Rule Suggestions

General information about our next game summer 2016.
M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Rule Suggestions

Post by M.Koho » 12 Jan 2017, 18:40

As I am little bored at the moment I would like to bring something up to discussion:

Semisniper/DMR rules: there is only really thin margin on full auto and DMR weapons considering power limit, pretty much only 0,3 joules that in use transfer into only very small growth of range, usually around 5 meters that as far as I think pretty much nothing considered usual engagement distances. DMR weapons are like full auto weapons limited to 0.30g BBs, so DMR user can not really grow their range by using heavier BBs either. Also semi snipers are limited to only 30 BBs per magazine versus full-auto guns are allowed to have 100 BBs and support weapons even more. Support weapons also have the same muzzle power limits that DMRs have, so they can be made to be as powerful, pretty much as accurate, have the same range, and still be only little clumsier. All in all it's fare to say, I think, that game rules don't support semi sniper at all.

What I would do, is to give some more to semi snipers in one, maximum of two, of these three fields. Maybe allow them to have output power of 2.2 joules or give these right to use heavier BBs (up to 0.36g maybe?) or up the magazine capacity for DMRs let's say 50 BBs. Given the power, they would have longer range than full auto weapons, given the heavier BBs they would be significantly more accurate than full auto sticks or given bigger magazine capacity they would be able to give some what more accurate and little more powerful fire than full autos for reasonable period of time. These small, but somewhat significant, changes would make the DMR standout more from the mass off assault rifles, heavy weapons and bolt actions without making them too powerful.

Maybe it's too late for Berget 15 but I'd still consider this for Berget 16 and so on. I also made the headline to say "Rule Suggestions" for it to be vague enough for other discussion about rules if people have something else to bring up.

And just to be clear: I mean the samething (SVDs, SR-25s etc.) when I say "semi sniper" or DMR. I also something invested in this matter as I have a little semi sniper project going on. More of that in the field if I get it ready.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Rule Suggestions

Post by Berget-events » 13 Jan 2017, 07:44

From veterans corner.

During past years, our experience with semi snipers is bad. It became even worse when players started to use the systema PTW as semi snipers and suddenly you had 10-15 % of players as semisnipers shooting 3.5 bbs/second tuned to class 6. Lots of complaints, argues and problems to GM and Crew.

We want to reward those who have chosen the path of bolt action snipers since semi snipers are all to often shooting like auto (even they are semi though). Since there is no recoil in airsoft a semi sniper with class 6 is too powerful and can outrange most guns in the game. The heaver and clumsier guns like barret is allowed to class 6 to give some kind of bonus for dragging around those big guns.

- Best regards Berget Crew
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Spof » 13 Jan 2017, 07:47

If ROF (Rate of fire) could be locked to like 1 shot per two seconds it could work. But that would be technically impossible for most guns.
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 13 Jan 2017, 08:37

I totally forgot the PTW problem, they are really not that common in Finland. HPAs should be just as easy to use in exploiting semi sniper rules.

Anyways, I would still either take PTWs (and maybe HPAs) out of the semi sniper class and give semi snipers some of the improvements I made on first post or to keep it simple give semi snipers only the heavier BBs. Heavier BBs don't give that much to exploiters, merely just to make using semi sniper little bit more practical. One could also limit heavier weight BBs to a weapon type or operating principle.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Magne
Private
Private

Post by Magne » 13 Jan 2017, 15:42

@spof - For all Wolverine hpa owners there is a built in function (2 sec delay) in the FCU for such reasons as DMR, however it will make it necessary to make the battery/fcu connector tamper proof with some tamper tape etc due to the fact that the function is trigger programmed.
Thor Company
Berget 11: Raven - Thor C
Berget 12: Raven - Thor C
Berget 13: Ikaros - (XO) Hermes TRANSPORT & QRF - Thor C
Berget 14: UPIR Mech - Thor C
Berget 15: UPIR Iron Skulls - Thor C
Berget 16: Mercs - Thor C
Berget 17: GFM Mech - Thor C
Berget 18: TBD - Thor C

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 13 Jan 2017, 22:37

Instead of doing this, Berget Events should get rid of the chroning with meters per second chroning that is outdated. Just chrone in joules already, will make the event much safer than allowing people to "cheat" the chrono with tech tricks.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 14 Jan 2017, 01:57

L4gi wrote:Instead of doing this, Berget Events should get rid of the chroning with meters per second chroning that is outdated. Just chrone in joules already, will make the event much safer than allowing people to "cheat" the chrono with tech tricks.
I don't want to be a smartass here, but technically a chronometer can only measure speed ergo fps or m/s.
So as long as players don't use the wrong BBs for chroning it really doesn't matter.

