Know your water-level

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 09 Nov 2009, 11:50

Shadow wrote:If you wait until you are thirsty to drink, it's too late. Dehydration symptoms follows very fast.
I didn't mean thirsty as in parched and dry mouth, but as in "when I feel like drinking", because people know when they need to eat and drink, even without the extreme signs such as headache.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 09 Nov 2009, 13:31

Actually, no. Not really. At least not me as I mentioned. I know that I'm very bad at drinking water and thus I must actively drink more then I feel for. So I would say that it won't kill you to drink two mouthfulls more then you feel for, and try to drink two mouthfulls every now and then even if you don't feel like it.

To say "Drink half a litre/hour" would be hypocritical of me since I might drink that amount in about three hours (all depends, but you get my drift).
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 09 Nov 2009, 17:01

I hear you Eldoriath. I have to make myself drink sometimes and make a classic rookie mistake at Berget 7 even though I have been doing this sort of thing for years. I was worried about running out of water out on the field the first day so "conserved" my water to the point I almost passed out. I was feeling really light headed and sick to my stomache. Worse yet was how I felt the next day...doh! :oops:

Just be smart and drink plenty of water. :wink:
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

Skies
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Skies » 27 Jan 2012, 23:25

I like to ad a pinch of salt to every litre of water, it doesnt change the taste and ist makes sure your body can bind the fluids\water. And a few electrolytes are always handy in your body :D and ive found that if you drink 300ml of water or tee before sleeping you dont get the typical dehydration headaches the next morning (happend to me on the sbg4 op in germany twice, because of the temperature of 30+ degrese even after drinking approx 6-7 liters per day) oh. yes and before i forget; keep your canteen/camelback full to.the brim, you never know how long it must last.

Maggie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Maggie » 02 Feb 2012, 23:37

Dont know if this is usefull or just silly, but when me and my mates are out on games (started with this perv. Berget) one of us would say "Drink" once every few min. when we heard this everyone took a sip of water just so everyone remembered to keep theire fluidlevel normal.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery
Berget 10, 15th sappers 2pl, 2sq
Cædpæt - Norway

Viralstrayne
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Viralstrayne » 03 Feb 2012, 04:28

if people have issues with the taste of water or just dont like drinking it get some orange squash dilute from a local store and use a little bit to give your water a flavor :lol:

I hate the taste of water myself but doing above really makes it easy to drink!
'If it is still twitching...it needs more bullets!'

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 03 Feb 2012, 04:55

What do you mean you dislike the taste of water? It tastes like sweet sweet victory and relief after hard fighting. :P
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Brambles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Brambles » 21 Feb 2012, 21:32

you know what they say about food & drink:

"Hunger/thrist is the best sauce" :P
B9 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Bravo 4
B10 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Archer 2
B12 - GCT Rangers, Bravo 2
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 4
B15 - NAF Infantry, Charlie 4
B17 - TBC