Bypassing Germany and their laws on Airsoft Weapons

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Bypassing Germany and their laws on Airsoft Weapons

Post by Armalite5.56 » 07 Jun 2013, 11:31

Hi folks,

I have been in a bit of a dialemma about how to get to Berget this year as I dont want to fly so then I have to drive but then I dont want to go via Germany and as I live in the United Kingdom that then leaves the option of sending the weapons or taking a ferry. Now I thought the ferries between the UK and Sweden/Norway have all gone out of business but to my supprise I found that its possible to take veichles on the cargo ships with DFDS. Here is a page with all the routes:

http://freight.dfdsseaways.com/dfds_fer ... a_ferries/

I have now booked on the Immingham to Gothenburgh and back and it cost me for one person with a veichle £690 for the ferry all in which is expensive but it makes my life easier as I have to do much less driving overall and I can arrive rested and ready to go. Also I save a lot of money on fuel which makes up for it just about.

I hope this helps people in the future.

Regards

ArmaLite5.56
Berget 9 Poldovian Infantry
Berget 10 Poldovian Sappers
Berget 11 GCT SIDU
Berget 12 ....Booked....

D One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: Bypassing Germany and their laws on Airsoft Weapons

Post by D One » 07 Jun 2013, 14:29

Well. Me and Arradin are driving from Gothenburg. If you want to leave your car at home you could ride with us.
Last edited by D One on 07 Jun 2013, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 07 Jun 2013, 14:41

With that in mind, you could decide to fly to Gothenburg ( VERY Cheap via Ryanair ) and take a ride with us from there.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 08 Jun 2013, 08:29

Thank you for your kind offers but what about the guns? Perhaps I should have painted a more complete picture of my reasoning.

It's positively prohibitive cost wise to take them along when flying. In the UK they frown appon flying with airsoft guns and as far as i know SAS are the only company that will let you take them in the hold. Also SAS are charging €70!! per extra bag each way plus you might get stuck with a weapons inspection charge by airport security in the UK which just adds to the costs. I know it's cheap to fly with Ryan air but only if you bring yourself and nothing else.. I'm taking my guns plus 3 of my friends guns as they are flying from Aberdeen to Trondheim with SAS. My point in this post is that it's possible to travel to Berget from the UK with a vehicle and bypass Germany.

Also I'm helping my brother move from Orrefors in Småland to Scotland anyway so I need to load up his flat in my van hence I need to take a vehicle.

If you can get your guns to Berget by some mean then its easy to get yourself there.

Regards

ArmaLite5.56
Berget 9 Poldovian Infantry
Berget 10 Poldovian Sappers
Berget 11 GCT SIDU
Berget 12 ....Booked....

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 08 Jun 2013, 10:25

Understood!

There are ferrys to denmark. http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/

From Denmark you can ofcourse take the long way via bridge to most southern parts of Sweden, OR take a new ferry to gothenburg vid StenaLine , inexpencive and quite fast.

Also, im sure you havnt missed the option to SEND the guns to Berget and back?
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com