Big expectations!!!

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 10 Sep 2012, 09:48

Waldo wrote:Lets hope the countdown on the Mainpage is not the BE self destruction :P
41 DAYS? O.o
They said more info in september! Rable! RABLE RABLE!
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 10 Sep 2012, 13:02

vinni wrote:
Waldo wrote:Lets hope the countdown on the Mainpage is not the BE self destruction :P
41 DAYS? O.o
You should know the BE scheduling by now, vinni :wink:
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 29 Sep 2012, 22:29

Waldo wrote:
vinni wrote:
41 DAYS? O.o
You should know the BE scheduling by now, vinni :wink:
true true, i just keep hoping they've changed :P
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Skies
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Skies » 01 Oct 2012, 11:07

Hi Guys! This was my first Berget and ma team and I tryed to heed the tips for a sucsessful bergetexperiance and you know what:Berget 10 was our best AS experiance ever! We arrived with few expectations but in high spirits. We had four straight days of hurring up an waiting, but our commanders (15 sapper) made sur we had enough and fun mission, we even had more than our fair share of action :D The most important experiance was the comeradery that we felt: working together with dudes from differant nations and the way they made us and other feel at home in the unit. A special thanks to the guys from UKAPU for the help with our geneator! All in all Berget is THE event for ASplayers who would like more than just Speedgaming. I think that rhe statment: ask not what berget can do for you, but what can you do for berget summorizes the level of fun you can have...A big thanks to all player and bergetcrew and we will deffinatly see you in june 2013.

kibba
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by kibba » 19 Oct 2012, 10:43

Skies wrote:Hi Guys! This was my first Berget and ma team and I tryed to heed the tips for a sucsessful bergetexperiance and you know what:Berget 10 was our best AS experiance ever! We arrived with few expectations but in high spirits. We had four straight days of hurring up an waiting, but our commanders (15 sapper) made sur we had enough and fun mission, we even had more than our fair share of action :D The most important experiance was the comeradery that we felt: working together with dudes from differant nations and the way they made us and other feel at home in the unit. A special thanks to the guys from UKAPU for the help with our geneator! All in all Berget is THE event for ASplayers who would like more than just Speedgaming. I think that rhe statment: ask not what berget can do for you, but what can you do for berget summorizes the level of fun you can have...A big thanks to all player and bergetcrew and we will deffinatly see you in june 2013.
+1 Mate :)
B10 NAF C&C Company Comander

No Sacrifice, No Glory

Static
Newbee
Newbee

Re: Big expectations!!!

Post by Static » 14 Feb 2013, 12:17

First berget I went to a friend with faaaar much more experience then me told me (exact words).
Berget is what you make it to be.
Berget 9 [NaF]
Berget 10[NaF]
Berget 11 [SFODU]

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 10 May 2013, 00:56

Well, this year I certainly am hoping that Berget steps it up a notch and provides something new for the players, atleast for those that chose a more special Milsim units. For me personally, Berget is becoming too expensive to just repeat performance. Yes of course, berget is what you make of it like all of your life, but why invest large amounts of money to something you are getting bored of? I think its responsibility of Berget Events to take it up a notch and up their game, since the price is going up every year anyway. It's not just entirely up to players to make the game, we are the customers here and BE should provide ample opportinities to do so.

There has been a few things that I could always have count on, every year of Berget:
- Mass battles in a scale you cant find anywhere else
- Rain
- Great spirit and efficient action of Finns
- Berget "terminators" and rumours of nasty incidents

Again, this is just my personal opinion but above facts might not be enough to keep me and my team coming back. We almost skipped this year, but then Berget promised somehing new. It's time for BE to make good on those promises. I will remain relatively optimistic until otherwise proven.
Last edited by Bersu on 10 May 2013, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 10 May 2013, 08:19

You can always do something new, for instance our team took a LARP roll this year.
I understand that you get bored of it when each time you join, you mass up with your fellow lands mates and all you get from it is just an other annual exercise.
For example, we haven't once joined the faction that ours where going to, hell we event try to avoid them as much as we can.
I like the change, new faces and meet new people from foreign countries.
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 10 May 2013, 14:07

Hazardous wrote:You can always do something new, for instance our team took a LARP roll this year.
I understand that you get bored of it when each time you join, you mass up with your fellow lands mates and all you get from it is just an other annual exercise.
For example, we haven't once joined the faction that ours where going to, hell we event try to avoid them as much as we can.
I like the change, new faces and meet new people from foreign countries.
You also then have never experienced the well led and functional corps of Finns. Not to brag and I dont know everything, but from my experience there is no other force I'd rather fight with when it comes to mass action and independent faction. It's nothing you can compare to the average scenario game back home. This might sound silly, but to me the feeling is something more like finnish national team in some world contest and the spirit often is similar. I know the berget is not a contest, so nobody get jumpy, but I could not figure a better word. Also, there is a great degree of trust and understanding shared between Finnish players playing together, that I have not found when co-operating with other forces.

I can understand the reasons for some of you (finns) to avoid other finns: Of course Berget is rich because of the variety of players. However I'd suggest you and everybody else who have not played with Finns experience it at some point. There is no guarantee that every year will be as glorious as some of those before, I know that first hand, but chances are its good. I think the actions of the past speak for themselves.

However for this year, even tough I'm playing somewhat closely with Finns, the setting is very different and we are more divided (almost 50-50 on each side of all Finns) and therefore more intermingled with other nations this year. That is the reason I'm expecting something new and more from BE than years before. In the past I've willingly accepted the mass action, altough Berget has also made it sound like it could be more special, but this year there is certainly room for something else. Hope for the best.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.}
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} » 05 Sep 2013, 15:04

Hello!
BE-2014 ?
Any news?
BERGET-10 Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
BERGET-11 Privatе Mining Company
BERGET-12 General Orlov PMC
BERGET-13 IKORP CERBER.RUS

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by NL_Lexxie » 06 Sep 2013, 10:04

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} wrote:Hello!
BE-2014 ?
Any news?
Take it easy buddy, it is only the 6th of september.
Knowing BE they will announce the new website somewhere towards the end of september.

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 15 Oct 2014, 11:12

In hindsight: Expect nothing and expect to make your own game and be self motivated. Do not expect to see any cool combat, do not expect to get any cool special missions, regardless of the unit.

Only thing everyone should expect, however, is rain and cold weather and get the appropriate sleeping and personal gear. Expect insects and prepare for them. Every year I have seen so many players quit because of rain, dont be that guy.

If thats not worth 100+ euros, stay home.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 15 Oct 2014, 11:26

Bersu wrote:In hindsight: Expect nothing and expect to make your own game and be self motivated. Do not expect to see any cool combat, do not expect to get any cool special missions, regardless of the unit.

Only thing everyone should expect, however, is rain and cold weather and get the appropriate sleeping and personal gear. Expect insects and prepare for them. Every year I have seen so many players quit because of rain, dont be that guy.

If thats not worth 100+ euros, stay home.
Very true...no such thing as bad weather only bad gear ;)

And luckily we were made waterproof as well. Make sure you have a change of socks (one a day I recommend) and a few spare t shirts and you'll be good to go. And never under estimate the value of good hot food, be it MREs or w/e if you keep your calorie intake at the same level as you're burning it you'll be fine.

Yes you'll be cold, yes you'll get wet, yes there will be downtime (although I never had any :) ) and yes there will be loads and loads of mosquitoes and midges, but that is what makes a Berget game so special and should be experienced by every airsoft enthusiast at least once!

Last year was my first Berget and was part of the GCT 9th Ranger, and those how were part of that unit will know it was definitively no picnic with a looooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggg march, full gear 1st night but goddamn that was fun!!

Plus we captured Rico ;) 8)
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.}
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} » 18 Oct 2015, 16:04

Big expectations BERGET 14, 2016 ...
:?: :?: :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol: :!: :?: :?: :idea: :idea: :?: :?:
18/10 we are ready!
BERGET-10 Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
BERGET-11 Privatе Mining Company
BERGET-12 General Orlov PMC
BERGET-13 IKORP CERBER.RUS

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 18 Oct 2015, 23:35

2335 and still no release, same damn story every goddamn year ...