Sleeping in be-tents, veteran advice.

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Sleeping in be-tents, veteran advice.

Post by Klings » 10 Jul 2016, 22:30

Disclaimer: I know there is a tent-thread, but that have become a general q&a about tents and camping. This is specific list of advices about living in the large rectangular tents BE provides, based on my experiences.

Picture mildy related, but not from any berget game:

Every year i show up to a BE tent, to find it being over crowded with few people.
BE plans for 30 persons in one tent. that is possible IF: All kit is stored outside, and people are sleeping literaly shoulder to shoulder.
Since we know from experience that it's not going to happen, here are some points about sleeping in BE-provided tents.

0.5: Everything is purple. It's not your eyes, you have not gone crazy. It's just the materials and sun. Do not worry.

1: You do not need a 1 meter space on both sides of your bed, make "double" beds, you're sleeping in sleeping bags, so it's not gay or weird.

2: get a field bed. They may seem bulky, but you save space by storing your stuff under the bed.
Measure to check if your bags or boxes will fit under. leave some space for the bed to sag, and a place to store your gun on top of your bags during the night. (it is 60 euros, and mine have so far lasted 4 games, This one

3: Did you bring your kit in a large hard case or box? Fine, it can stay on the outside since it is waterproof.

4: Going as a team? Make a gun rack and keep the guns outside. Run a wire through the trigger guards and use a combination lock if you are afraid of theft.

5: Can you store things in your off-game car? Gun cases, civilian clothes and spare kit? That is neat too.

6: Bring paracord, make lines to hang clothes on during the night.

7: Put team leaders and important personnel close to the openings. So if a runner needs to find a person napping, it's easy for them to find "the first guy on the left" than that one in the middle somewhere.

8: Bring a sharpie, write your name or call sign on stuff if you all have similar kit.

9: Bring a shovel or entrenchment tool, dig a small 10cm deep ditch around your tent in case of rain, it works wonders.

10: Bring a blanket (like a woobie) and a sleeping bag rated for -1 celsius. (some times called 3-season sleeping bags)

Pic: After measuring my own mil-tech field bed, i decided to buy four The North face medium duffle bags. There are cheaper alternatives (,but after 12 yers of aitsofting in know to buy nice or buy twice). The make and model is not important, but concieder the size. Having everything in one huge bag that takes one bed worth of floor space is not the best solution here.
Attachments
beds1.jpg
What i mean by "double beds"
beds1.jpg (80.61 KiB) Viewed 14171 times
13584692_10154132566395630_6450010381216954491_o.jpg
Measurments of a field bed.
13584692_10154132566395630_6450010381216954491_o.jpg (39.32 KiB) Viewed 14171 times
Last edited by Klings on 15 Jul 2016, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Sleeping in be-tents, veteran advice.

Post by Klings » 15 Jul 2016, 22:01

What my space-saving solution looks like.
I've tested it out with way more stuf and it works well.
All fragile items are placed in one bag that must be on top, the other bags are "stackable" when driving to the game.
I have a short gun, but people with longer guns might need a gunbag.

Overview:

Bag 1: Kit

Bag 2: Kit and fragile items.

Bag 3: Camping stuff

Bag 4: Clothes

The reason why i pack this way is so when i...
..Go to a sunday game, i'll bring two bags with gear and a uniform from the clothes bag.
..go on a camping trip, i'll just bring the camping bag.
...go to big games, i'll bring all of them, and they fit under the field bed.

Yes, i am a logistics and packing nerd. I had fun puting this together, and i firmly believe that this will be of some help to someone.
Last edited by Klings on 16 Jul 2016, 01:45, edited 2 times in total.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 15 Jul 2016, 22:14

Good post for sure. People nowadays dont know how to pack or store properly. :)
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 18 Jul 2016, 22:31

This would be a very good solution but I think Berget Rules say Field beds are forbidden in Berget Tents
SLEEPING IN-GAME

Most participants will be sleeping in by crew provided military tents. There will be a 6 hour game-off during night in all base areas (03:00 to 09:00). Keep quiet during these times and respect your sleeping teammates.

Berget-events issue one sleeping place for every ticket holder. Worth noticing that we will not put furnaces in the tents so everyone should bring warm sleeping bags and sleeping mattress. Your gear should be stored under a tarp outside the tent during the night. Each tent has a capacity to hold 14-16 men. It is prohibited to bring tent beds to tents supplied by Berget-Events. All participants can bring their own tents but the tents need to be military in character and hold at least 12 people.
B12/ Orlvov Mercs/ Echo/ Robin-3
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

I like big BAVS and I cannot lie...

Rabagast
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rabagast » 18 Jul 2016, 23:07

Yeah they say so, but due to safety reasons that rule should be disregarded.

We have been running the setup Klings shows here the last years, and it provides a much better enviroment in case of a midnight emergency(fire, medical emergency or other), it provides better space for the people living there and it provides better security as there is less shit lying out in the open.

With people lying on sleeping mats you either take up to spaces to keep your kit inside and dry, and there is a good chance that people will kick and tread on it as it is just laying open making a mess in the mid section of the tent. If you follow Berget rules, all your kit is supposed to be stored OUTSIDE without any provided shelter as they claim to fit a certain number of people inside. That makes your kit vulnearble for rain and condensation, stealing and other shit.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 19 Jul 2016, 03:27

In the old, round, Swedish army tents that Berget used back when that rule was written, a field bed would take up a lot of space. The new tents Berget has used the past few years are big and square, and there's absolutely no reason not to use a field bed.
If anyone gives you grief over it, tell them to frig off.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 19 Jul 2016, 10:22

There has been posts in forums by Berget Events that allow use of tent beds as long as the area is no bigger than 80cm x 200cm.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by B2fox » 19 Jul 2016, 11:14

Our freinds from Delta managed to get some 20 tent beds in a single tent.
Attachments
Delta tent.jpg
Delta tent.jpg (161.07 KiB) Viewed 13972 times
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11 & B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15 & B16: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B17: Bandits aka Local hunter
B18: Yes when ever then is.....

I.Kullberg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by I.Kullberg » 30 Oct 2016, 19:24

If you use field bed, you should put your camping mattress on top of that. At first it might sound stupid, because you are not touching the cold ground, but when you lie down your sleeping bag is compressed under you and only insulation you have from downside is the fabric of your field bed and completely flattened out sleeping bag. You will be cold even in the warm weather in a good bag, but if you use also the sleeping mattress (that insulates even if you lie on it) you will be warm and happy.
B7 SRP engineer
B9 in the Firm/Zansian Black Ops L04/Petro T of Avalon Minerals LTD
B11 GCT HVIU operator/Mineral guy from Avalon Minerals with a suit/Amnesty International guy
B12 GCT IU operator/Shoe polisher guy/Sniper in the tree
B14 NAF B-coy 3rd platoon leader
B15 NAF regular ranger
B16 UPIR ?

kibba
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by kibba » 01 Jul 2020, 05:07

Also, if you sleep in a Berget provided tent you sould remember to digg a drainage ditch, about 10-15cm deep.
If you skipp this you will wake up in a wet puddle if it start to rain during the night.
I had to lern this the hard way :lol:
B10 NAF C&C Company Comander

No Sacrifice, No Glory