women in Berget..

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
blackwidow
Private
Private

women in Berget..

Post by blackwidow » 14 May 2012, 17:24

Hello, they call me the "Black Widow". I'm on an American Airsoft team that is strictly Mil-Sim trained and indoctrinated. Our game master, who owns the team is a former US Army Green Beret, so he teaches a short, not too intensive course called "RECONDO". (%th Special Forces - Vietnam).

Anyway, I'm kind of interested in the idea of the Berget-Events in Europe, even though we have Operation Lion Claws here in the States. So I thought I'd pose this question to any of you veterans, and the question I have is this.

Are there any female playing along with the men on all sides? And if they do, where do they sleep in the field, bathroom facilities/showers, is a small area set aside from the men, or do they all sleep together (European v. American cultural differences).

I'm 62 years of age, fairly active, and a former US Servicemember during the Vietnam conflict, and went through Desert Storm/Shield1 with the Air Force.

So I'm kind of interested in how females are actually working with the men - LOL.

Thanks,
Cam
Black Widow

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 14 May 2012, 17:45

Hi Cam,
having three girls in my team back home and having seen two of them through berget games so far, I could say there is no big difference in the game.
They share same tents and toilets, walk the same mileage and eat the same junk as men do. So no differences, really.

cheers,
Brujo
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Wandall
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Wandall » 14 May 2012, 17:45

Hi,

I've been in last 3 bergets (7/8/9) and I've seen 1, 2 or 3 female players while at the game. So my two s€nts are there's few females per berget game.

During berget 7 we had one female player on my side and what I recall she lived through the whole event with the rest of her team, sleeping in the same tent etc. But finnish women that are into airsoft are more likely to have "men? well if they've not seen a women before then it's there problem" mentality overall. This is only my own personal image I've received during my airsoft hobby (2006->) regarding all airsoft games I've been at.

In berget I've seen women of other nationalities too, but I do not know how they've felt about the utilities etc.

As a male player this is not such a concern to me personally but I hope berget crew is aware of this possible issue.

Please correct me if I've said something that is totally out of the blue. =)

EDIT:
Brujo summarised the point very well. =D
"One shot, One kill." "First to aid, last to die."

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 14 May 2012, 17:53

Yep, women are out there like the men, but if they wish a separate time table will be granted/instructed for separate washing/showering etc. As far as I know, they do sleep in the same tents, but that would be with their own teams.

Are you coming over to join us at the game? You wouldn't be the first US player around :P
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 14 May 2012, 19:35

In B8 we had a mighty fine female warrior in our group, no special treatments were set for her, she did the job like every other ranger did in B8. That time, we were stationed behind enemy lines so all we had was a self made field toilet, with a little cover to give at least some privacy. If I remember correctly, we had 2 females with our Bat. that year?

So I wouldn't count on getting more that that :oops:
if we do, well it's a damn luxury bonus! :D
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 14 May 2012, 21:55

I do not see any difference.

Women and men plays Berget on same terms.

People with spesific needs, male or not, talk to Berget Crew about it.

I see your age, not your gender.

Lots of roles for players your age :)

I am getting old myselfe. So I look for the role that fits me.

One nice thing with Berget is it so big you can deside for yourselfe how "hardcore" or not you will play.

What sort of role do you want?. Give an example :)
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

blackwidow
Private
Private

Females

Post by blackwidow » 15 May 2012, 00:44

I'm a 62 year old Filipino American female, grandmother to three grandchildren.

I"m not adverse to sleeping with the guys, but I guess being American kind of limits me to some degree; but I do adapt. Since I don't know how European males look upon women playing Airsoft, I was afraid I'd have a bunch of cranky, out of my face, male with an attitude problem..

Well if you don't mind a woman showering along with the males, I couldn't think of a fun way to spend two weeks (NOT THAT I"M LOOKING, plus I'm still married - LOL).

So if I do go, and play don't be surprised to see a 6-1 Filipino Female, who can curse and swear with the best of you guys, and still down MRE's with the best of you.....

Take care,

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 15 May 2012, 01:50

Haha, she thinks there's time to shower or change clothes in Berget. That's so sweet. :P
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 15 May 2012, 02:00

@blackwidow

Its a ticket lock down.

Since you are overseas y can ask Bergetcrew for a ticket if they have one left for you to pay.

Probably they do not even have time to answer you..

Regardless. If you make the trip you are wlcome :)

Again I ask you what role you want in the game. Grunt, staff, medic etc ?
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 15 May 2012, 10:17

@ blackwidow

the only one with an attitude problem is Rectunator
please know that as in any part of the world there will be sexist-bastards
and also so in the airsoft community, but the major part of us at berget are
ok guys!
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 15 May 2012, 11:18

Erm... sexism what? In the two zansian squads that formed our unit, only one guy found time to actually shower during the last game (and he did it at night during off-game when we were finally in base, sacrificing sleep) and going without showers caused no problems ingame. But I guess it's different in more casual units.

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 15 May 2012, 15:25

@ Rectunator
i did not mean that you are a sexist, but that there are sexist people on berget.

But i mean that you had kind of an attitude problem expressing yourself in the way you did:
Haha, she thinks there's time to shower or change clothes in Berget. That's so sweet. :P
if you did not mean to talk down to her then okay, my bad, I'm sorry. but the way you wrote it was like she being a not knowing. and just because you didn't shower does not mean that people in other units does not have time. if she
plays in C&C unit she will probably have time to shower since they are mostly in base.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 15 May 2012, 18:02

But that's a paradox! If she plays in a CnC-unit, she might not get sweaty in the big bad bush or going up and down the hills at all. And if she hasnt been to Berget before the she does not know, what's so strange about that? If she did, there wouldnt be any guestions. The point of your message and your lack of sense of humour confuses me.

The showers are a secondary luxury, as long as you keep your ass well wiped and buttocks greased, you're good to go. And I'm not saying this just to humour our Swedish hosts.

Wandall
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Wandall » 15 May 2012, 18:35

I think one of the things of this event, one of those little things which when combined make this game so spectacular for many, is that you do not shower during the event. At least is to me. =) Shower is a secondary luxury, just like Rectunator well said. "Ei se väärin oo." / "It ain't wrong." as we Finns say, but I'd leave shower to the trip back home. Besides if this would be a real war situation there wouldn't most likely be any possibility to shower anyways. ;)
"One shot, One kill." "First to aid, last to die."

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: women in Berget..

Post by Trasher-HU » 15 May 2012, 19:02

blackwidow wrote:Are there any female playing along with the men on all sides?

Yup, and generally they perform better and whine less than most of the girlie-men attending Berget. :lol:

B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL