Did you get the epidemic cold at B6?

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 16 Jul 2008, 09:07

I got the cold on monday after berget. Now, after two weeks it's gone, no medication required. I did not stay home from work, cause all the symptoms i hade were a serious cough and a snorly nose.

Deki_AKS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Deki_AKS » 16 Jul 2008, 14:13

i can confirm 2 people got it in NATO FOX-2. I was all f*cked up the day after the event and so was Frik (truck driver). Took some pills from our medic (real pills, no 2min healing :) ) and i was OK i guess.

I presume it was from driving with the trucks all the time, so next year i walk :D

I had a nasty cough for a week after that,..but nothing serious.
B5 Vasiliy Coy - Platoon leader
B6 NATO - Foxtrot Two Platon Leader
B7 ORC - Section leader
B8 Poldavian 3rd Mountain QRF
B9 my son was born
B10 Poldavian 15th sappers 1st Platoon Leader

Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 17 Jul 2008, 02:40

Deki_AKS wrote:i can confirm 2 people got it in NATO FOX-2. I was all f*cked up the day after the event and so was Frik (truck driver). Took some pills from our medic (real pills, no 2min healing :) ) and i was OK i guess.

I presume it was from driving with the trucks all the time, so next year i walk :D

I had a nasty cough for a week after that,..but nothing serious.
You poor little boys, and i thought you were tough guys ;)
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

KoTT
Private
Private

Post by KoTT » 17 Jul 2008, 14:52

I did have some symptoms of beginning cold (e.g. sore throat etc) during the first night, but two anti-cold pills sorted that out for me. And I suspect that's not from the weather itself, but from driving 500km from Stockholm with open windows and air conditioner on (yes I am dumb and enjoy it :D)
Ghost Recon

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 21 Jul 2008, 14:27

Kartoon wrote: My opinion: People get sick. If you have to be away from work and there is no coverage for sickness(so you don't get payed for your sick leave) then too bad, you could've got sick at home as well.
No problems. I'll be back next year, but then I hope we can sleep in a colder tent with better air circulation than this years clammy experience.

And we still get paid when forced on sick-leave - so no complaints from me there either. What's more serious is that I'm still having a cough three weeks after Berget and I need my voice for functioning at work.
But heck, Berget was for me a good experience anyhow. It was worth it. :-)
Kartoon wrote:On a side note, as I told you I was sick coming to the event and I left it there, maybe you got it from me? :P
I'll keep that in mind ;-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog