Don't be the jackass of Berget games!

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 18 May 2011, 10:36

Ober-Lix wrote:Shooting at someonce head or face is alowed in Sweden ??? :shock:
I would like that officially confirmed !

Under these circumstances you are inviting injury unless you are wearing a full face mask. Is that in the spirit of airsoft in Sweden ? :?
The Spirit of airsoft in sweden say you´ll never shoot in the head, but there is no LAW against it.
Also the spirit say, if you only show your nose (repeated times)... You´re a chicken and will hurt your nose!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

ron the slayer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ron the slayer » 18 May 2011, 11:05

skinner wrote:Gentlemen, a citation from the Rules, just in case:
For all weapons and ranges, head shots should be avoided as far as possible except where no other target is available.
and that says it all
end of discussion ! :P
Berget 5 :Spetsnaz
Berget 8 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 9 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: 3rd Mountaineers (obvious)

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 18 May 2011, 15:03

ron the slayer wrote:
skinner wrote:Gentlemen, a citation from the Rules, just in case:
except where no other target is available.[ :P
No other target ? This is a game for heavens sake ! :evil:
Remember your face is soft tissue and can be easy damaged by being hit with BBs.
I don´t suppose you have ever seen what BBs can do to someonce face.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

ron the slayer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ron the slayer » 18 May 2011, 15:07

Ober-Lix wrote:
ron the slayer wrote:
skinner wrote:Gentlemen, a citation from the Rules, just in case: No other target ? This is a game for heavens sake ! :evil:
I don´t suppose you have ever seen what BBs can do to someonce face.
yes i do
what do you suggest then ? Call pang from 20 mtrs ?
As i can see, you are the only one who's making a big deal out of it :P
Berget 5 :Spetsnaz
Berget 8 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 9 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: 3rd Mountaineers (obvious)

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 18 May 2011, 16:26

Ober-Lix wrote:Shooting at someonce head or face is alowed in Sweden ??? :shock: I would like that officially confirmed !
Is this a joke, right?
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 18 May 2011, 16:32

Trasher-HU wrote:
Ober-Lix wrote:Shooting at someonce head or face is alowed in Sweden ??? :shock: I would like that officially confirmed !
Is this a joke, right?
I agree with Ron here. If nothing else can be seen but the face, you can shoot at it. I've been shot in the face many times and no scars are left.
Don't shoot the face from point blanc, I agree, for yes, it COULD damage the skin permantently or the BB can get stuck in the skin as one player from Belgium can confirm.

Headshots are not the first thing to do and should be avoided as much as possible, but if the situation calls for nothing else possible... Do it.
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 18 May 2011, 17:15

Look, it's neither endorsed or suggested that you delibirately aim for the head.
BUT should an opponent only stick out his/hear head then he or she is making that choice and knows the risks. If that person does not want BBs to strike the facial area (well, at least wants to minimize the risk of that happening) then you pop up more than just your head from cover.

Airsofting in Sweden is, in my opinion, aimed towards the same fun and goofing around that you see in many other places around the globe, it's all about having fun in the end. And no one likes getting hit in the face so headshots are never striven for, but they do occur (under various circumstances). All the players can do is minimize the risk of that happening.

And yes Ober, I've been on the receiving end of hailstorms of BBs to the face on multiple occasions, I've also been lucky enough only to have gotten the normal BB sting instead of any actual injury of any kind. But I've always simply taken it as a part of our hobby, shrugged it off and moved on.

Now if someone had blasted me point blank in the face or disregarded safety distances then it's a different matter. Or if someone's had my entire body to shoot at and still aim at the face then we'll have a problem, but as long as no one intends harm or just doesn't give a crap about others safety all headshots are for any and all purposes simply either accidents or the occasional occurrence in our hobby where we accept that risk/chance/whatever you wanna call it.

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 18 May 2011, 17:15

Don't make this bigger!
There's no law against headshot in sweden, but we don't like it!
I don't like shooting other faces, and i don't like people taking advantage of that!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Ilstad
Private
Private

Post by Ilstad » 19 May 2011, 23:16

Two things.

Frist:
If a pirson is hiding bihind a buch or somthing, the only thing he will show you is the wepon and the head to aim. So if he's laying ther and fire at you, you have to shot back. You can't yous lay there and whait intill he dicides to move?
But if you se another body part you'll shot after that. And thats an unwritten gentelans rule.

Second:
And airsoft gun shoots BB's and thats difficult to contoll in the air, so if you aim at a pirsons chest, its normal that one or mayby tow BB's hits hes face, because in a BB is'nt that accurat.

To sum up.
You don't aim at somones face, if you se another body part. And you don't get angry of somone shoots you in the head. I personally excuse myself to a person if I hit him in the head.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 20 May 2011, 00:04

I can guarantee you all that one or more players WILL get hit in the face during the game.
With 1000+ players it's unavoidable. It will happen, and it will happen multiple times.

So for God's sake please wear your glasses at all times!
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Bulldog-IL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bulldog-IL » 20 May 2011, 20:27

How to simple it up:
Aim for the body if possible, it's much bigger then the head.
Try to shot in short bursts or in semi, you will conserve on ammo and will be able to see and more important to hear if the other guy has been hit.
Omer

I.Kullberg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by I.Kullberg » 21 May 2011, 23:44

Anybody who decides not to use full face mask has decided to take the risk of painful headshot. I use only goggles and I have taken many painful (and bloody) hits in my airsoft career but taking them is my decision and I don't ever blame the shooter.
B7 SRP engineer
B9 in the Firm/Zansian Black Ops L04/Petro T of Avalon Minerals LTD
B11 GCT HVIU operator/Mineral guy from Avalon Minerals with a suit/Amnesty International guy
B12 GCT IU operator/Shoe polisher guy/Sniper in the tree
B14 NAF B-coy 3rd platoon leader
B15 NAF regular ranger
B16 UPIR ?

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 22 May 2011, 03:06

I.Kullberg wrote:Anybody who decides not to use full face mask has decided to take the risk of painful headshot. I use only goggles and I have taken many painful (and bloody) hits in my airsoft career but taking them is my decision and I don't ever blame the shooter.
Of course, I'm pretty sure everyone attending an event like berget knows & understands that. Except that doesn't mean you (as the shooter) shouldn't try to avoid injuring another player. :?

Toetach
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Toetach » 22 May 2011, 15:18

It also depends on the distance. If I see someone's head comming from behind a bush on more than 15 meters and i don't see another part of his body i make the shot.
If someones head pokes up in front of me at short distance i dont fire. He cannot hit me with his eyes or something so when his weapon comes out to shoot i'll aim at his arm. Ofcourse in the heat of the battle everyone gets hit in the face once in a while but like everyone understands: Dont be triggerhappy. The guy on the other end of your gun is not a real enemy.
Use common sense.
Berget 8: 3th Poldavian mountaineers
-Kicked NAF butt...-
Berget 9 3th Poldavian mountaineers.

Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Spof » 24 Oct 2011, 16:29

A big kick to the balls on the guys that shot at the light bulbs at lightpoles around the running track and NAF base costing as a nice amount of 4000 Euro to replace.

That was the F***ing jackasses of Berget 9.
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."