UPIR Heavy Weapons & Demolition Unit - Q&A and info

General information about our next game summer 2016.
FURBY
Newbee
Newbee

UPIR Heavy Weapons & Demolition Unit - Q&A and info

Post by FURBY » 02 Nov 2016, 23:06

"It's time to blow shit up!" :wink:

Hello everyone!
I hope you guys are excited as i am for this Berget 15, because it seems as it might be something different that what we have seen. :D

This year, me and a friend have decided to go on the Upir Demo group, but we where wondering about the tools need. So if you are looking forward to join in this group and you have other Q about it, post it! i might have skiped it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Unit requirements: Helmet is required and a small toolkit as an add on to the uniform. The toolkit must contain a small shovel, a saw, rope and a wirecutter. Will be required to manufacture some props pre-game like mines and TNT charges. BE will send specs and blueprints. "

Q: How big or small the shovel will have to be? Because we have sizes from a gardener's hand foldable shovel that can fit in one hand up to regular big size shovels. I believe that what the crew might had in mind was something like a regular army shovel style? (if you can facilitate pics on what you reffer, perfect :D )
Saw, If it's just a wire saw or has to be a propper medium to big size saw. or even if its a foldable one?
Rope, will just using paracord will work or it has to be a stronger and bigger diameter of the rope? How many meters minimum/max?
Wirecutter, again, regular hardware store style (bomb defusing style) or one that is as big as your finger?

Because, if there is no more specific explanation with this, you could go with a multitool that has everything but the shovel. Or even better! With a chinesee shovel! You can do everything with it....... but i feel it might make loose the "LARP" thing for the props.

Here are a few suggestions from my side where they keep the stetics of a engenieer loadout yet are lightweith.

Shovel =
Regular army standar try fold shovel, keep it simple yet in the role. You can find them everywhere and arent expensive

Saw:
Gerber Freescape Camp Saw, foldable, lightweith yet able to have a decent size when deployed. (user decision to go with this specific version)

Rope:
(9mm) Medium size rope style, not too fat, not too thing, it gives just the right look for a decent and sturdy rope (also functional! :D ) That you can just attach on the side of a mini map backpack.
((( You can find them on ebay cheap for 10$ aprox, example
https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Foot-Rope-B ... words=rope)))

Wirecutter:
Hardware store wirecutter, nothing fancy but it works.

For the props..... i'm waiting to see the blueprints, but i guess it might be something cool! :D

Overall, i think its going to be fun to go around the combatzone while doind something else, repairing or setting up charges :D So sad we can not use pyros..... :/ ..... but how about using thunder Bs co2 grenades for the charges? :D that could be something, sound is a big thing, specially if you wanna blowout something instead of (oh, ok, it's destroyed now.)
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
Size comparison
maxresdefault.jpg (86.88 KiB) Viewed 16166 times
gerber-saw.jpg
Foldable Saw
gerber-saw.jpg (156.42 KiB) Viewed 16166 times
23-tri-fold-shovel-pick-fold-out-pick-design-w-case-1.gif.jpg
Tri fold Shovel
23-tri-fold-shovel-pick-fold-out-pick-design-w-case-1.gif.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 16166 times
"Engenier FTW"
"Gotta BOOM them all!" :lol:

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: UPIR Heavy Weapons & Demolition Unit - Q&A and info

Post by Berget-events » 03 Nov 2016, 05:47

Good points here.

The tools required is not for appearance, you will use them for actual field work & missions. Setting upp "road obstacles" placing mines & IED´s and building defenses. Therefore bring "practical tools" that you can work with.

There will be some "special missions",and this unit will get access to both pyro and smoke. (Not ok to bring your own, will be provided by Berget)

Regarding props. There will for example be blueprints for "boobietrapped" beeping vehicle-mines that "kills" the engineer trying to remove them if he/she is not careful.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

isse
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by isse » 05 Nov 2016, 10:47

regarding the helmet. do you must have kevlar type helmet or does anything on the head work like a bump helmet or even an old soviet tanker "helmet"?

i have a bump helmet but want to know if i need to buy a new one... becouse i refuse to use my 14th century knight suggar-loaf helmet :P
Berget 11: HVIU Operator
Berget 12: UNISEC, Squad Blackbeard
Berget 13: Demeter Research Division XO
Berget 14: ?

Seventh
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Seventh » 22 Nov 2016, 15:11

It's to my understanding that everything besides your "outer-layer" (uniform) Is your choice, so if you want to meet up in your soviet tanker helmet and your pink crocs that is YOUR choice. :D

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 22 Nov 2016, 16:26

There will be more info about the requirements of this unit coming.. Eh.. Soon :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 05 Dec 2016, 20:06

isse wrote:regarding the helmet. do you must have kevlar type helmet or does anything on the head work like a bump helmet or even an old soviet tanker "helmet"?

i have a bump helmet but want to know if i need to buy a new one... becouse i refuse to use my 14th century knight suggar-loaf helmet :P
The helmet need to be a military Kevlar-style helmet, you will work with explosives etc.

basically, Picture yourself as Hurt Locker type bomb defuser , and not Bob the builder ;)

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 08 Mar 2017, 20:57

I got a follow up question regarding the tools:

How is this tool-kid-rule to be understood?
We plan to come with a vehicle to support our HWD Squad, would it still be ok, to bring a "real" normal sized shovel, Axe, Saw etc. and keep it on the car, or is the look of a HWD Soldier with a tool kid required?
B12/ Orlvov Mercs/ Echo/ Robin-3
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

I like big BAVS and I cannot lie...

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 09 Mar 2017, 13:03

Corni wrote:I got a follow up question regarding the tools:

How is this tool-kid-rule to be understood?
We plan to come with a vehicle to support our HWD Squad, would it still be ok, to bring a "real" normal sized shovel, Axe, Saw etc. and keep it on the car, or is the look of a HWD Soldier with a tool kid required?
Hello Corni,

1. Only Heavy Vechicles are allowed in UPIR teams, you need to *MAKE SURE* That you get any vehicle approved by berget-events before you make such plans. Email info@berget-events.com with information about what kind of vehicle you want to bring and to what team, but you need to have a good reason to bring vehicle to UPIR to get it approved.

2. The reason for the tool-kit-rule is twofold. Primarily, the ability you have to destroy and rebuild fortifications is powerful, so unlike medics who only need no-weight bandages, we want to make the powerfulness come with a cost of actually carrying required tools around. ( You will NEED to have tools in your hands to repair/Rebuild/Destroy )
Also, secondarily, you need to be Visially identifyable as more than a normal Engineer to the enemy so they can take you out ( hehe ).

So in short, bring a large shovel if you want to carry it around, i do NOT recommend it, but you need to look like a "HWD" Soldier indeed.

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 09 Mar 2017, 22:02

So to be clear here, when we block a road or build anything there won't actual work be involved, just a HWD-Unit standing arround and looking cool with their tools until GM says "ok the Road is now blocked"?

About the vehicle thing: As I understood the unit description, HWD is the only UPIR unit that can bring class 3 vehicles to the game. (I don't know how shadows and PsyOps is handled regarding this either)
UPIR Inf description clearly says "This unit is not allowed to bring vehicles"
and the Iron Skulls of course have the class 5 rule

But that was more or less my interpretation. I figure you probably have more insight here than me.
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 09 Mar 2017, 22:56

Corni wrote:So to be clear here, when we block a road or build anything there won't actual work be involved, just a HWD-Unit standing arround and looking cool with their tools until GM says "ok the Road is now blocked"?
Yes. As per usual, players should not dig or destroy the enviroment in any way shape or form unless allowed by GM/Staff.
It would be more like your commander will want to blow up XX. He will need 4 normal engineers for 1 hour on the location to destroy it, OR , 2 HWD Engineers for 30 minutes ( JUST EXAMPLES, These numbers are in no way shape or form accurate ). But there will be things you actually need to do, like defuse IEDs and mines... The tools for this will be brought by BE.

Corni wrote: About the vehicle thing: As I understood the unit description, HWD is the only UPIR unit that can bring class 3 vehicles to the game. (I don't know how shadows and PsyOps is handled regarding this either)
UPIR Inf description clearly says "This unit is not allowed to bring vehicles"
and the Iron Skulls of course have the class 5 rule

But that was more or less my interpretation. I figure you probably have more insight here than me.
Entire UPIR are mostly limited to class 5's , few numbers but extremely powerful ( And that is why UPIR have you guys, NAF Doesnt have anything equal. ).
Exceptions are made, and that is why i am telling you to get it approved thru email before you go crazy with the planning :)

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 10 Mar 2017, 06:36

Thanks Arradin for clarifying

The following statement brought me to think, that we actually had to work with the tools.
Berget-events wrote:Good points here.

The tools required is not for appearance, you will use them for actual field work & missions. Setting upp "road obstacles" placing mines & IED´s and building defenses. Therefore bring "practical tools" that you can work with.
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 10 Mar 2017, 10:11

Corni wrote:Thanks Arradin for clarifying

The following statement brought me to think, that we actually had to work with the tools.
Berget-events wrote:Good points here.

Yes, that is correct, which is why i said " with GM Permission " , because there will be mission requiring tools. Just dont want people to go around ruining the enviroment for no reason :)

FURBY
Newbee
Newbee

Post by FURBY » 15 Mar 2017, 10:56

"Gotta boom them all!" :lol:

Another Question, regarding the blueprints. When are we gonna get them so we can start to build them?
"Engenier FTW"
"Gotta BOOM them all!" :lol:

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 15 Mar 2017, 11:31

FURBY wrote:"Gotta boom them all!" :lol:

Another Question, regarding the blueprints. When are we gonna get them so we can start to build them?
More info in the Team forums! :)