SRP After Action Report

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 05 Jul 2009, 15:28

grasulas wrote:Can i have an idea how much money SRP did had available during the game time, how much was use on artillery, transport, bribes etc... i`m sorry to say but this is still a mister for me how much it cost and how fast you can have an artillery strike after you requested, same for mortier.

All so you said you sent a squad to eliminate an Armour vehicle with AT missile or satchel charge, the berget rules say you can take out a tank in our case mechanized rocket launcher, with the AT missile, another tank gun or Sticky bombs (i never see them probable old remaining rules from other BERGET games), so it was allowed to take out an armored vehicle with the satchel charge?

I know for example that a satchel charge can be use to blow up a road and block the traffic of any vehicle for 4h or something like that and i know this because i saw it in the field, something like this never exist in the BERGET RULES :(....
The arms deal we made with the gun broker was for 250 000 B$ I think. It included an AT weapon, a mortar, 8 AT mines and 3 ammo crates.
We had plenty of artillery points and the mortar so basically we didn't pay anything for those strikes after we had purchased the mortar.

jdoe from FOX was the FO on the attack to Miners hut on the 2nd day, I don't know how much indirect fire he called in.
I worked as the FO on the merc + Milo attack on our base on the 3rd day and I think I used 8 strikes all together.
The last day in bashir I think I called in 4 strikes of artillery, landing on NATO FOX :wink:

When a battle broke loose you wanted the artillery right there and then, but usually there was no GM around when you first needed them. After 30 - 60 minutes you usually had a GM to get those strikes where you wanted them and after that it usually only took some 2-10 minutes to call in the next strike. All in all I think the artillery system worked well, although in the biggest battles you would have wanted the GMs there sooner. But as in real warfare, nothing really goes as you want it to :D

As for the satchel charge, it was a prop from BE to the SRP. It looked like 4 TNTs that were taped together and hooked up with a timer. For the effect we were provided with fireworks (same as the GM's used to prop artillery). The satchel and the fireworks were to be placed next to the tank thus destroying it. Our recon platoon decided to execute with the AT launcher so the GMs took and used the fireworks to other means.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by elanaiba » 05 Jul 2009, 15:45

Kartoon wrote: I worked as the FO on the merc + Milo attack on our base on the 3rd day and I think I used 8 strikes all together.
I remember those... running away from them I mean :D :D :D
elanaiba aka Tomcat aka Dan:
B7 - Milo's Tigers; Rode with Robman on his Epic infiltration
B8 - Poldavian Psy Ops - Bash; I shot down Kartoon and Ollie - the contaminated Polies
B10 - Poldavian Force Recon - Raven 2 SQL

Olli
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: SRP After Action Report

Post by Olli » 05 Jul 2009, 17:30

tomy wrote: so if this was the fox leader than he is DEAD :D
Yeah. He's FOX platoonleader. You got him, nice work (+NATO could take him as a prisoner any more :P)

Mikko allready explained the difference between TIGER and DOG -companies. Even there were big difference on balance between these two companies, the DOG company did excelent job generally on the game. Jottis kept his dogs on the job and squad and platoonleaders did their job very good. This was the first time the Finns have another company with them (on B6 there were only one platoon of Swedes in SRP) and cooperation between different nations worked very well. Hope to play with these guys and many other players from other nations next time too.

Olli
Olli Vesakoski
B5 FFF commander
B6 SRP commader
B7 SRP commander
B8 Poldovian 1st Link Officer
B9 Zansian commander Z01
B11 GCT taking down the Iron Wall
B12 Yuri Orlov's angry mob
B15 FinBat commader
B17 GFM men with green faces

Orion

Post by Orion » 05 Jul 2009, 17:41

Thanks for the comprehensive report Olli! Though I must say that it would've been nice if more of this information had been shared to all SRP players during the game. Fortunately our tent was right next to HQ squad's so I personally got to hear some of these things overhearing platoon leader meetings and conversations of the HQ squad members while I was eating etc. in the camp. Others, I heard, were not as lucky. I understand that it isn't necessary for everyone to know what other platoons are doing but it makes it all so much more interesting and meaningful if you do. Besides there were such funny stories that everyone should hear those. :D

A few situations from my point of view:
Olli wrote:HAMMER and FOX platoons took positions on the miner's hut. Part of the HQ squad went to negotiate with NATO forces closing in on the area from the north. The NATO forces took the negotiators as prisoners but failed to find a gold ingot in one of the fighters backpack although it was searched. After long but peaceful negotiations SRP troops pulled out from the miners hut and NATO took positions there letting the prisoners go.
It was a little frustrating that after we had got in positions on the hill and had lots of time to prepare for an attack suddenly we were told to leave the hill and let NATO there without a fight. I now understand the situation better but at the moment we didn't get precise information about what was going on and it felt a little silly to retreat like that.
Olli wrote:After midnight the two tracking beacons were activated by SRP in the sector D17 and the whole of TIGER company placed an ambush for NATO troops at the western road. -- The ambush was in place for two hours and as no NATO forces arrived the SRP troops pulled back to base.
About this mission we received all the info we needed. Just like last year I believe everyone knew the exact ambush plan. It was pretty exciting to wait in position not knowing if any NATO forces would actually arrive. Would've been nice to ambush NATO again but maybe next time. ;)

