Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 03 Jul 2009, 23:40

Your thoughts about our game area for Berget 6 & 7?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Feedback: * Game Area *

Post by hezi » 04 Jul 2009, 00:09

Berget 7 was my first Berget game.
the game area was good although the Nato base was known to every body that have been in Berget 6.
the forest was very thick ( good place for snipers or ambush ) but a bad place for patrol.
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

Djinn
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Dust Dust Dust

Post by Djinn » 04 Jul 2009, 00:22

I am a medical doctor and I played on the ORC side. I have to say that the choice of base for us was not the best. I know there are not many places in the game area for bases, but it was a bit shocking to see that the base was in the middle of piles of dung. The fact that most of the ORC side will be scrubbing their gear until next Berget is one matter but I sincerely hope that no long term effects will prevail on the people in that area, since the dust was unbearable at the end. I personally had a guy with respiratory problems in my tent and most of my team were coughing their lungs out. So for Berget 8, please think about the location of the bases.
WTF Minister of Foreign Affairs
B5 : Russian Medic
B6 : Mercs Combat Medic
B7 : Yuri's Plastic Surgeon

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 04 Jul 2009, 01:33

as a sniper i can say that the vegetation in 90% of the areas is way to thick for any succesfull sniping..

Milo's base, although very defendable, was set on very uneven ground. our tent was on a slope, with bushes and small trees! growing inside that we had to clear.

overall i give the area a 9,5 out of 10

would definitley come play in the same place again next year!
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Gauntlet
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gauntlet » 04 Jul 2009, 02:25

I think its very irresponsible to actually include off-game roads in the game area. I'm talking spesificly about the road along the western part of the map. We in NATO Oscar Coy were sent on a roadblock/VCP mission on friday night, and swedish civilian cars almost drove right over us while we were doing our best to spot which cars was ingame or not.

Next time, keep every civilian traveled road offgame, at a bare minimum keep them to ingame vehicle traffic for transport from A to B, and not infantry-related missions.

Other than that, I'd say the game area was good for my part. It has been mentioned several times, but try to include more strategic points for B8.
B7 - NATO Oscar Company, Radio Operator
B8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry, 2nd Company, Sniper Team Spotter

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 04 Jul 2009, 03:26

Less dust.

I think that covers it.
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 04 Jul 2009, 09:42

Cosmo wrote:Less dust.

I think that covers it.
I think the problem with dust was at every camp. It might could be fixed with roadsalt!!! But only "inside basecamp. Otherwise people could see from distance where bases are!!
FOLLOW THE SALT!! :-D
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Touko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Touko » 04 Jul 2009, 10:16

freno wrote:I think the problem with dust was at every camp.
SRP was lucky enough to have a base in the woods, so there wasn't that much dust. The woods also provided for a decent defensive perimeter, which was a bonus.

I'd imagine the place would have made it harder to coordinate and maintain a larger force, since it didn't have much in the way of roads, but to my mind our base worked for us very well. Too many roads could actually made our life harder, since where we didn't much use vehicles, some of our opponents had vehicles a-plenty...

PS. I still miss my foxhole a bit.
B7 - SRP / Tiger Coy / "Hammer" Plt / 2nd Sqd
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf Batt / 1st Coy / 3rd "Hammer" Plt Ldr
B9 - The Firm / Zanzian Black Ops "N02"
B10 - Zansia / 2nd Coy / Echo Plt Ldr E9

55nilsson
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 55nilsson » 04 Jul 2009, 17:59

We need more roads....

That way a mech platoon can choose alternative roads to a target instead of driving the same road over and over again, with everybody knowing we were coming.

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 04 Jul 2009, 18:43

Touko wrote:
freno wrote:I think the problem with dust was at every camp.
SRP was lucky enough to have a base in the woods, so there wasn't that much dust. The woods also provided for a decent defensive perimeter, which was a bonus.
Actually, I'm still cleaning my friend's SAW from the dust it accumulated at our camp(SRP). And I had a hard time the last 2 days, because of my allergy. But I don't blame BE or anyone in particular. They were some mighty dry 4-5 days, and very little wind, especially in the woods where our camp was. The dry vegetation and wood-dust was really excessive, you could see it in the late night sun, if you stopped to look at it. But as I said, I decided to cope with it, with stiff upper lip ;)
PS. I still miss my foxhole a bit.
Same here... Sofia, I miss you!!
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

StillAlive
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StillAlive » 04 Jul 2009, 20:40

it is only my second Berget, but while the game area and terrain are very adequate, the overall impression of the area is much less when you doing it second time. there are certain number of paths in which any force can advance, both on foot and motorized. plus even less number of strategic points controlling these paths. that can lead to very predictable developments in mission scenarios making the game less appealing (at least to me).

from a personal perspective, if Berget 8 is going to be organized on the same grounds, I will give my participation a good thought.
B10: NAF 3rd Rangers
B9: NAF 3rd Rangers, BRAVO 4
B8: NAF 5th, HAWK 3
B7: NATO, INDIA 2
B6: NATO, INDIA 1

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 04 Jul 2009, 22:03

Tarmac and 1" cut-grass in every base :D

I think the terrain was fine giving the fact that game area was changed in the last moment.

However, I would appreciate a different place for next year, been here twice now... Hemsö was lovely :)
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 05 Jul 2009, 02:36

I feel that this game area was poorly defined, and that it was too close to and too integrated with off-game civilians.
- At least one civilian car was shot up.
- The SRP was forced to go off-game after trying to outflank an ORC attack only to find themselves in an off-game area,
- One Merc coyt spent half a day setting up an assault on and then retreating from a road that turned out to be heavilly trafficked by civilians.
- It was all but impossible to use vehicles without going off-game, making any type of vehicle more or less invincible for large parts of the trip.
- I had to spend the better part of an hour talking to two rather agitated gentlemen who wanted to go up to the Nato base to walk their dogs in the middle of the Merc attack on said base.
- Overall there was a lot of insecurity about what was ingame and what was offgame. While going between the Merc base and SRP you could go in-off-in-off-in-off-in just by following the road. And you were offgame just a couple of hundred meters from their base. This made for some unpleasant strategic decision. I don't want to cheat or get an unfair advantage from off-game areas but how do i get there and how do I get out of there without using off-game areas? I can imagine the SRP getting rather annoyed at seeing Merc troops just outside their base and not being able to do anything about it.

I know that the gaming area was changed in the last minute but if at all possible I would like to see next Berget at place that is:
1) Clearly defined
2) With no civilian elements within the gaming area

and as a distant third:
3) With the possibility to go between the bases by vehicle without having to go off game.

Hammer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hammer » 05 Jul 2009, 09:10

I don't mind the area, but Åstön would have been great, and it is unfortunate that the landowner bailed ship.

Best Berget area so far has been Hemsön though. To bad we havent had access to the large fortress of Hemön though ;)
/H17 - Hammer - Eidolon Lake

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 05 Jul 2009, 11:41

as one of my colleague said this area is overused.
all the guys that where at BE6 & BE7 knows the game area.
hopefully that BE8 would take place in different place
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry