Feedback logistics

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 05 Jul 2011, 02:44

One night me and my guys did have a problem with the Pizza delivery service. After getting back from a mission we tried to ring for a pizza at 2250, but apperantly 'Order before 2300' doesn't mean what I think it means. There was no answer, we tried 20 times. The next day someone came up to me with exactly the same problem.

The point being: if your flyer says '...order before XXXX', then take orders untill XXXX, not XXXX minus 15min.

Other than that, water, food, showers, etc was all good (didn't have anything to do with the long range comms so no comments on that).
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 05 Jul 2011, 07:48

DutchWolf wrote:One night me and my guys did have a problem with the Pizza delivery service.
It's not a surprise since even The Firm's side branch (Combat Zone Pizza Delivery) had troubles with Poldavian sentries shooting up our perfectly innocent pizza delivery vans :)

Overall logistics - the only thing that I absolutely require is water and that was provided; first at the nearby safe zone, and later we had our own water container. All essentials provided in other words.

A minor gripe was the hassle on arrival and not knowing where to pitch our tents. This is something that should go smoothly seeing that people have driven for hours and it might be late at night.

I really do not expect to be provided showers or a hamburger stall at events like Berget; priority order is something like water - accommodation - all other luxury.

That said, the kiosk at safezone was a nice thing to have even though I felt like an ogre showing up there all sweaty and stinking from our camp. Portapotties would have been nice for Firm's camp but not mandatory as we made do just fine with the traditional "Riuku" in the woods.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 08:46

DutchWolf wrote:One night me and my guys did have a problem with the Pizza delivery service. After getting back from a mission we tried to ring for a pizza at 2250, but apperantly 'Order before 2300' doesn't mean what I think it means. There was no answer, we tried 20 times. The next day someone came up to me with exactly the same problem.

The point being: if your flyer says '...order before XXXX', then take orders untill XXXX, not XXXX minus 15min.

Other than that, water, food, showers, etc was all good (didn't have anything to do with the long range comms so no comments on that).
Heck, I had mine delivered to my tent when I was in the middle of a firefight, made for an interesting phone call while shooting people ;)
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 05 Jul 2011, 20:02

Would have been nice to have water at all points of interest as I'm a heavy water drinker and it felt like the only sure place to fill up my camelbak was jenco and I was always dead by the time I had refilled so I had to leg it back to construction to respawn. Then suddenly other places had water but then they quickly vanished again before the end of the fighting!

Also it would be nice to have vegetarian meals provided but I'm guessing there are only a minority of players who would be interested in that but believe it or not in a squad of 9 there were two of us!

I would also like to see a more extensive pizza menu to cater for vegetarians for example..

Someone mentioned that the NAF had hot showers in their base.. Were the showers in the poldovian base also hot because I assumed they were cold.. So I waited until Saturday to go into town to have a shower..

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 20:06

Always pack as if that 10 hour mission would turn into a 48 hr mission, that's the rule I go by and thus usually bring at the very least 4L of water. If you know you drink more then bring 2 3L bladders in your ruck ;)
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 05 Jul 2011, 23:02

A_Muller wrote:Always pack as if that 10 hour mission would turn into a 48 hr mission, that's the rule I go by and thus usually bring at the very least 4L of water. If you know you drink more then bring 2 3L bladders in your ruck ;)
I did start with doing that but then we were told by command that just pack light as we can refill at jenco.. well let me tell you that that didn't happen for a long time so by the time I got jenco I was empty so I had to go off game to refill, when I was wounded instead of being interrogated because we had been walking around for several hours and for some of that time we had been outside the game area.. and when we wanted to get transport home we got mowed down due to a messed up radio transmission..

If we had known that by that time there had been water available at construction I'm sure we could have refilled there before attempting to go through Jenco..

Steiny
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Steiny » 06 Jul 2011, 10:32

Hallo orga,

well done a very good logistic job.

Very importend the real Svedish civilien. Everyone was very nice.
Special compliment to them.

Regards

Steiny
B19: Coalition forces Infantry
B18: Cult of Crows/ Cult Member
B17: TFC 110th SIU
B16: NAF Infantry
B15: UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit
B14: NAF Infantry
B13: GCT Infantry
B12: Guyana Boarder police QRF
B11: GCT SIDU
B10: Poldavia 5th Infantry
B9: Poldavia 3rd mountaineers

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 06 Jul 2011, 13:28

Steiny wrote:Hallo orga,

well done a very good logistic job.

Very importend the real Svedish civilien. Everyone was very nice.
Special compliment to them.

Regards

Steiny
Excet the guy living at the road up to the graveyard....man was he pissed.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Robman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Robman » 08 Jul 2011, 23:32

TENTS:

At B7 and B9, the city always ends up being a nucleus. It's nature. There were no tents provided by crew for civilians. So civilians either slept in the buildings or in adjacent small camping tents.

It's realistic for civilians to sleep in buildings, but it's not realistic for someone to take cover behind a small 1-man camping tent during a firefight. I think that the crew should think about placing 2-3 Berget tents adjacent to the city for the civilians to sleep.

This would allow for the city to be in-game at all times and the sleeping tents a safe-zone between 03:00-09:00.

BUILDINGS:

More windows in the buildings to allow better ventilation and more natural light. Also, spray the buildings for bee/wasp nests before the game.

ELECTRICITY:

Some kind of power source would have been nice for cell phones, radios, battery charging, etc.

FOOD/WATER:

Water was good, but is it possible to put a drinking water tank at the SP/TPs. Some people consume water faster than others and it's a long walk back to camp for some folks. On the other hand, I never knew when the food van showed up for prepaid meals. Maybe a time window be published for delivery and a quick honk of the horn.
Robert "Robman" Manore
Berget 7 - Milo's Tigers, Spec Ops
Berget 8 - Poldavian 15th PSYOPS, Intel Officer
Berget 9 - Town Elder, Townspeople of Janco
Berget 10 - Commander, NAF 9th Recon & Sniper

Arbiterman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Arbiterman » 09 Jul 2011, 00:59

We had water and place to sleep and we hardly needed anything else but the enemy. Please add some next time.

3rd Poldavian

Pavel_Moscow
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pavel_Moscow » 09 Jul 2011, 19:41

Berget facilities:

drinking water in camp - first, just big tap with wide stream, with a lot of water flew out and make a little swamp. Then organizers (or good people) bring the funnel.

drinking water on tactical points - good

toilets - good

shower - at the evening, when people were returing to camp, there were very little water to let the pump work. I assume many people were unable to take shower. Also, why organizers removed the shower watercube nearly immideately after game end ? To let Harnosand sports center get some money on bathing ?

electricity - good, but it would be better to make 2 lines through camp (on each side of road), to let people get electricity to their tents, because people without big cars can't bring their own generators.

camp place - good, thanks to unknown people who left some construction stuff to make tables, fireplaces, beds etc.

time of the event - good, "white" nights

Sorry for players who left a lot of garbage behind.... And at the last day a man from houses at the right side of the road from Poldavian camp to the mountains told us that he don't want people on his private territory (it was the main road for Poldavians to get to Cemetery, Military bunker, Eastern checkpoint) and asked as to take us a roundabout way (anyway, it was very close) . Berget team should have make some road signs about it.

Furey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Furey » 10 Jul 2011, 21:13

Administration for such a large event, staffed by volunteers, was amazing. Brilliant job, I have not seen admin this efficient at any airsoft event!

My only negatives are tiny, that we ran out of toilet roll and some beer party transport would have been nice.
Poldavian Army, 5th Infantry, Tango Coy
You know when you've been Tango'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZFgGjB ... re=related

UK Airsoft Players Union
www.ukapu.org.uk

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 11 Jul 2011, 10:28

- Water: SuperDuper Good! there was constantly fresh and cold water!

- Tents: the new large green tents were excellent!(as trasher said)

- Toilets: could have been emptied or equipted with air fresh!

- Garbage: did not have a problem with that in poldavian base!

- Kiosk: Those girls did a great job and kept alot of players happy!

- Power generators: good asset

- Showers: never used them

- Offzone services, shops: never used them

- Comms: worked and when not mobile phones did the job
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF