Armband -ID system

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.

What do you think of our identification system?

It worked out very good! Players could be identified
74%
No this was not good!
11%
Good, i reported some bad behaviors
15%

Total votes: 136

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Armband -ID system

Post by Berget-events » 30 Jun 2008, 20:42

What do you think of our identification system?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 30 Jun 2008, 21:04

The system is good.
However, next year they should be provided by the org to be uniform and clear.. :?:
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

soljarka
Corporal
Corporal

Post by soljarka » 30 Jun 2008, 21:11

The id system is great. I'll try to implement it in my country. Also orange wounded-flags are much better then red.

Picazzo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Picazzo » 30 Jun 2008, 21:12

it was "ok" since no trustee i saw never pointed out to anyone that their armbands wasnt clear enough. and there were _many_ to small armbands om most sides. and some attacked in t-shirts and forgot their armbads in base in the nato base during one of our attacks.

McCloud
Newbee
Newbee

Post by McCloud » 30 Jun 2008, 21:20

I agree with the Crew providing a uniform one next year, if we got and id bracelet, tshirt and towel, a piece of cloth with a number on it shouldnt be a problem. I had some problems with identifying people in game, as their armbands had crunched up into a 1mm piece of string :P

Finarvas
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Finarvas » 30 Jun 2008, 21:49

What they said.

Numbers on armbands looked cool in some way and was great, but yes when we pay this much for a game they should be included in the price.
UN Forces B4 / Soviet forces Boris 3 B5 / Conrad Mercs B6
Vivere est militare

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 30 Jun 2008, 22:06

I must give credit to STUNTMAN from Portugal for excellent armbands for some of us in NATO. They were outstanding and of prime quality.

I managed to loose my armband when I fell hard on a slippery hillside while attacking Red base. In the pain of spraining my ankle, frustration and adrenaline rush I didn't notice before the attack was over and I strolled along with a limp and clenched teeth and barely noticed what was going on. No way to remember where that armband was lost but shit happens ;-) Thanks for the Berget-crew who allowed me to play on afterwards anyway after I reported it to him. I still managed to get shot twice and went to respawn in our attack at RSP-base. Great fight that was ended too early for both parties. :-)

A bit wider velcro would have made this excellent armband the best at Berget since they were solid and stiff enough to never bunch up to a "small streak below our shoulder" - i.e. instant ID possible. My problem was more that the stiff fabric started to curl at the unvelcroed edges and caught on bush, vegetation and my own kit - occasionaly moving the ID number out of sight - but the craftmanship was excellent.

Next year: Make these armbands a part of the kit you Berget-crew give us at check-in to avoid such diversity in colours etc. within the same company structure. That way standards are more conform and ID's more certain in the woods. There was too much spread in colours within NATO IMHO.

Personally I had problems identifying some opposition armbands since they were reduced to small crunched-up items. But heck - nobody said this was meant to be a cakewalk. I had a ball despite a tripped-over-ankle :-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 01 Jul 2008, 01:54

Very good system, but needs some small touches to make it better. As others said:
If BE would make/order armband IDs to everyone it would lead to uniform looking armbands, numbers etc. That way BE also doesn't have to check that peoples armbands are ok.
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

*C-4* DELTA
Newbee
Newbee

Post by *C-4* DELTA » 01 Jul 2008, 02:35

Finarvas wrote: Numbers on armbands looked cool in some way and was great, but yes when we pay this much for a game they should be included in the price.
I agree on this one. Also the orange flag rule on both players and technicals worked great in the field.

Also thumbs up for the little sponsor-gifts you got when checking in, nice to have something too show upon returning home.

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 01 Jul 2008, 08:08

Very giid system. Keep this. Helps the organisation and other players to identify players. Also helps solving problems. Only bad thing is that ID system could lead to miss use of it (false reports etc.).
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Eye
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Eye » 01 Jul 2008, 09:04

The armband system worked really well but some in nato had so dark blue that they where almost black and couldnt be seen (I was in nato to) so it would be for the best if berget provided these armbands.

Only problem was identifying vehicles due to not all of them being marked in the front and some flagging theire own country flaggs, how the hell am I supposed to see its a blue car when it uses a big red norwegian or portugese (think it was) flag in the front bigger then the blue flag?

Ukkosleka
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkosleka » 01 Jul 2008, 10:06

I agree. The ID system is a great idea. Next time BE should issue the armbands and check vehicle markings. I think vehicles shoud be marked with large flags on every side (left right front and rear), not just a little piece of cloth flying on the rear corner.

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 07 Jul 2011, 11:36

I think that biggest problem was those lousy armbands that rolled into 1 cm string on arm.

Secondly, maybe NAF & UN shoulded have different color armbands, I did notest some blue on blue situations where some of the UN players did not have a UN blue headgear, only blue armband.
Armband shade could not be the difference because there was hell of a lot variants for "blue" and "un blue".
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 07 Jul 2011, 18:10

Saveli_M wrote:I think that biggest problem was those lousy armbands that rolled into 1 cm string on arm.

Secondly, maybe NAF & UN shoulded have different color armbands, I did notest some blue on blue situations where some of the UN players did not have a UN blue headgear, only blue armband.
Armband shade could not be the difference because there was hell of a lot variants for "blue" and "un blue".
Regarding the rolling up armbands, I had the same problem, easily solved with the safety pins in my first aid kit.

UN and NAF with both blue: This was indeed quite confusing at times.
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers