Inner thigh blisters

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Inner thigh blisters

Post by Spof » 05 Oct 2009, 21:58

Inner thigh blisters is when you get red and irritated skin on the inside of your thighs. I usually get them after after having wet underwear and friction during a half day of walking and running. If these get irriteded enough i can't walk at all becourse of the pain.

This can realy be a game ruiner for you when you can't walk for a day or two.

My tip to avoid this is to by special training pants like Bicycle pants or "HeatGear" with very good breathing function where the moisture quickly "run off" your garment. As the name suggests, this technology is aimed at keeping the body cool during physical activity even at high temperatures.
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

Sparky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Sparky » 05 Oct 2009, 22:10

i always carry a tube of something like this:

http://www.lanacane.co.uk/products/gel.asp

its not an ideal solution but it works for a few hours in an emergency situation, if somehow your clothes get wet and start to rub your skin (thighs, armpits etc). also works on stopping rubbing from tacvest etc.

its not glamorous to rub jelly on your crotch but its better than not being able to run and gun
:wink:

but as anyone will say its better to prevent it happening in the first place than to have to deal with it afterwards
Last edited by Sparky on 06 Oct 2009, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
'Airsoft is a lot like drinking. It starts off with just a few shots, but before you know it you're lying on the ground yelling for help.'

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 06 Oct 2009, 00:20

I usually go with powder during the days and then at night I might apply some skin moisturing stuff if it was some hours since I last applied the powder. Seldom I get irritated on the insides of my thighs, but this always does the trick the few times I do.

If going by this tip remember that never skin moisturing and powder at the same time, it will clog together and make it worse. Just using powder is alright though if you start on early, i e as soon as you notice it's getting irritating at the lower regions. Don't let it be and hope it will go away by itself. And if you don't own any powder or similiar I'll bet there will be some players in your platoon that will have, so have a ask around and don't feel embarrased about it. I'm one of those players that drag with me a bit of everything in case someone should need it and know there are plenty others.
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 06 Oct 2009, 00:41

I think all you need is loose fitting boxers... I never got blisters, not even after 50km hikes in full gear. Leaving your (very gucci) thigh holster/platform at home also helps. :D

If you still get them... Well, horse riders and cyclists use tight fitting (under)pants and anti chafing creams.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 06 Oct 2009, 09:34

I agree with Thrasher-HU.

Fitting boxers is the key. I got blisters before when marching with the homaguard but after looking into the matter I decided to get better boxers that didn't cause friction.

I will however, look into the "heatgear" and see if they are worth my money. Anything good to avoid blistering is worth spending a few extra hundreds so you can be able to enjoy a good game of Airsoft.

More suggestions!!!
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 06 Oct 2009, 14:23

Trasher-HU wrote:I think all you need is loose fitting boxers...
To each his own, but to me loose fitting boxers sound like the worst idea concerning the issue. Nice fitted thigh-length boxers (synthetic, avoid cotton!) and you're good to go.

If shit hits the fan use body powder(baby chalk or whatever) or white vaseline to ease up with the pain and friction.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 06 Oct 2009, 14:47

Kartoon wrote:...or white vaseline to ease up with the pain and friction.
:lol: Gay like Gabriel
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 06 Oct 2009, 15:23

:lol: Good game!
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 06 Oct 2009, 15:37

Gay or not! I use to leave my zipper down, just in case. It´s good for quick-shooting and it will not be so worm inside!!! ;-)
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 06 Oct 2009, 16:56

I used baby-powder each day before B7 and i was fine but here is a note of warning about 'mint'-ed baby-powder. DON'T APPLY IT AFTER IT'S ALREADY RED. One of my mates did after the first berget day and.. well... He was cursing me for the next three hours. It tends to be a cold-burn. :D
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 06 Oct 2009, 17:52

Kartoon wrote:To each his own, but to me loose fitting boxers sound like the worst idea concerning the issue.
I'm not sure if me falling into a mudhole at B7 - armpit deep - then walking couple hours in totally wet gorka and loose boxers, then not having blisters at all is a good example to the contrary. :lol:

But you are basically right, everybody should use what's working for him.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Robman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Robman » 07 Oct 2009, 15:59

Based on 9 years in the US Army and 3 years as a civilian cop in California... I personally go with soft cotton, boxer-style briefs.

At B7, I changed them every day and applied just a small puff of baby powder. Finally, I avoid drop leg platforms that constrict and pull up the pants. All the walking makes the leg platforms ride high on the leg and does not allow air circulation. Air circulation is key.

On a side note, Berget doesn't have too much CQB, so one small pistol mounted to my plate carrier does the job. Especially during vehicle ops. It is nearly impossible to draw your sidearm from a drop leg holser while seated in a vehicle with the door closed.
Robert "Robman" Manore
Berget 7 - Milo's Tigers, Spec Ops
Berget 8 - Poldavian 15th PSYOPS, Intel Officer
Berget 9 - Town Elder, Townspeople of Janco
Berget 10 - Commander, NAF 9th Recon & Sniper

OviDiuS
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by OviDiuS » 07 Oct 2009, 22:38

One thing i have noticed whit this so called problem. Is when i got undies that is just one size larger than i usually have, i never have a problem. But those days i have the perfect sized undies i usually have problems. But never so bad that i have to put baby powder or even fell pain in the lower area. But that may be only me ^^
OPCR 3 - Spec OP SAS
Berget 10 - 9th Sniper unit Second in command
Berget 9 - Civilian Miner Boss over the workers.
Berget 8 - 15th Psyops 1st Company Leader/ Civilian City Police
Berget 7 - Naf Security Co
Berget 6 - UN Co

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 08 Oct 2009, 16:53

Dude, I had this problem on the second day about half way through and was about to die by the end of it! Anyway, I fixed it by ditching my underwear and wearing biker shorts and they worked perfectly. No chafing afterwards and they kept all my 'gear' in place for the rest of the game. :D
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic