Berget 6 - Report

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
R!PP3R

Berget 6 - Report

Post by R!PP3R » 04 Aug 2008, 17:44

... the german version:

http://blowback.de/board/thread.php?threadid=34435

... the english version:

http://blowback.de/board/thread.php?threadid=34881

... have fun reading it. :D

Lynx
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

0_o

Post by Lynx » 04 Aug 2008, 19:10

Hello, friends!

Well, I'm still writing our "special thanks" for Mercs, NATO, SRP and other comrades for nice playing and interoperability on B6. Just I would like to know what does it mean in this Report -

"We know that some guys from the other party made better experiences but we would not recommend to go to Berget Events. One can see other nice places on earth for less money and nothing more this event was worth for, except the very positive fact to have met other people".

"other party" - what do you actually mean?
B 5 - VDV officer
B 6 - Mercs Charlie Coy Commander
B 7 - Mercs Batallion Commander
B 8 - Instructor of milsim squads for this game.
B 9 - Berget Crew volunteer
B 10 - ?

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 04 Aug 2008, 20:39

Pretty much narrow-viewed review, I am sorry it didn't work out for you guys. Have fun wherever it is the grass is greener :wink:

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 04 Aug 2008, 23:07

Wow, that was a lot of text...

After skimming it through it seems you guys fell through the cracks..
However, a game is only as good as you make it yourself..
"War" isn´t fought from a silver platter on a schedule.
It´s clear Berget is not for you guys.
It demands more patiens and initiative....

Ive been at Berget with zero vehicle support marching 8h for 5min of combat...
Berget is not Mil-sim nor has it ever been.
In combat at these events chain of command usually breaks down a little as it would in reality. There can not be enough personnel to keep this up because nobody wants the boring clerk assignments to keep up with all details.
Missions that never "happen" are not unusual because the game plan is fluid.

In a big game like this one must be prepared for boredom as well as inoncistancies.
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 05 Aug 2008, 00:41

"What striked us already about the plan was that one platoon, which was Foxtrott, wasn't up to do base defense duty even once."

FOX-2 was doing base defense duty on the 3rd game day, and I'm pretty sure that FOX-3 and the rest did the same at some point... Foxtrot also spent 3-5 hours waiting for missions in the camp just like any other teams... Our FOX-2 drivers (Frik and Iceman) spent hours transporting other teams, while we sat at the base.

And since there are always two sides of the story, here is a little extra:

On the evening of the 3rd game day my gf called me from a camping site near Harnösand where she was staying for the night. (She was trekking around the area for the duration of the game.) She told me that the camping is full of german players and some of these guys started shooting airsoft guns with little respect to the safety/privacy of other guests.

I can understand the frustration of feeling left out of the game, but irresponsible acts like this will give bad rep to our beloved hobby/sport... Please note the concerned, I can give the name and location of the said camping, if needed.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

STUNTMAN
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by STUNTMAN » 05 Aug 2008, 01:26

Let me say one small thing.. from the begeinning, when i start playing Berget games (5 and 6) i was from Mechanized brigade... the word mechanized means something to you?

Yes... mechanized, means a moveble coy, using cars, trucks, buggys, 4x4 powered motors veichles.

Last year, there was like you, a coy who only made theyr job... to protect the base, and the done a fantastic job!

Is someone once told me, each monkey ont his branch tree!

So... Special Operations... left alone on the field.
Recon... go and recon.
Infantary... go and destroy hard.
Mech Brigade... pick up the trucks and patrol, exctract and hepl
PM... protecting the base.

so, what did'nt you understand?

Your job was to protect the base... our to patrol and help!

No... i was FOX 3... and i was sad when they told me that some players made a block and don't let some trucks because they want to play also like Mech brigade.

I said, kids with toys! Let them play also!

After you left the base to play like mech brigade, our base that you must protect, was strongly attacked by all flancs.

Once more, we had lots of action, while you tryed to play making our job!

My advice to you all... before you spent you time, read the rules, and choose your side... mine it's allways, Mechanized brigade and i know every berget that i'm gonna make that.

In the end, this is only a game!

STUNTMAN
BERGET VETERAN:

B5 - Allied Forces - Mech Brigd Echo Coy.
B6 - Nato Forces - Mech Brigd Foxtrot Coy
B7 - Nato Forces - Foxtrot Coy.
B8 - NAF 23rd - Foxtrot Coy
B9 - NAF 6th -Foxtrot Coy
B11 - GCT Taskforce SIDU - Foxtrot Coy

Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 05 Aug 2008, 07:56

@ Lynx

"other Partys " means Gen. Conrad .. i write a different report on a German Forum.

R!PP3R wasn`t very happy with the event .. but i an my guys were very happy and had a great time with you in our Merc camp.

But in B5 my first Berget game i feel nearly the same like Ripper...

see you next year :wink:

Lynx
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Lynx » 05 Aug 2008, 12:05

Hmmm... What I have to say for all: every "Berget" bring us a special person who screaming "We failed because bloody russians (finish, germans, norwegians - et cetera) did the milsim, cheating us" or something like that. "Oh, they was appear near our base at 9:06 am! Oh, they take a control under all territory! Oh, we have no idea how it's possible - to run under the rain for 5 kilometers with heavy airsoft weapons (!) and play without TV, coffee-mashine and Taxi-Berget for our luggage!".

Well, it's up to you, folks.

Don't forget - most of us are friends both side the borders. We - I mean russians - know the three main points of law in this game - Rules, Loyalty and Interoperability. This is not a war. If you can't arrange your people and command them - it does not that all your guys not a good players. If you didn't mark your position in the HQ as off-game place - wait for troops from "other side" who capture you or hit. If you... ah, never mind.

Anyway, just I would like to say: stop the angry. This is the game, this is the international events, and most of us are FRIENDS. Without any borders or language barriers.

This is my opinion.

Warmest greetings from us to all!
=)
B 5 - VDV officer
B 10 - ?

tomy
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by tomy » 05 Aug 2008, 22:47

well the review is a very funny one to me. I am happy that you did not like berget and you will not come anymore. Cos it is people just like you that degrade events like this... man expecting to get some kind of animation just like in a holiday resort, hehe, please go play your local games and nake it the way you like. After 3 Bergets, I have learned one thing: Only you can make the game good for you, noone else. I guess you want some Blackhawk down featuring Tears of the Sun event... PLEASE make one for 1200 people. please!!! I will be the first one to sign up.

sorry for being kinda in your face, I just dont like them whiny ass bungholes that complain in every other sentence.

STUNTMAN
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by STUNTMAN » 06 Aug 2008, 01:13

tomy wrote:...Only you can make the game good for you, noone else. ...
Tottaly agree!!!

STUNTMAN
BERGET VETERAN:

B5 - Allied Forces - Mech Brigd Echo Coy.
B6 - Nato Forces - Mech Brigd Foxtrot Coy
B7 - Nato Forces - Foxtrot Coy.
B8 - NAF 23rd - Foxtrot Coy
B9 - NAF 6th -Foxtrot Coy
B11 - GCT Taskforce SIDU - Foxtrot Coy

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 06 Aug 2008, 07:14

+1 Tommy

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 06 Aug 2008, 12:52

as i Said in my review, on gen conrad side, the first six hours of my game, I was staying on my waiting for an attack, but nothing

That's part of the game, russian do the same at they're time, finish, english, german etc.

Knowing that people say that the were having bad time because of russians make me sad, just because they managed to have more fun than the people yelling out ....

but I have some friend that attack 2 truck full of NATO, they were only three and they take a shot and have fun, samething when a french gen conrad platoon take out 7 car n' truck out

As me when I take my squad after 6 hours guard duty to take down an antenna to help french and russian there !

if you wait for fun ... you will wait for long !!!
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Lynx
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Lynx » 06 Aug 2008, 15:21

...next time go with russians and I promise you full activity as we did on this operation =)
B 5 - VDV officer
B 10 - ?

Deki_AKS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Deki_AKS » 06 Aug 2008, 21:13

one of the best Berget6 engagements for me was against russians, so now im confused either to fight with or against russians on Berget7 :D

greetings to all russian friends!

regarding garman/nato golf coy - i'm sorry to hear you guys had it so rough.

Deki
B5 Vasiliy Coy - Platoon leader
B6 NATO - Foxtrot Two Platon Leader
B7 ORC - Section leader
B8 Poldavian 3rd Mountain QRF
B9 my son was born
B10 Poldavian 15th sappers 1st Platoon Leader

Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 08 Aug 2008, 17:15

+1 Tomy. What a load of whine.

After reading this, I do owe a shout out to Ewok. He did help us out by driving at one point, and I thank him for that, however, he never mentioned his team wanting to also get a ride, or if he did, it was not communicated well enough for me to understand.

Without generalizing for the whole group who made up that company, You screwed up the game for yourselves, neither NATO command nor berget-events are to blame for your lack of enjoyment. People failed to listen, failed to take initiative and were not pro-active about joining the game with the rest of us. If you can't do those three simple things, and get in the spirit of trying to have a good time, then please, don't come again.

As an aside, no one other then those in Foxtrot know anything about the scope of what we were asked to do or did. We made a big effort to contribute to the game and we don't have to explain or justify that to anyone except berget-events and those higher up the food chain. So unless you part of that small group who does know, you have no idea what you are talking about and should just refrain from making yourself look like fools.
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.