds at any cost was a suicide mission for our company from tactical point of view. So close to SRP base with limited amounts of ammo and medics, so far from our respawn point we had no chances to survive for longer period of time. But from skirmish point of view it was real fun:-)
The order was given with the order om reinforce your positions. 40 soldiers went out 5 min after your order to hold, to reinforce Lynx Coy.

/Meathead[/quote]
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 04 Jul 2008, 15:53

I don't recall us building any defenses :P I just saw some "foxholes" here and there. The most fortified position was actually on top of the "bunker" at the crossroads.

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 04 Jul 2008, 15:57

It was not so much the physical defences, it was just the constant presence of SRP forces in the woods overlooking the track all the time we were walking up the road.

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 04 Jul 2008, 16:02

wormbyte wrote:It was not so much the physical defences, it was just the constant presence of SRP forces in the woods overlooking the track all the time we were walking up the road.
Spot on. We were " sitting ducks " on that road. ;-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 04 Jul 2008, 16:11

Cpt wrote:I don't recall us building any defenses :P I just saw some "foxholes" here and there. The most fortified position was actually on top of the "bunker" at the crossroads.
We had good defensive positions digged in the woods. The fortifying on top of the bunker was made by my squads gunner and medic. It was later more fortified by some other squads, but the grounds were built by us.

We also had built spotting positions (nearly invisible if you did not know where they were) that overlooked the whole road and provided a safe and invisible path back to camp. These were supposed to be used if defenses were withdrawn from the crossing, but we always had some guys posted in the crossing

Olli
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Olli » 04 Jul 2008, 17:19

Here's a word from the SRP commander.

First of all BIG salute to all SRP figters. Brilliant job guys! Every platoon did their jobs and followed the orders. Men like these made commanders job much much easier. I'm proud that I had an chance to lead team like this. Also thanks for the whiskey boys. I'll raise a toast for every SRP fighters (that'll be 150 toasts :D )

Here's some credits:

Commandsquad:
Mikko, Osku, Juho, Juha and Sami. We wouldn't make it with out you guys. Mikko outstanding job as a XO. You were strong leader during the whole game. Hope to see you commanding men in future. Juho great job with the ambush and the sandbox. Osku, Juha and Sami great consulting and advicing during the whole game. We truly rock together!

Hammer platoon and platoonleader Vuorikari:
You guys are getting better and better every year. Good job with the oil wells and digging down and up the missile. Vuorikari: Keep leading your guys in future. You really know how to hand your men. Keep up the good work! Special credits for Henri (Hrotten) for helping me out with the Finnish travels to the game. I owe you one man!

Snake platoon and Windi:
We have played many many times together and you guys won't let me down. Even someone said, that some of you felt little bit untrusted during the game, I guarantee that I have full confidence on you guys. I wouldn't have ordered you to plan the ambush if I wouldn't trust you 100%. Windi: I've played with you many years and I know your abilities. Your your leadshipskills have developed much from last year. Hope to see you again as a platoon leader.

Fox platoon and Lexa:
Good job everyone. Your platoon was trustworthy again. You all have played so long together, that I don't have to tell you what to do. You allready are on the job. I'm sorry that couple of guys didn't have enough action during the game. I tried to give enough missions and firefights for all, but couple of guys just had really bad luck with the fights and they missed them. Still you did your part and didn't let me down. See you next year! Lexa: Thank you for organizing the car convoy from Finland and keeping the platoon up during the game. Hope to see you also in future.

Dog platoon and Taxi:
I haven't played with you before and you really surprised me. Squads didn't fall apart and squadleaders truly did their job. I had full confidence on you guys during the whole day. Taxi: you were great platoon leader. Hope to have you under my command again!

Rat platoon and Gravewind:
You guys were the right men for the job. Your intel kept the other platoons informed and prepaired for the enemy. This intelplatoon was new thing for me in airsoft. Lets evolve this even more in future. Gravewind: You were the right guy to lead these men. See you in games at Finland in the future!

I'll write more comments later on!

-Olli-
SRP
Commander
Olli Vesakoski
B5 FFF commander
B6 SRP commader
B7 SRP commander
B8 Poldovian 1st Link Officer
B9 Zansian commander Z01
B11 GCT taking down the Iron Wall
B12 Yuri Orlov's angry mob
B15 FinBat commader
B17 GFM men with green faces

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 04 Jul 2008, 18:41

Wormbyte it was me who suggested you take out the reds passing trough our area. I know you were "in the zone" so a negative answer from you was pretty much expected, cuz it was exactly what you said it'd be, a fun shooting and one shouldn't risk the mission at hand with such activities. We just thought it would have been a "fun" surprise to mercs expecting full cooperation from our side to get blown to hell by NATO forces.

Anyway we wiped them out, I guess it was pretty unfair against them to first take their money but we had to make a statement right there that we no longer wanted to be friends with Conrad. Besides there were no own casualties for us so all it was was a shovel in their faces that said "get the heck out of here".

I already thanked you in the NATO debrief thread for that afternoon of cooperation and it's all said. You were a great sport and you gave me the impression you really enjoy getting into that certain state of mind when playing. Admirable.

About the defences, we pretty much have to thank hammer platoon for fortifying our lines of defence(they were the only ones with shovels) all over the area of operation. Nice job!
Also because we were so few, the only effective way to defend an area is to pretty much just nib the enemy along the way and then make a last stand at a certain point when they're the weakest. Worked fine and I never felt we were being overrun at any time, even if we were completely outnumbered(a very difficult word for me to say, it's not really a part of my vocabulary :D).
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 04 Jul 2008, 18:55

Thats cool, I am glad you understood where I was coming from. I did feel a bit bad about it afterwards, but part of me was also thinking "f*ck it", as it was only roleplaying and it all kept the game feeling realistic.

I have to say that the defensive positions on the bunker were excellent! Could you imagine placing a platoon in there and having to defend it to the last man. Would have been a true "Rorkes Drift" situation...a mere 30 men battling against the onslaught of hundreds.... :D

Well I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for a great afternoon, it was a joy playing alongside you guys.

See you all next year.... :)

Pahapaavali
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Pahapaavali » 07 Jul 2008, 15:10

Suggestion:
It would be nice if everyone would post their pic/video links to salosoft-forum. By doing so all SRP photos would be in the same place and no need to go through all those posts in "Berget media".
.:FFOIF:.