Suggestion box:

This is the current rules translated into your language. Feel free to post or comment a translation here.
DimRah
Newbee
Newbee

Re: Suggestion box:

Post by DimRah » 17 Oct 2014, 00:09

Bersu wrote:"Semi-snipers PSG-1, Dragunov, Cheytac, Barret and all 50.cal semisniper are allowed to be tuned up to class 6."

Why is Dragunov included in that category, when SR-25 is not? Does not make sense to me. They are pretty equal in real life performance and weapon size, so what is the logic here? With current rules there is no sense in carrying SR-25, when you can rock SPR style M4 with equal power.
I second that!
It doesn't make any sense.

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 18 Oct 2014, 15:28

DimRah wrote:
Bersu wrote:"Semi-snipers PSG-1, Dragunov, Cheytac, Barret and all 50.cal semisniper are allowed to be tuned up to class 6."

Why is Dragunov included in that category, when SR-25 is not? Does not make sense to me. They are pretty equal in real life performance and weapon size, so what is the logic here? With current rules there is no sense in carrying SR-25, when you can rock SPR style M4 with equal power.
I second that!
It doesn't make any sense.
3rd! SR-25 should definitely be in that category!
Founder of Scimitar MILSIM Team

Berget History:
  • Berget 9 - Poldavian
    Berget 10 - Poldavian
    Berget 11 - GCT Taskforce

baracken
Corporal
Corporal

Post by baracken » 18 Oct 2014, 16:46

From the FAQ, can't remember how to quote
Q: Why can I not tune my M14 / SR-25 to class 6 semisniper (151 to 160 m/s) </b><br /><br />During past years, our experience with semi snipers is bad. It became even worse when players started to use the systema PTW & later SR-25 as semi snipers and suddenly you had 10-15 % of players as semisnipers shooting 3.5 bbs/second tuned to class 6. Lots of complaints, injures, argues and problems to GM and Crew. <br /><br />We want to reward those who have chosen the path of bolt action snipers since semi snipers are all to often shooting like auto (even they are semi though). There is no recoil in airsoft, and semi snipers with class 6 is too powerful and can outrange most guns in the game. The heavier and clumsier guns like Barret/Druganov/Cheytac/PSG-1 is allowed to class 6 to give some kind of bonus for dragging around those big guns.<br/>

Snygg
Private
Private

Post by Snygg » 18 Oct 2014, 19:59

The SR25/M110 is literally a more modern and westernized Dragunov. Its weight and length doesnt differ *that* much from the SVD. Not enough so that you can say an SVD is more like a Barret M107, and hence should be in the same category as each other and exclude the SR25. An SR25 is just as similar to a Barret as the SVD, which isnt that similar to a Barret to begin with.

This is purely a restriction on aesthetics and does not make any "real" sense at all.

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 18 Oct 2014, 20:14

Snygg wrote:The SR25/M110 is literally a more modern and westernized Dragunov. Its weight and length doesnt differ *that* much from the SVD. Not enough so that you can say an SVD is more like a Barret M107, and hence should be in the same category as each other and exclude the SR25. An SR25 is just as similar to a Barret as the SVD, which isnt that similar to a Barret to begin with.

This is purely a restriction on aesthetics and does not make any "real" sense at all.
2nd that, man! I've held a very light cheap SVD in my hands, not at all bulky and difficult to carry around. Ofcourse only full length SR-25 rifles would be included. There is carbine versions too and you can rule them out. If you are thinking that this is a problem, well think that players can cut dragunov barrels too. Are you gonna allow that?
It became even worse when players started to use the systema PTW & later SR-25 as semi snipers and suddenly you had 10-15 % of players as semisnipers shooting 3.5 bbs/second tuned to class 6. Lots of complaints, injures, argues and problems to GM and Crew.

We want to reward those who have chosen the path of bolt action snipers since semi snipers are all to often shooting like auto (even they are semi though). There is no recoil in airsoft, and semi snipers with class 6 is too powerful and can outrange most guns in the game. The heavier and clumsier guns like Barret/Druganov/Cheytac/PSG-1 is allowed to class 6 to give some kind of bonus for dragging around those big guns.
I can understand the PTW M4 SPR restriction, but SR-25 PTW's and Polarstar are much rarer and SR-25 is a bulky gun. Regular AEG SR-25 can be good too, but requires extensive upgrading and so any good SR-25 is not worth the trouble if its not class 6, due to weapon weight and bulkiness.

Also 10% players having a DMR is not that bad or unrealistic. 1 in 10 player DMR? Sounds pretty realistic to me.

I would also make the argument that if the regular DMR's can only be upgraded to 140m/s when MG's are 140m/s, the advantage from airsoft perspective to play with DMR is pretty much zero. You can make MG's as accurate as any other rifle with r-hop and good barrel and if there is no difference in power the DMR is worthless when you can spray thousands of rounds with MG. There is no recoil with MG's either. Especially when you can fit polarstar fusion engine to MG's, you can make them as accurate as DMR's in every way.

My suggestion:
Make regular DMR's class 5 and heavy DMR's class 6. Include SR-25 in heavy DMR class 6 category. That way it would make sense to have a western style DMR.

At the very least allow heavy weight bb's to regular DMR's and include SR-25 to heavy category.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

DimRah
Newbee
Newbee

Post by DimRah » 20 Oct 2014, 00:28

Another thing, as far as I know.
Players that coming to this event each year are coming with SUPER DUPER MODIFIED guns, and can reach 100+m range without any problem.

Modifying my M110 to 140m/s isn't worth it's while, because the max range I'm gonna achieve with it is like 60-65m like a M4 with 130m/s. With well modified m110 to 160m/s I can reach the 80m mark. That's enough for me.

So, it's kinda unfair for us SR-25/M110 users.

Please consider this with logic. thank you!

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 20 Oct 2014, 16:38

So you want more power because you can't figure out how to install a good hopup?

That said, there's no reason why an SR-25 shouldn't be as powerful as an SVD or PSG-1.

As for Bersu's MG-argument:
An MG (a real one that can be class 4, not an LMG) is a big, heavy beast. Even a big DMR like an SR-25 is lighter, smaller and easier to carry. That's its advantage over the MG.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 20 Oct 2014, 21:08

DimRah wrote:Another thing, as far as I know.
Players that coming to this event each year are coming with SUPER DUPER MODIFIED guns, and can reach 100+m range without any problem.

Modifying my M110 to 140m/s isn't worth it's while, because the max range I'm gonna achieve with it is like 60-65m like a M4 with 130m/s. With well modified m110 to 160m/s I can reach the 80m mark. That's enough for me.

So, it's kinda unfair for us SR-25/M110 users.

Please consider this with logic. thank you!
2nd That! Although I must agree with Panzergraf; you should easily get 100m range with 160m/s powered rifle. Even with 140m/s powered rifle with r-hop.
Panzergraf wrote: An MG (a real one that can be class 4, not an LMG) is a big, heavy beast. Even a big DMR like an SR-25 is lighter, smaller and easier to carry. That's its advantage over the MG.
Well, M249 SAW and RPK are both approved in the class 4 category and both are available or can be modified with light plastic bodies (or atleast used to be, meaning there still are some in use and can be seen). So there goes that, if the player really wants it bad enough. I agree that some of the heavier MG's listed are bulkier than SR-25. I also acknowledge that some of those MG's are great in real steel too and rival SR-25 in performance (same round, maybe range), if not accuracy. So the power bit is justified somewhat from realism standpoint.

That is why atleast heavier BB's should be allowed for all DMR's for greater accuracy and the SR-25 in class 6 is really justified as long as dragunov remains there too.

I really would like to Berget Events to pay notice to this conversation and say something.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

baracken
Corporal
Corporal

Post by baracken » 22 Oct 2014, 13:34

You should sell mre:s in the shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 17 Nov 2014, 23:58

We need the call on the high db level CO2 grenades, as discussed in the game topic.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Vaksai
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Vaksai » 18 Nov 2014, 15:25

If the only difference in class restrictions for DMR is weight, then M14 EBRs should be class 6. It weighs 7-8 kg kitted, a svd-s weighs half that...
B12: Border Police
B13: Ikaros - Minerva
B14: NAF - Infantry
B15: NAF - Infantry

Jakobsson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Jakobsson » 18 Nov 2014, 23:55

1...............Civilian Vehicles ...............1 hitpoint
2...............Reconnaissance Vehicles .........1 hitpoint
3...............Armoured Personnel Carrier.......2 hitpoints
4a...........Light Armoured Fighting Vechile....3 hitpoints
4b...............Heavy Armoured Fighting Vehicle........4 hitpoints
5...............Armoured Tanks...................5. Hitpoints
6...............Command Vehicle..................4. Hitpoints

Promote those ho spend time and money to build nice up armored vehicles and develops the Game.
The system to divide vehicles in each group already exist, (By sending picture and info to Bergetcrew).

Wait to finish the rules before testing Bavs 3.0 is done.

The way to destroy a armoured vehicle should be by bavs and not by shooting a painfull amount of bb:s to the head of the turrent shooter(Dont nerf the turrents, make the bavs better instead do to the risk of injuries by making the head the only target).
Operation crossroads 2007
Berget 12: PMC Mech
Berget 13: Ikaros, Hermes QRF

nightstalker
Newbee
Newbee

Post by nightstalker » 09 Feb 2015, 08:23

Since there is bolt-action versions of for instance the SvD, they would be allowed to be class 6 or even 8 right? to promote the use of bolt action.

I also understand the nerfing that they now did to the SvD, to prevent 3,5 bb's per sec firing @ 160 ms. as for MG's we use 0,20 - 0,28 bb's in a mix to expand the spread in our MG, since it is a supressing weapon and no accuracy rifle.

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.}
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} » 09 Feb 2015, 09:01

nightstalker wrote:Since there is bolt-action versions of for instance the SvD, they would be allowed to be class 6 or even 8 right? to promote the use of bolt action.

I also understand the nerfing that they now did to the SvD, to prevent 3,5 bb's per sec firing @ 160 ms. as for MG's we use 0,20 - 0,28 bb's in a mix to expand the spread in our MG, since it is a supressing weapon and no accuracy rifle.
+1
the same question...

With SVD AEG - I understood, it goes to class-3, ok then.
But what about SVD bolt-action... I guess it could be tuned up to 5-6 class?
BERGET-10 Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
BERGET-11 Privatе Mining Company
BERGET-12 General Orlov PMC
BERGET-13 IKORP CERBER.RUS

Sgt._Shaw
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sgt._Shaw » 09 Feb 2015, 14:58

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} wrote:
nightstalker wrote:Since there is bolt-action versions of for instance the SvD, they would be allowed to be class 6 or even 8 right? to promote the use of bolt action.

+1
the same question...

With SVD AEG - I understood, it goes to class-3, ok then.
But what about SVD bolt-action... I guess it could be tuned up to 5-6 class?
Question: is it really a "bolt-action" or just a spring-powered rifle? Because that would not be the same. A SVD is, in real-steel, a gas-operated, semi-automatic rifle. If we speak of bolt-action that would mean you got something like a M40, L96 and others - to be short, actual bolt-action rifles. If berget decides to allow spring operated stuff, that's for them to decide, BUT as for now i would say no, it is not a bolt-action so it can't be tuned like one.
Berget 10: NAF 2nd Mech- Scout/Bv 206-Crew (Odin coy)
Berget 11: GCT Mechanized, Direwolf 1 - RATELO (D-1-2)
Berget 12: PMC Mechanized, Lockpick, Bv-206 RATELO and 2IC
Berget 13: GCT Mechanized, Lockpick-Coy: 2IC and RATELO
Berget 15: UPIR Heavy Mechanized, PBV Mech-Inf, AT and 2IC