On day 3 I remember the HQ squad having a conversation about how the whole day was almost wasted because of the continuous attacks to our base. I didn't feel like that at all. Hadn't we already accomplished all our objectives anyway? And wasn't it our ultimate objective to prevent other factions from accomplishing theirs? I felt like it was for once great fun to sit on guard duty knowing that the enemy might actually attack from my sector any second.
Olli wrote:On the way to BC the SRP commander met one of the YOM coy commanders who said that SRP and YOM were in a cease fire treaty to secure the elections.
I remember thinking "not again this alliance mess" when we finally got this information (last year we were constantly unsure who to shoot and who to be friends with). Luckily I managed to avoid problems until a Merc shot me when we were pulling back towards the main safe zone. After the game I heard that not all the Mercs were with us after all. There was also a lot of uncertainty regarding the respawn points of each faction.

All in all I had a great game and especially the attack to miner's hut on Thursday, the defensive fights at the base on Friday and the final battle at BC were awesome. Still I can't help but think that the whole game experience would've been even better had everyone had a better view of what's happening at all times. Perhaps a short brief every morning when everyone was still at the base would have done the job? Or a summary about the important events on the noticeboard? This is probably the only thing that could have been done better, everything else in SRP was superb!
Valtteri "Orion" Munkki
Berget 6: SRP, Snake 2, rifleman
Berget 7: SRP, Leka 4, medic

circuit
Private
Private

Post by circuit » 05 Jul 2009, 21:00

Orion.

The day 3 was "wasted" because we were on defence almost all day. And so we could not make any bigger game moves on that day. We in HQ had fun on that day also and all platoons had chance to fight with the enemy.
B6, B7, B8, B11, B15 and B16

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 05 Jul 2009, 21:43

In a military operation it would hardly be useful to brief the "little" man about everything thats going on around the battlefield. But as this is a game only I definitely agree with you on the fact that everybody propably would enjoy a little info about the big picture. This is something that worked better in B6 and it will definitely be given some attention next year.

I agree with circuit about friday. We enjoyed the fighting just like everybody else, it was the small attacks of two or three enemies that felt pointless when people were trying to eat and rest. Thank god for the whistle and the mighty SRP roar! :D
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Pete
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Pete » 05 Jul 2009, 21:46

tomy wrote:
Olli wrote: ...Meanwhile in BC, the FOX platoon leader had political discussions with the mayor and handed over his daughter to him. ...
yes and the fox platoon leader was assasinated by undercover ORC and the whole srp platton wiped out by nato (guess who, yes the vegetata boys) which stormed Bashir and shot up EVERYONE in there (civilians, srp, orc, cia guys) once they heard the first shots fired...
the Mayors daughter somehow escaped i think with some of the cia people.
since it is very problematic to fully kill someone in bashir city (since there is no knifekill option in BC) we managed and me waiting in the middle of the fighting, for the NATO troops to heal the srp fox leader with a medic so i could finish him off was one of my most intense experiences, boy was I nervous... im maybe gonna post the whole story to the best moments...

so if this was the fox leader than he is DEAD :D
Yep, that is me alright... :) and very well roleplayed from your assasination team´s part. However, because this came up I have to say that this incident with the Italians was the low point of my game. Real nice speedball from the vegetatas... :( They had absolutely no real view or tactical sense of the situation. When I tried to explain that I was really dead (shot with silenced weapon) they accused me loudly "of fucking with them". Well, shit happens. Next year, mandatory basic English to all players, thank you.

Hanna, Mayor´s daughter was rescued from the town and also two of Kettu (Fox) platoon members survived and later returned to base. Olli had final meeting with the mayor later in the evening, and although my character was killed, I guess "ground work" was already laid in our meet before the fight.

Besides the vegetata rush, this Bashir City trip was one of the best things in the game.
B7 - SRP Fox (Kettu) 1-0, platoon leader
B8 - Poldavian 1.Inf Batt, 1.Coy CO
B9 - Sales & Personnel Manager - Firm, Janco office; Zansian Black Ops, "Z-02"
B10 - 2.Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard"
B13 - Cerberus Recon
B15 - FinBat HQ Security, acting CO
B16 - Firm PPO

Pete
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Pete » 05 Jul 2009, 21:53

Kartoon wrote:
jdoe from FOX was the FO on the attack to Miners hut on the 2nd day, I don't know how much indirect fire he called in.
Jdoe called in the strikes but we had to keep our positions under hard enemy fire for around 15 mins before the strikes. Actually, NATO guys counter attacked with a squad or so to my CP on the south side of the hill and only the combined work of my FOX 1, FOX 2 and a few of Dog company fighters held our lines intact until the strikes. I have to give recommendation to the Czech medic who really went beyond the call of duty there fixing my guys for the last push.
B7 - SRP Fox (Kettu) 1-0, platoon leader
B8 - Poldavian 1.Inf Batt, 1.Coy CO
B9 - Sales & Personnel Manager - Firm, Janco office; Zansian Black Ops, "Z-02"
B10 - 2.Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard"
B13 - Cerberus Recon
B15 - FinBat HQ Security, acting CO
B16 - Firm PPO

mcuz
Private
Private

Post by mcuz » 06 Jul 2009, 09:15

Next year we're gonna form a squad with one main goal only "kill the back stabbing SRP" ;)

always fun to be butt fucked caused by false intel :(
I'm the medieval man with the strange leg

Olli
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Olli » 06 Jul 2009, 10:27

Actually it was a bit strange mission to kill you all. Mission orders told that you guys were really bad mofos and had kidnapped Mayor and done lots of other bad shit. But apparently you actually were trying really for the best of Liburania. I would have wanted to continue the cooperation between you guys, but given mission told us to eliminate you. So sorry for that backstabbing, but these were the orders so...

Olli
Olli Vesakoski
B5 FFF commander
B6 SRP commader
B7 SRP commander
B8 Poldovian 1st Link Officer
B9 Zansian commander Z01
B11 GCT taking down the Iron Wall
B12 Yuri Orlov's angry mob
B15 FinBat commader
B17 GFM men with green faces

mcuz
Private
Private

Post by mcuz » 06 Jul 2009, 11:15

haha we know :) . we tried to open up contact with you guys again after that. But after getting a sore ass from NATO and Milos as well, we had to narrow down our missions.
I'm the medieval man with the strange leg

Hammer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hammer » 06 Jul 2009, 11:49

I hope for next years Berget Events will give in-game "intel" instead of "orders" to the commanders, and they may choose to act on it as they choose.
And make sure that nothing is 100%, just like in real life.

Instead of giving orders they should use languange like "We have intelligence reporting of the obuction of the Mayor of Bashir City, this was alegedly done by [insert description here]."

Or even better, make sure all teams have scouts, infiltrators that relay information to their commanders. If that fails Game Masters could give this sort of info in-character, by role play.

Not your fault though Olli, SRP was impressive as always in the field!
/H17 - Hammer - Eidolon Lake

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 06 Jul 2009, 11:52

Olli wrote:So sorry for that backstabbing, but these were the orders so...
Olli
This appears to be your every-year Berget position dude :?
And I thought Quisling was norwegian :P
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 06 Jul 2009, 12:15

Hammer wrote:I hope for next years Berget Events will give in-game "intel" instead of "orders" to the commanders, and they may choose to act on it as they choose.
And make sure that nothing is 100%, just like in real life.

Instead of giving orders they should use languange like "We have intelligence reporting of the obuction of the Mayor of Bashir City, this was alegedly done by [insert description here]."

Or even better, make sure all teams have scouts, infiltrators that relay information to their commanders. If that fails Game Masters could give this sort of info in-character, by role play.

Not your fault though Olli, SRP was impressive as always in the field!
We'll try that next year! What was so cool this year from Thursday evening and forward on was that the gameflow got it's own life. It was really difficult to adapt and hand out missions cause we had hard time keeping up with the game our self...
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1

Robman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Robman » 06 Jul 2009, 20:06

Olli wrote:Day 1... HAMMER and FOX platoons took positions on the miner's hut.
@ Olli,

Your HAMMER and FOX platoons walked right through my recon platoon. We (Milo's) were on a mission against NATO when we heard your boys tramping through the woods northeast of your camp (vicinity grid J12). They were in a single file line walking north along the power lines just 2-3 meters inside the eastern edge of the forest toward Miner's Hut.

There were 17 of us and your guys walked right through the middle of our unit. Rhyn0 can confirm because he and I were lying right next to each other. We could have reached out and grabbed your men by their legs, but your men were not our primary objective. And we did not want to compromise our positions.

This event occurred at approximately 00:30-01:00 am Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

I am very proud of the men that were with me that night. Even though I cancelled our mission 3 hours later due to other events, I could not have been more proud of them to maintain their focus and discipline during this unexpected encounter.
Robert "Robman" Manore
Berget 7 - Milo's Tigers, Spec Ops
Berget 8 - Poldavian 15th PSYOPS, Intel Officer
Berget 9 - Town Elder, Townspeople of Janco
Berget 10 - Commander, NAF 9th Recon & Sniper