Berget Radios

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
-Cougar
Corporal
Corporal

Berget Radios

Post by -Cougar » 05 Jul 2008, 12:50

Hi,

can somebody tell me the name and brand of the radios provided by the berget crew this year?

Thank you very much ;)

-Cougar
>> Einheit45

grym-adam4
Newbee
Newbee

Post by grym-adam4 » 05 Jul 2008, 17:54

think it was motrola gp 340

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 05 Jul 2008, 17:55

No, it most deff. wasnt Motorola. I cant remember the name, but Im dead sure it wasnt Motorola.

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 05 Jul 2008, 18:21

The name was not motorola on the actual radio but I have to say that they were a dead ringer for the motorola gp340.

They looked almost identical to the radios I used at TA3.

Igby
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Igby » 05 Jul 2008, 20:49

I think it was Kirisun
B5-10

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 05 Jul 2008, 21:48

Kirisun PT4200 series.
This space intentionally left blank

-Cougar
Corporal
Corporal

Post by -Cougar » 05 Jul 2008, 22:59

Ok, so maybe this one : KIRISUN PT-558 ? Image

I lost one of these radios. The Berget-Crew wanted 500€ (!) fpr one radio.

Have a look:
http://funkhandel.com/product_info.php? ... 2f8b133e4c

159€

Later we luckily found the radio..but battery was still missing.

Just for a used battery they wanted 50€. You can get a new one for only 35€

I can't understand how the crew can do that to the people, that traveled round about 4000km to be part of their game, which they did not organize very well (i don't mention the beer party).

Imagine we would not have found the radio...500€ just like that...
>> Einheit45

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 05 Jul 2008, 23:38

-Cougar wrote:Ok, so maybe this one : KIRISUN PT-558 ? Image

I lost one of these radios. The Berget-Crew wanted 500€ (!) fpr one radio.

Have a look:

159€

Later we luckily found the radio..but battery was still missing.

Just for a used battery they wanted 50€. You can get a new one for only 35€

I can't understand how the crew can do that to the people, that traveled round about 4000km to be part of their game, which they did not organize very well (i don't mention the beer party).

Imagine we would not have found the radio...500€ just like that...
The crew rent the radios, so possibly this is what the rental company is charging them?
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by [JH]crazydog » 06 Jul 2008, 11:42

Ask if you can buy a akku and send them to crew i think they will refound the money you paid. but ask before doing.

They where charged with the prices from the company where they rent the radio.
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Spof » 06 Jul 2008, 12:01

-Cougar:

You are not seeing the reality here. Ofcourse they will try to earn a extra $ when we are loosing radios. The renting company will also bill rent for the days the radio is not at their place, they will also bill for extra administration of remarking/programming it.

For example, if the radio is gone for two weeks extra you will have to pay over 100 EURO more.

After Berget 5, Berget-events had to pay over 3 700 EURO for lost radios that players did not returned.

If you keep track of your stuff, this won't be a problem.
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 06 Jul 2008, 12:16

The radio's I use at my event (the motorola equivilant) cost around £350 to replace, I know because one was lost at TA2. The radio's I used at Phoenix Rising were the latest in digital radios and they cost £400 for replacements. These prices are what the rental companies charge. Sure you can buy cheaper but that is not how the rental companies work.

I have had batteries go missing at previous events and they have cost £50 to replace.

At my last event two headsets went missing, two to be precise and I was charged £110 to replace them.

Bottom line, they are damn good radios and add a great deal to the event, as communications in an event like Berget is key, but they do come with a price.

I for one certainly hope the berget crew will be hiring the same type of radio next year. But I also hope they supply headsets or ear pieces with them as well as many of my missions were of the covert variety and creeping about with the radio on made things difficult.

That's just my opinion.

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 06 Jul 2008, 12:30

While we're discussing radios, the monophones/mics were crap... Clips broke off the mic on a regular basis, so there's optimisation potential for next year.

Also, please try to inform us on frequencies for B7 by latest May 09 or so, so we can reprogram our own radios.

Apart from that, these radios were great, i could keep connection from NATO base with our units at and around SRP base with ease. Also battery life was good, i don't think anyone from NATO CO's ran out of battery ever. They did change their packs each once during the event though.

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 06 Jul 2008, 21:44

Why not take some kind of pawn (pant) when you loan the radios?
Like say, make a player deposit 20-50eur when he recieves the radio, and refund him the money when he returns the radio. Problem solved, right?

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 06 Jul 2008, 22:28

I dont know if renting radios is such a problem and extra costs for berget-events, no idea about the economy, but there is cheap (about 60€) mil-std radios in forged aluminium housing that can be bought in bulk. Might be an option for future berget events to buy their own? Sure there will still be costs and problems, but it will limit big extra costs to renting companies due to players fail to return radios, the radio will still have to be replaced but it will be cheaper for Berget-events. Programming 60 radios or more takes a few hours, and battery charging will be a slight hassle, but you still have it as is. A crew in each base with a lockbox could probably make radio battery charging a lesser problem logistically.

A deposit probably still is a good thing. Many people aren't careful enough and dont keep equipment or gameprops safe and secure in games.
This space intentionally left blank

timpa
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by timpa » 07 Jul 2008, 00:54

atlaz wrote:Why not take some kind of pawn (pant) when you loan the radios?
Like say, make a player deposit 20-50eur when he recieves the radio, and refund him the money when he returns the radio. Problem solved, right?
Players renting radios did in fact deposit their passports this year.
Berget-Events webmaster and tech support.