Greez Corni
B12/ Orlvov Mercs/ Echo/ Robin-3
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

I like big BAVS and I cannot lie...

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 14 Jan 2017, 09:30

Not entirely true, there is a certain Joule creep effect with certain HPA systems, where a heavier bb receives more initial energy than a lighter bb would.
Measuring in Joules would require the input of the player's desired bb weight, and ofc his/her honesty about the matter.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 14 Jan 2017, 15:52

vinni wrote:Not entirely true, there is a certain Joule creep effect with certain HPA systems, where a heavier bb receives more initial energy than a lighter bb would.
Measuring in Joules would require the input of the player's desired bb weight, and ofc his/her honesty about the matter.
so back to square one really :?
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 14 Jan 2017, 21:35

Corni, also certain barrel/piston combos allow you to joule creep "normal" guns aswell, but its most evident in HPA systems.

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 15 Jan 2017, 01:09

Nobody asked for this, but let me geek out on this one.

The Chrony measures the time a BB spends between two photo sensors wich are arranged in a certain distance and therefor it only measures speed.
The calculation into joul is only a theoretical value.
To include joulecreep while chroning you would need to measure every gun with the BBs that will be used at the game later (or at least BBs of the same weight).

Granted if you present the limits in fps/ms you would need to break it down for every weight players bring to the game. Whereas the joul value never changes. And yes that would be simpler.

The real problem is the effort of chroning every gun of every player with the BB weight that he uses in game afterwards and of course every player being honest about it and even knowing their setup.

Long story short, as long as all guns continuously will be chroned with 0.20g BBs it doesn't matter.

Greez Corni

(I hope you can understand what I tried to explain, enlish is not my first language)
B12/ Orlvov Mercs/ Echo/ Robin-3
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

I like big BAVS and I cannot lie...

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 15 Jan 2017, 10:15

Corni, you are right. The chroning SHOULD be done with players own BB's, with the BB's players actually use in field. The system now sucks since at least my guns chrono totally different values with BE provided 0.2g BB's, than it chronoes with the BB's I actually use.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 15 Jan 2017, 13:14

Windi^ wrote:Corni, you are right. The chroning SHOULD be done with players own BB's, with the BB's players actually use in field. The system now sucks since at least my guns chrono totally different values with BE provided 0.2g BB's, than it chronoes with the BB's I actually use.
That's exactly the point why all chrono with .20 BB's :)
Otherwise we would have a list that would look something like:
Class 3 @ .20 .......... 129m/s (1.6J)
Class 3 @ .25 .......... 111m/s (1.6J)
Class 3 @ .28 .......... 103m/s (1.6J)
(these numbers are just shot from my hip, not actual measurements)

The point is that it doesn't matter what weight you use, restrictions are the same never the less :P
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 15 Jan 2017, 21:00

But its not the same.

Gun A) Shoots 130m/s with 0.2g Berget BB. Player uses BB .30, but since his gun uses all the air properly in the system, or has a really long barrel or something, his gun shoots 2 joules(just as an example, not actual scientific numbers). Guy knows how to "tech" past the rules, as people do a lot.

Gun B) Shoots 130m/s with 0.2g Berget BB. Player uses BB .30, but since his gun doesnt use the air as efficiently as Gun A, his gat only comes in at 1.6 joules with .30.

This is how you get the problems with people shooting with "hot guns". They technically arent, but in reality one gun can have a much higher impact energy than the other. Wouldnt it be safer to chrono everything in joules then, so that everyone(atleast most people who play fair) are on the same page, and you can clearly see when someone breaks the MED for example.

Satela
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Satela » 16 Jan 2017, 10:40

Last year the chroning was a total f*ck up. The BBs used in chroning were 0,25 but just 1 out of the 3 crewmembers understood how to actually use the chrono and how to compare the results to the velocitylimits given for 0,2 BBs. The other 2 crewmembers didn't have a clue of what they were doing.

I strongly support the idea of chroning with players' own BBs and using muzzle-energy limits instead of muzzlevelocity, but first BE has to find people who know how to use chronos to do the chroning...
B7 - B16