Info for Berget 17?

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
User avatar
Bilbo
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
Posts: 25
Joined: 11 Mar 2007, 23:23
Location: Örnsköldsvik

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Bilbo » 21 Oct 2018, 20:07

New page is online!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 160
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 18:28
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by M.Koho » 21 Oct 2018, 20:28

Finnish camos are in guerillas, any plans to move it to blue/TFC where it has been for a few years before last year?
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC

Panzergraf
Major
Major
Posts: 641
Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Panzergraf » 21 Oct 2018, 20:32

Noticed some weird things in the camo rules that don't really make sense:
Tropentarn (3-color desert flecktarn) is on the Red side, though it would fit better on the Blue side, as they have similar desert-lik camos on that team, like Vegetato and stuff.

And Marpat and Digital Woodland is on the Blue side, though it would fit better on the Red side, which has similar looking camos - such as Flecktarn.

IMHO Tropentarn should be moved to the Blue side, and Marpat/Digi-Woodland should be moved to the Red side.
I've mentioned this in previous camo threads over the years.
Veteran of 11 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B17 - Red Mech

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 693
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 21 Oct 2018, 20:38

CAMO's are exactly the same as last year, and are used as a balance tool.

We will review it further if we get specific feedback ( Such as finbat camo ), but it will only be changed if it helps balance - not so much about making sense im afraid.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

Panzergraf
Major
Major
Posts: 641
Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Panzergraf » 21 Oct 2018, 20:50

Swapping Tropentard to Blue and Marpat/Digi-woodland to Red would not hurt balance too much, I think. Neither are very common uniforms at Berget, from what I've seen.

Having Tropentarn on the Blue side would give players who want to play in German gear a valid uniform option for that side, as they can just combine their existing vests, guns and headgear with a Tropentarn uniform.
Same with Marpat on the Red side and people wanting to use modern US kits.

And first and foremost it would make both sides look more unified, without "odd man out" desert uniforms on the otherwise dark woodland Red side, and dark woodland uniforms on the otherwise light green/desert Blue side.

I know I don't make the rules, but it's what I would do :)
Veteran of 11 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B17 - Red Mech

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 693
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 21 Oct 2018, 20:53

Panzergraf wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 20:50
Swapping Tropentard to Blue and Marpat/Digi-woodland to Red would not hurt balance too much, I think. Neither are very common uniforms at Berget, from what I've seen.

Having Tropentarn on the Blue side would give players who want to play in German gear a valid uniform option for that side, as they can just combine their existing vests, guns and headgear with a Tropentarn uniform.
Same with Marpat on the Red side and people wanting to use modern US kits.

And first and foremost it would make both sides look more unified, without "odd man out" desert uniforms on the otherwise dark woodland Red side, and dark woodland uniforms on the otherwise light green/desert Blue side.

I know I don't make the rules, but it's what I would do :)
Thanks for the feedback!
Will pass it along ( Just waiting for more feedback over the next week )
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 53
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 21:26
Location: Finland

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by BigDane » 21 Oct 2018, 21:10

Arradin wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 20:38
CAMO's are exactly the same as last year, and are used as a balance tool.

We will review it further if we get specific feedback ( Such as finbat camo ), but it will only be changed if it helps balance - not so much about making sense im afraid.
Pls make decision about m05/m91 before ticket release and dont change it afterwards! There are lot of teams that dont want to play with Finbat!
S.R.A.P.E

Panzergraf
Major
Major
Posts: 641
Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Panzergraf » 21 Oct 2018, 21:17

Arradin wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 20:53
Thanks for the feedback!
Will pass it along ( Just waiting for more feedback over the next week )
Thanks! And do pass along that I actually think you guys do a good job organizing this, even if it probably seems like I'm whining and complaining a lot on the forum every year :)
Veteran of 11 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B17 - Red Mech

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 19:55
Location: Stockholm

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arginj » 22 Oct 2018, 12:37

Reading about the mechanized unit for General Fuentes Militia it says “Cars need to be OD, Green, Desert or Black. Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.“

Does this mean that non-armed class 1 vehicles are not allowed in this group? Please clarify.
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

User avatar
Bilbo
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
Posts: 25
Joined: 11 Mar 2007, 23:23
Location: Örnsköldsvik

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Bilbo » 22 Oct 2018, 15:09

Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Reading about the mechanized unit for General Fuentes Militia it says “Cars need to be OD, Green, Desert or Black. Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.“

Does this mean that non-armed class 1 vehicles are not allowed in this group? Please clarify.
Cars can be class 1 but need to follow the specifications regarding color, turrets and weapons. Remember to check rules regarding class 1 vehicles and mounted weapons.

(Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, there can only be a front protective plate, MAX 90° protection. Protection plate is not mandatory. No other requirements.)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 19:55
Location: Stockholm

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arginj » 22 Oct 2018, 15:20

Bilbo wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:09
Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Reading about the mechanized unit for General Fuentes Militia it says “Cars need to be OD, Green, Desert or Black. Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.“

Does this mean that non-armed class 1 vehicles are not allowed in this group? Please clarify.
Cars can be class 1 but need to follow the specifications regarding color, turrets and weapons. Remember to check rules regarding class 1 vehicles and mounted weapons.

(Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, there can only be a front protective plate, MAX 90° protection. Protection plate is not mandatory. No other requirements.)
So, in theory this mean that you force people that have a car but no weapon on it to play as Scorpions even though they don’t want to LARP?
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

User avatar
Bilbo
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
Posts: 25
Joined: 11 Mar 2007, 23:23
Location: Örnsköldsvik

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Bilbo » 22 Oct 2018, 15:36

Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:20
Bilbo wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:09
Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Reading about the mechanized unit for General Fuentes Militia it says “Cars need to be OD, Green, Desert or Black. Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.“

Does this mean that non-armed class 1 vehicles are not allowed in this group? Please clarify.
Cars can be class 1 but need to follow the specifications regarding color, turrets and weapons. Remember to check rules regarding class 1 vehicles and mounted weapons.

(Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, there can only be a front protective plate, MAX 90° protection. Protection plate is not mandatory. No other requirements.)
So, in theory this mean that you force people that have a car but no weapon on it to play as Scorpions even though they don’t want to LARP?
It is the same requirements as last year. Send in a picture to info@berget-events.com and if your vehicle looks military enough it will be approved for Mech. We want vehicles to look the part, we dont want mech do drive around in Nissan Micras.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 693
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 22 Oct 2018, 15:37

Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:20
Bilbo wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:09
Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Reading about the mechanized unit for General Fuentes Militia it says “Cars need to be OD, Green, Desert or Black. Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.“

Does this mean that non-armed class 1 vehicles are not allowed in this group? Please clarify.
Cars can be class 1 but need to follow the specifications regarding color, turrets and weapons. Remember to check rules regarding class 1 vehicles and mounted weapons.

(Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, there can only be a front protective plate, MAX 90° protection. Protection plate is not mandatory. No other requirements.)
So, in theory this mean that you force people that have a car but no weapon on it to play as Scorpions even though they don’t want to LARP?
" Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, "

We approve vehicles with no mounted weapon, but it MUST look like a military vehicle. No rented station wagon in light blue.
To clarify: A vehicle without a weapon will Always only be class 1.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

k3nn3th
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 17:48
Location: Norway

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by k3nn3th » 22 Oct 2018, 15:44

We are planning to bring two MB gelandewagen both old military cars. One with turret and one person transport. Its okey? :D
B 14 - NAF Mech
B 17 - GFM Mech (Balder)

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 19:55
Location: Stockholm

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arginj » 22 Oct 2018, 15:49

Arradin wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:37
Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:20
Bilbo wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:09


Cars can be class 1 but need to follow the specifications regarding color, turrets and weapons. Remember to check rules regarding class 1 vehicles and mounted weapons.

(Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, there can only be a front protective plate, MAX 90° protection. Protection plate is not mandatory. No other requirements.)
So, in theory this mean that you force people that have a car but no weapon on it to play as Scorpions even though they don’t want to LARP?
" Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, "

We approve vehicles with no mounted weapon, but it MUST look like a military vehicle. No rented station wagon in light blue.
To clarify: A vehicle without a weapon will Always only be class 1.
Then why does it say “Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.” The description for mech and the rules are contradicting each other.
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

Locked