Dead/hit rag

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 05 Jul 2011, 02:53

Buffel wrote:One of the guys in our squad had a red rag rather than an orange one. Sure, he should have read the rules and brought an orange one. But some people were being absolute retards about it and made a point of keeping firing after he had the rag over his head and/or were being extremely rude about it.

Really, I understand that it may be confusing for an instant but I do not understand what all the aggro was needed for.
Yeah, uhm the way I see it the only people 'being [an] abslote retard' was the red-rag guy.

It's confusing as hell, not because it's not the regulation colour, but 'cause it's the same colour as the Polly armbands.

You're right that some people get excessivly aggro bout it, but I can very much see their ponit and that way people do learn.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

EagleDriver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by EagleDriver » 05 Jul 2011, 03:50

DutchWolf wrote:It's confusing as hell, not because it's not the regulation colour, but 'cause it's the same colour as the Polly armbands.
How could that be confusing? If it is on his head, he is dead. If it is on his arm he is a Poldavian. Even a color blind person could get that right.
B9 NAF, 3rd Ranger Btn, 2IC B4 Company
B10 NAF Guy who talks all day to the cute girls serving the food in base.

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 05 Jul 2011, 07:14

EagleDriver wrote:
DutchWolf wrote:It's confusing as hell, not because it's not the regulation colour, but 'cause it's the same colour as the Polly armbands.
How could that be confusing? If it is on his head, he is dead. If it is on his arm he is a Poldavian. Even a color blind person could get that right.
If I am in a firefight with Poldavians and see red through leaves, I will shoot at it (and actually did in Saturday fight at crossroads). There's no way that I will start guessing whether it might be a dead rag or not; the fact being that due to dense vegetation, most of the shooting in Härnösand area is at moving bushes, or at best at vague targets pointed to you by your teammates.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 08:23

Sure, but say that said shot person then starts ot wave his flag and yell out hit again you surely can't be misstaken.

I agree that you do need to follow the rules about what color to bring, but there's no need getting worked up over something. It's not like he/she was pretending to be a poldavian or anything.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 08:50

JKangas wrote:
EagleDriver wrote:
If I am in a firefight with Poldavians and see red through leaves, I will shoot at it (and actually did in Saturday fight at crossroads). There's no way that I will start guessing whether it might be a dead rag or not; the fact being that due to dense vegetation, most of the shooting in Härnösand area is at moving bushes, or at best at vague targets pointed to you by your teammates.
That I can completely understand. What I am talking about is Poldavian dead (with orange rags) with one Poldavian with a red rag on his head walking along a road in one group.

Heck, even with an orange rag there is a risk of still getting shot when in cover, simply because of suppressive fire. No complaints there.
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

Touko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Touko » 05 Jul 2011, 20:49

This was my third berget and every single year I've had to deal with:

1) Dead guys not wearing rags -> had to give up position by firing at ghosts
2) Dead red guys wearing red rags -> difficult to see if they're really down -> have sometimes hit dead people with rags
3) Dead guys moving in same group with living guys and/or unmarked dead guys -> you choose between either firing at the supposedly living ones and possibly hitting dead ones or accepting the risk that the living ones start fighting from better position (possibly from between their friends)

Now, problems 1 and 3 are mostly caused by laziness, tiredness, impoliteness and disregard for other players, and can be cured by more information and stricter rules. Not sure if worth it, since that would propably mean less effort put into other stuff.

Problem 2 could be cured with easily available dead rags of the right colour and/or stricter control of rag colour. Proper orange cloth wouldn't cost much in large amounts, so maybe worth looking into? Oh, and maybe you could get someone to sponsor dead rags with advertisement on them?
B7 - SRP / Tiger Coy / "Hammer" Plt / 2nd Sqd
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf Batt / 1st Coy / 3rd "Hammer" Plt Ldr
B9 - The Firm / Zanzian Black Ops "N02"
B10 - Zansia / 2nd Coy / Echo Plt Ldr E9

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 21:12

Jägermeister I'm sure would love to sponsor more events :P
Otherwise I'm sure monster energy could pull out a new orange-colored drink for BE...
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

ron the slayer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ron the slayer » 05 Jul 2011, 21:15

Buffel wrote:One of the guys in our squad had a red rag rather than an orange one. Sure, he should have read the rules and brought an orange one. But some people were being absolute retards about it and made a point of keeping firing after he had the rag over his head and/or were being extremely rude about it.

Really, I understand that it may be confusing for an instant but I do not understand what all the aggro was needed for.
tnx 2IC
that was me
the guy told me to go home when i told him i did not have another colour of deadrag
when i passed by i told him"even though this is a wargame, you can still talk normal to me"
he was a realy rude a**hole :evil:

and to dutchwolf : were you there ?
NO !!!
so do not bitch about it

dutchwolf wrote:
"It's confusing as hell, not because it's not the regulation colour, but 'cause it's the same colour as the Polly armbands. "
yes i always wear my armband on my head :lol:

it is like buffel told it, and the rag was on my head
better think first before you post stupid comments
:x
Berget 5 :Spetsnaz
Berget 8 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 9 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: 3rd Mountaineers (obvious)

Jin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jin » 05 Jul 2011, 21:36

Rules are rules,obey them or dont come simple is that.

I saw green death rags along with red one...people are you color-blind or just dont read rules of the game.
Also dont wear Light Green Death Vest's because BE GM use them

ORANGE people means ORANGE
Berget 8: 23nd NAF - Fox 5
Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st coy, 2nd PLTC
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers

Os
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Os » 05 Jul 2011, 21:47

Jin wrote:Rules are rules,obey them or dont come simple is that.

I
+1
Berget 6 Nato
Berget 7 nato
Berget 8 Poldavian 1st
Berget 9 Poldavian 1st Mec

Zoidberg
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zoidberg » 05 Jul 2011, 22:55

And if you don't know where to get one here is a great site where they go for under 6 € a piece, slightly cheaper if you buy 25 at a time.
http://www.icm-as.dk/product/advarselsv ... nge-m.aspx
Aksel Schmidt

B7: Yori Orlovs Mercs 2, 2
B8: NAF 23th, FOX 5
B9: UN MP
B10: Poldavian Psy-ops
B11:
B12:
B13: Ikaros Hades
B14: Upir psy-ops
B15: Upir Lawyer
B16: NAF SIU
B17: TFC MP

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 05 Jul 2011, 23:05

Orgoogle "Fluorescent orange hanker-chief"

ron the slayer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ron the slayer » 06 Jul 2011, 19:20

Jin wrote:Rules are rules,obey them or dont come simple is that.

I saw green death rags along with red one...people are you color-blind or just dont read rules of the game.
Also dont wear Light Green Death Vest's because BE GM use them

everybody can forget something
Berget 5 :Spetsnaz
Berget 8 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 9 : 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: 3rd Mountaineers (obvious)

Jin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jin » 06 Jul 2011, 19:24

Priority to not forget: