The BAVS hit reccivers on cars.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Ymmer
Private
Private

Post by Ymmer » 06 Jul 2011, 08:43

Hell_Viking wrote:
. Shall we all bring APC's to make it "real" should everyone wanting to be mechaniced make a wooden shell around our cars to make them look like a m113 (or a BTR 60 for the matter), just to satisfy the need for "realism".

Yes please! Realism isn't a bad thing. Realism is the reason why we are wearing all the stuff we do. If it haden't been for realism we would all run around in PJs and a belt with ten highcaps.. Or am i wrong ?
No your not, but there is a difference between wearing real uniforms and bringing apcs, its about how much you can expect from an airsofter/ airsoft event. obviously we can all afford uniforms, can we expect the same when it comes to vehicles, or expect Berget-Events to bring enough apcs, as if they dont have enough to focus on.

What im trying to say is that this is what we got, it aint perfect but i think mechanized should have some advantage rather than a disadvantage since this is airsoft and not real war, it shouldnt be as easy to take out a car as it is to take out a person.
B7 NATO
B8 Poldavian 3rd Montaineers
B9 Poldavian 1st Mechanized

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 06 Jul 2011, 09:39

To be perfectly honest I hate seeing regular troops in pickups, Bring a proper vehicle or don't bring one at all.

4-5 years ago barely anyone was playing with vehicles and it was fine and dandy, no need to bring civilian cars to pose as an apc.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 06 Jul 2011, 10:20

Well in the Swedish defense force (before it was all but abolished) we had a system for conscripting not only people but also vehicles, meaning that anyone buying a new truck, lorry or 4x4 was likely to get a paper stating where to hand the vehicle over to the military in case of mobilization.

So seing regular troops in "civilian" vehicles is actually rather RS, at least up here.

Back on topic though; I whish there was a loud sound made by the launcher, or some other indication of a shot being fired. As it is now the BAVS is the Ninjas best friend, a single BAVS operator can eliminate entire mechanized units without making a sound or in any other way revealing his/her position.
__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

Garga
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Garga » 06 Jul 2011, 10:49

Last post sound very reasonable.

P.S. I didnt have a chance to be on B9 but i'm reading here and i want to agree with previous post.
JTF - Bulgaria
Berget7 - NATO, Foxtrot company, Fox-4 platoon
Berget8 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Dust Coy, Bravo Platoon

Ymmer
Private
Private

Post by Ymmer » 06 Jul 2011, 11:16

A_Muller wrote:To be perfectly honest I hate seeing regular troops in pickups, Bring a proper vehicle or don't bring one at all.

4-5 years ago barely anyone was playing with vehicles and it was fine and dandy, no need to bring civilian cars to pose as an apc.

you might be speaking of this in general but since there is a discussion going on..

Who said anything about pickups or civilian cars for the matter, the one i was gunning for and the cars i am talking about are military vehicles. and was not brought to berget to pose as an apc, its just that it will never be real apcs in an airsoft game, mostly because of safety issues ( or so i presume).

So it should be somewhat harder to take out the vehicles that are ingame, the Bavs works very well, to well if you ask me, so i dont see the need to make bbs being from a 40mm or a rifle (for that matter) to be able to take them out, no matter what the vehicle looks like.

totally agree with MrMedic a sound from the BAVs would be very nice.
B7 NATO

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 06 Jul 2011, 14:58

There have, and will be APCs in airsoft games.
I've seen polish airsoft events use BNPs and american M113s have also been used in AS events in the USA.

Satela
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Satela » 06 Jul 2011, 18:01

MrMedic wrote:I whish there was a loud sound made by the launcher, or some other indication of a shot being fired. As it is now the BAVS is the Ninjas best friend, a single BAVS operator can eliminate entire mechanized units without making a sound or in any other way revealing his/her position.
+1
B7 - B16

Ymmer
Private
Private

Post by Ymmer » 07 Jul 2011, 08:07

A_Muller wrote:There have, and will be APCs in airsoft games.
I've seen polish airsoft events use BNPs and american M113s have also been used in AS events in the USA.
your right, but will it be one in a berget game, since that is what we are talking about here. ( as I can see I wrote "an airsoft game" but ofc I mean Berget, what happens in Poland or the USA are of no interest).

Over and out
B7 NATO

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 07 Jul 2011, 09:13

I'm sure that if this event is pointed in the right direction possobilities would open up to maybe rent or purchase such armoured vehicles for events like Berget. The first few Berget events barely had any vehicles or props at all, and see how the entire event has changed over the course of just a few years.
I'll never assume that something can't be done when it comes to something like this, all you need is the demand from the participants and the drive to satisfy the player's "needs".

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 08 Jul 2011, 09:54

BAVs sistem is awesome and as i understood it is still under developement. I think it's a great improvement over the past years when everyone would spray whole mags ar cars and hope the driver would "notice" the hundreds of bb's hitting the windscreen. and stop ( usually after another hundred meters so the infantry would dismount out of the killzone).

vehicles add to the gameplay, and with AT weapons not commonly available, it adds to the atmosphere. We loved it, and hope to see it expanded.

We suggest increasing the hitpoints on Vehicles a bit, so it's more fair.
For example:
-armoured car- 1 AT Hit destroys it and kills everyone inside. 1 40mm grenade hit immobilizes vehicle and sets it on fire( so everyone inside has to get out in 2 minutes or they die), and can be repaired with an engineer withing 10 minutes.(engineer has to start repair withing 10 minutes of car "bleed time" even if he starts at 9:30 he can still repair. Repair lasts at least 5 minutes, preferably 10. The Next 40 mm hit( even after repaired) will destroy it completly killing everyone inside. THe lcd should read Heavily damaged or something like that after a hit.

-armoured transport- 1 AT hit destroys the vehicle, but people inside have 1 minute to get out before they die.
40mm grenade- 1 hit- damaged, no ill effects. 2-nd hit- heavily damaged, has to stop( engine knocked out). can be repaired by engineer same as armoured car. takes minimum 10 minutes ( preferably 15). 3rd greande hit destroys it completly and kills everyone inside.

-tanks- cannot be damaged by 40mm, take several AT hits to disable/kill.

I think it would improve the game, giving mech a fighting chance instead of instant death, and making vehicles a more valuable asset, for survival in a combatzone.
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Surmuri
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Surmuri » 08 Jul 2011, 21:47

Rhyn0 wrote: We suggest increasing the hitpoints on Vehicles a bit, so it's more fair.
For example:
-armoured car- 1 AT Hit destroys it and kills everyone inside. 1 40mm grenade hit immobilizes vehicle and sets it on fire( so everyone inside has to get out in 2 minutes or they die), and can be repaired with an engineer withing 10 minutes.(engineer has to start repair withing 10 minutes of car "bleed time" even if he starts at 9:30 he can still repair. Repair lasts at least 5 minutes, preferably 10. The Next 40 mm hit( even after repaired) will destroy it completly killing everyone inside. THe lcd should read Heavily damaged or something like that after a hit.

-armoured transport- 1 AT hit destroys the vehicle, but people inside have 1 minute to get out before they die.
40mm grenade- 1 hit- damaged, no ill effects. 2-nd hit- heavily damaged, has to stop( engine knocked out). can be repaired by engineer same as armoured car. takes minimum 10 minutes ( preferably 15). 3rd greande hit destroys it completly and kills everyone inside.

-tanks- cannot be damaged by 40mm, take several AT hits to disable/kill.

I think it would improve the game, giving mech a fighting chance instead of instant death, and making vehicles a more valuable asset, for survival in a combatzone.
I would like to say great suggestions.... but I have to say dream on guys, cause now people seem to have difficulties to follow even the simpliest medic and vehicle rules...
B7 - SRP - Fox3 - Medic
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf, 1st Coy, Fox1 - Support
B9 - Zansian Black Ops (= The Firm), B03 - Medic/Support
B10 - Zansia B1-3
B11 - GCT - SFODU
B12 -

Glamav
Private
Private

Post by Glamav » 09 Jul 2011, 15:37

BAVS rule.
Me and my teammate have in our list maybe around 10 vehicles destroyed and one bunker.
And one NOT working BAVS device on Reno van. We shot at him, driver dismounts and lock his car - walk away in the bushes. We tested the system and i have it on video from point blank. The driver didnt show up in around 2-3 hours. Berget crew was there and we make complain in that exact spot. Another two Betrget crew members came and just look around the van because it was locked and they just cant take a look at the device inside the car.

I realy hope that next year BAVS will be used ingame and i hope that the range will be improved.

PS we tested our two BAVS granades in 4 different brands of granade launchers and they didnt fit at all. So the outer diameter of the front end must be revisited and must fit granade launcher whit imitation of rifle inside.

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 10 Jul 2011, 01:54

He probably forgot to install the battery. That is one upgrade that should be implemented, make the BAVS come with a built in battery that cannot be tampered with. As it is just unplug the battery and Presto! Immortal Tank.
__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 10 Jul 2011, 17:29

One time our battery got loose and dangeled around from the roof. fortunately we didn't lost it through the side window.

Something that could be improved are these plate/frisbee thingies on top of the reciever. We've lost ours while driving. maybe BE should use a better glue on them
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 11 Jul 2011, 10:34

I think i worke well with the bavs system on the cars and i thin Berget-events should export this system to other large game organizers so players buying BAVS or BAVS anti-tank systems can use them on other games aswell!
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech