Gameplay & Cheating?

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 11
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Gameplay & Cheating?

Post by Berget-events » 02 Jul 2013, 08:50

How did you experience the general hit-taking and fairplay amongst the players you encounterd?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Re: Gameplay & Cheating?

Post by Hazardous » 02 Jul 2013, 15:26

I personally experienced a really good fair play this year, of course there is always some one that doesn't take the hit, but you need to remember to count in also the times the opposition doesn't notice they'r hit.
I'm really pleased with this years hit takes! :lol:
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 02 Jul 2013, 15:51

I didn´t touch a weapon during the whole game (unless the megaphone inside Iron Walls count as a weapoon in my hands). But I didn´t notice any problems with hit taking while staggering around in the middle of firefights.

But I noticed a real upswing in GM presence throughout the game. I believe that had a good impact on the behavior of the participants.
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 02 Jul 2013, 15:53

+1 for what Hazardous wrote
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 02 Jul 2013, 16:37

Being my first berget game, i was extremely pleased with this...
While i wasnt on the field much, we didnt hear many complaints at all at the HQ.

Excellent for the most part :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Kayco
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Kayco » 02 Jul 2013, 16:40

Not taking hits was everywhere on both sides, like every year not more, not less :P

GMs did a great job this year. They was friendly and bring the guys down, when the emotions to spill over.
Infield GMs in the units works fine.

The biggest problem this year was the safety distances.

Gentlemen, please keep an eye of your distances and speak with your teammates, when the show is running!!
The game area this year was spiteful from time to time and the adrenalin level was very high especially in the night hours, so be careful with you trigger finger when the enemy is just 3m far away from you.

The above message i want to give also to the respectful GCT Sniper Forces. You give us hell and most i have seen, was good fighters.
Its was amazing and fearsome to hear the sound of your oncoming BB with the assurance, i will never see you ;-)
But especially you guys have the biggest responsibility to be carefull with the safety distances.
Take your backup, when i run over you or say "bang"... Its better i shit me in my pants because the "forest" is talking to me instead i get a hematoma from your rifle again :wink:

Please keep on work this all!
B09: Poldavian 1st Mechanized Battalion
B10: Poldavian 21st Mechanized Battalion
B11: Blood Ravens
B14: Blue Armband

alecu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by alecu » 02 Jul 2013, 16:49

To Who May Concern

We walked all berget, and we have seen when looking for our goat Jamila, people who took the saftey glasses off, when told the guyz game is on you need to put your glasses on , almost everybody would look at us and turn away, at some point a guy told us, it was his eyes not ours?!? WTF?! it is our Berget also? we dont need shit & shiters like this? :wank:
B7 - NATO
B8 - NAF 23
B9 - NAF 6th Airborne
B10 - NAF 23rd Infantry Battalion
B11 - Taliban Tea Shop Owner
B12 - Taliban Inc.
--------------------
http://www.progear.ro

Rato

Post by Rato » 02 Jul 2013, 17:06

IMO hits were taken quite well but some players didnt care about minefield and just ran in the midle of it. :wink:
B11 - GCT SIDU

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 02 Jul 2013, 17:20

Well, rules on the minefield need a little clearing up (this has been noted in-game already):

The minefield works like this:
- If a GM sees you walking in the minefield, he will tell you that you are dead. In-game, you just stepped on a landmine at that moment.
- If there is no GM to see you, the in-game explanation is that you were lucky and side-stepped all mines in your path. It is theoretically possible to come through a real-life minefield without stepping on a single mine (trying is not recommended).

So it was not cheating if you went through the minefield and didn't get 'caught' by a 'mine' (=GM), it was an intended game mechanic. During the first hour fights, there was a large number of GMs present around the minefield, and a large number of players died in the minefield. After a while however, BE decided that so many mines had been stepped on that the minefield was growing thinner, and passing through became more possible, so they gradually withdrew their GMs.

Still, many players considered this version of "it's allowed if no one sees it" some sort of cheating still, and chose not to walk near the field. Therefore, there was a mission on GCT side at least for groups of engineers to clear a marked path through the minefield which could be crossed safely. Markings were tied in regular distances to show troops where they could tread without hitting a mine.

Before the final day assault on Saturday, a few engineer teams were sent out to remove the markings again, so the enemy could not use them when they attempted to get inside Guyana.

Unfortunately these rules weren't made clear enough to everyone before gamestart (commanders were only informed on-site how the field would work), so this may need some work.
Been here since B08... :)

Bananeman
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Bananeman » 02 Jul 2013, 18:24

For me a grand applause for the honest GTC-players.. I was with Blood Ravens, but didn't see anybody cheating. Not one single person..

Many thanks for your honest fair play. For me was this the first Berget- experience.

This was really a revelation, because I expected worse with so many players..

So thanks for the organisation, but certainly at all the honest players at both sides..

Bulldog-IL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bulldog-IL » 02 Jul 2013, 19:21

Sorry to say this but I've encountered some problems with the Italian GCT players.
One of them sprayed me from 5 meters with his primary weapon, and as i raised my hands shouting "hit" he sprayed me again. reported to GM.
Later on that day as we hit the GCT camp some of this dude team mates didn't take their hits.

Players using BAVS without launchers or strapped to the gun I saw one guy that attached it to his M-249. Hell, some of them showed up at the safe zone like that and nobody did anything about it.
The Brigade Team
B7 - NATO, INDIA Company, 2nd platoon
B11 - Blood \ Ravens Guerrillas, Code name Zulu
B12 - Ravens Guerrillas

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 02 Jul 2013, 19:52

Bulldog-IL wrote:Players using BAVS without launchers or strapped to the gun I saw one guy that attached it to his M-249. Hell, some of them showed up at the safe zone like that and nobody did anything about it.
I think it´s a tough call. If I ordered a 40mm BAVS grenade ang brought something to fire it with I would get very upset if the thing I payed for does not fit a regular 40mm weapon. I can really understand why people who have payed for the 40 mm grenade strap it to their weapon if it doesn´t fit the launcher.

I do understand that you might think it looks bad. But I honestly think that there are way more anoying things that occur way to often, e.g. deathrag wearing players clustering up like a huge obstacle in the middle of a firefight. :)
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

Bulldog-IL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bulldog-IL » 02 Jul 2013, 20:03

Trust me, there was no launcher attached to the M-249. And yes, that's only one example out of 4 different people i saw not using it withe any kind of launcher.
The Brigade Team
B7 - NATO, INDIA Company, 2nd platoon
B11 - Blood \ Ravens Guerrillas, Code name Zulu
B12 - Ravens Guerrillas

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 02 Jul 2013, 20:18

My humble solution to people who have launchers that won't accept BAVS 40mm. Launcher has to be attached to gun/launcher with tape or zipties or by any means possible if it does not fit.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 02 Jul 2013, 21:26

I second that idea - we had several reports of people firing the BAVS grenades from their bare hands as well.
I know it's not technically cheating because the rules don't state that you have to shoot from a gun (so you could throw BBs at your enemies and technically they still would have to take the hit), but I would argue common sense.

The solution of strapping the grenade to the outside of the launcher if it doesn't fit inside seems reasonable.
Been here since B08... :)