Question about magazines

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Question about magazines

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 24 Sep 2013, 21:06

I have a question about magazines. See, My gun is a Classic Army G3SG1. The only magazines that are available to me in Sweden are high caps of 500 rounds (I am unable to buy low caps for the weapon from overseas and all other retailers in Sweden as far as i know have either none in stock or removed them from their websites, Which means you can't buy them). But seeing as these are the only magazines available to me, Would i still be able to use them at Berget if i do not load more than 100 rounds? If so, Then how would it go down?

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Re: Question about magazines

Post by Rythm » 24 Sep 2013, 22:28

No.

The cap is 90 rounds. so if you fill up only 90 rounds, then yes. But why on earth cant you order from outside sweden? You underage or something?
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 24 Sep 2013, 23:17

Rythm wrote:No.

The cap is 90 rounds. so if you fill up only 90 rounds, then yes. But why on earth cant you order from outside sweden? You underage or something?
Nope. Primarily it is because I've had problems with ordering from overseas before and I never got my stuff. So it's not really that I can't order from outside of Sweden, I could. But as i said, I've had problems with it before so i generally don't buy stuff from overseas anymore. But it's good to hear that i can use the highcaps if i fill up only 90 rounds or less. :)

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 25 Sep 2013, 01:16

In general, all magazines must be lo-cap (no more than 100 rounds). There are no restrictions on the number of magazines you may carry. Highcaps and midcaps with capacity over 100 are strictly forbidden.
From B11 rules
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 25 Sep 2013, 07:36

L4gi wrote:
In general, all magazines must be lo-cap (no more than 100 rounds). There are no restrictions on the number of magazines you may carry. Highcaps and midcaps with capacity over 100 are strictly forbidden.
From B11 rules
Yeah i read them. But right underneath that it says that if one has a weapon where low caps are unavailable (Such as in my case), That's the exception so long as no more than the limit are loaded. So it should be fine so long as no more than 90 rounds are loaded, Right? I made this thread to get that part cleared up because there was also something about marking the mags with blue tape should they be
high caps.

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 25 Sep 2013, 09:42

Pretty sure it means for weapons which dont have any other mags being manufactured for said model. You can always send BE an email, though it might take for a while to get a reply. :)
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 25 Sep 2013, 23:15

If you don't already own mids/lows you probably shouldn't be coming as you will most likely be entirely unprepared for the Op.

My $0.02
Founder of Scimitar MILSIM Team

Berget History:
  • Berget 9 - Poldavian
    Berget 10 - Poldavian
    Berget 11 - GCT Taskforce

[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 26 Sep 2013, 08:38

Robin-Hood wrote:If you don't already own mids/lows you probably shouldn't be coming as you will most likely be entirely unprepared for the Op.

My $0.02
I have low caps for another gun (Namely the Classic Army M16/AR-15 variants, 68 rounds low cap), But not for this particular gun I am concerned about (The Classic Army G3SG1/SAR Taktik 2). There are very few retailers here in Sweden that sell low caps that work with the CA G3-variants and those that do are either "out of stock" and have been for months (Litteraly, I've checked once a week since March and none of the retailers have restocked on CA's G3 70 round low caps) or have had them in stock and then they have mysteriously "disappeared" from their websites. I guess I could order from overseas but I am quite uncomfortable with doing so. The fact that the low caps I seek just disappear off of the websites i check or never restock makes me think that the CA G3 low caps might not even be manufactured anymore. So there is my problem right there.

EDIT: I have checked around the internet some more and it seems like the actual gun itself might be discontinued. I guess i was lucky (I recently got the gun from a retailer that still had them in stock). Someone suggested that i send an email to BE about it, So that is probably what i will do.

Fly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fly » 27 Sep 2013, 12:51

JD airsoft in the UK has this rifle in stock.
May be you can ask them?

Also I found this helpful post about compatible mags: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=12686
Berget 12 - UNISEC DM/Sniper
Berget 13 - CERBERUS RECON & SABOTAGE
Berget 14 - UPIR Shadows (HQ security)
Berget 15 - UPIR Shadows ( cancelled due to personal reasons )
Opa, the combat machine

[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 27 Sep 2013, 16:00

Fly wrote:JD airsoft in the UK has this rifle in stock.
May be you can ask them?

Also I found this helpful post about compatible mags: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=12686
Thanks. I have sent an email to BE about my problem. Unfortunately none of the listed mags except for the CA mags are sold by swedish retailers and all are out of stock. The only other G3 mags i've found are King Arms G3-mags, But I've only been able to find their high cap mags. They fit the Marui G3's though, So they should be compatible with my rifle. But yeah, I've sent an email to BE about my problem and will report back when I've recieved a reply from them (May take a while).

fractured
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fractured » 01 Oct 2013, 08:53

Not to be an ass, but several of the swedish retailers would order them for you. Vapenbutiken for example, and I'm pretty sure strikerairsoft, garderoben and, well, most if not all of them, would gladly help you.
B6 UN, B7 SRP, B8 NAF, B11 GCT SIDU, B12 BoPo, B13 GCT 1:st inf, B14 NAF Inf, B16 UPIR inf, B17 GFM inf, B18 GFM inf, B19 Repa inf,

[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 02 Oct 2013, 17:44

fractured wrote:Not to be an ass, but several of the swedish retailers would order them for you. Vapenbutiken for example, and I'm pretty sure strikerairsoft, garderoben and, well, most if not all of them, would gladly help you.
As a matter of fact i did call Striker Airsoft and they said the reason why it says that their supplier is out of stock was because they have lost contact with them. But they did assure me that they will restock their inventory of low cap g3 mags later. :)

M.Svensson
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by M.Svensson » 06 Oct 2013, 22:29

As a person that went to berget last year with too big magazines I can say that at check in they told me not to load more bullets than allowed. It's all about good sportsmanship in the end not how many bullets a magazine CAN fit.
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU, GOLF
Berget 12 - GCT 9th SF infantry, ECHO
Berget 13 - GCT Special Parachute Infantry, ALPHA

[JR]Guzzo[SWE]
Private
Private

Post by [JR]Guzzo[SWE] » 07 Oct 2013, 11:17

M.Svensson wrote:As a person that went to berget last year with too big magazines I can say that at check in they told me not to load more bullets than allowed. It's all about good sportsmanship in the end not how many bullets a magazine CAN fit.
Thank you for the answer. I should be okay in that case then. I will however keep looking for alternative magazines. But if that fails I know what to do. :)

Moskus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Moskus » 12 Oct 2013, 01:41

Hello.

This i didn't know in what thred to ask this question so i guess this is as good as any thred to ask what may be a stupid question, so here goes.
Whats the rules regarding grenade launcher shells that fires a "rubber head" (lol) instead of BB's?
B11 GCT SIDU.
B12 Ravens Guerillas.
B13 IKAROS Minerva.
B14 UPIR Shadows.
B15 UPIR Infantery.
B16 UPIR Anti Tank Infantery.
B17 GFM Infantery