Weather & clothing..

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 01 Apr 2011, 22:16

I.Kullberg wrote:
Robman wrote: - Small 1-day pack with 1-liter drinking bladder (Camelback). A 3-day pack is too large.
I think that only one litre is not enough. At B7 my 3 liter bladder was allways empty when i got a chance to resupply.
Same here. You will need a lot of water and salt.
As you sweat, you need to keep hydrated and keep the salt level up.

I also agree with Robman that you should test your equipment before attending to berget. See what works for you. And for gods sake, walk in your shoes. Nothing is worse then having hard and tight shoes when you are going to walk day in and day out for 4 days.

But if something should comes up in game and you are not prepared, you can always go off-game and walk back to base. There is nothing that can hold you out in the field except yourself.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 06 Apr 2011, 15:38

Dehydration and heatstroke creeps up like a B***H...

It is also the responsability of the commandchain to make sure troops are safe and healthy. As well as it is personal.-
However, once these conditions set in, the subject is rarely in a state of mind to be in selfcontrol.

-Watch over your buddies and teammates.

Ive personnally been involved in recovering dehydrated and heatsruck players at least once or twice every big summergame... :!:
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 06 Apr 2011, 15:55

Get electrolyte replacement tablets or sports drink concentrate especially if you are prone to cramping. Pure water is not enough if you sweat a lot and in some cases can even flush away minerals.

You can take your pick: put non-sugar electrolyte tablets in your camelbak, carry a canteen with strong sports drink like Gatorade in addition to pure water or have some glucose/electrolyte gel packets in your pocket.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.