Changes to MINES

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Changes to MINES

Post by Arradin » 29 Jan 2019, 12:31

After evaluation and feedback from Berget 16, we have decided to make some Changes to the rules regarding mines.
The feedback has been all the same, Mines are a bit too powerful, and the rules still make it feel like cheating is too easy.

We have therefor decided to make the following Changes to the rules:

1. Mines must be atleast 5cm in height and a maximum of 20cm in height, and must be made out of hard material such as Wood ( No paper/Cardboard ) , they must look like mines. All other rules such as width and color etc unchanged.

2. Mines can no longer be instantly moved/picked up by own engineers, All mines must be defused as normal (2 minutes per mine) Before ANY Vehicle can drive on the mined road. This change is to make mines more of a strategic tool instead of a guaranteed block of enemy vehicles. If a road is mined, then it is "disabled" for all vehicles, all sides including your own.

3. Crossroads can not be mined. In a 3 or 4 way crossroad, you can choose to mine one of the roads.

4. Roads still need one row of 3 mines to be mined, but you can now only have two rows of mines(6 mines) per 100m, this includes crossroads as per change #3 above.
Example 1: You decide to mine a road with 3 mines. You can not place any more minefields within 100m.
Example 2: You decide to mine a road with 6 mines in one cluster. You can not place any more minefields within 100m.
Example 3: You decide to mine a road with 3 mines, and then you walk 20m to Place Another 3 mines. * NOT ALLOWED *

This change has also been made to once again make mines a more strategic tool. We saw examples last year where a stretch of road had over 50 mines over a distance of 20m which is impossible to get past and is too much of a gamebreaker for Mechanized units.

These Changes will soon be updated on the official Rules page pending feedback.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Re: Changes to MINES

Post by Rythm » 29 Jan 2019, 12:40

Does this apply to nuclear mines too?
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

AceCunow
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by AceCunow » 29 Jan 2019, 20:35

Specially Nuke mines Rythm. ;) They are only allowed if pizza is brought to the TFC HQ by you or your comander. (unarmed) ;)
Berget 11 - GCT Sidu B20 Platoon Commander
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet Company Commander
Berget 13 - Para infantry Platoon Commander
Berget 14 - NAF Infantry Alfa Company Commander
Berget 15 - NAF ACE Company Path Finders
Berget 16 - NAF CO
Berget 17 - TFC CO

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 30 Jan 2019, 11:52

AceCunow wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 20:35
They are only allowed if pizza is brought to the TFC HQ by you or your comander. (unarmed) ;)
We did that once already, worked great! Poisoned the entire blue HQ in the process... :D
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

igariokas
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by igariokas » 31 Jan 2019, 10:03

AceCunow wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 20:35
Specially Nuke mines Rythm. ;) They are only allowed if pizza is brought to the TFC HQ by you or your comander. (unarmed) ;)
Ace, I doubt unarmed pizza even exists in Liburania ;)

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 31 Jan 2019, 17:26

So if you take a crossroads, that the enemy had mined the west entrance road with 6 mines. And you need a minefield to the east, you first have to lift the old enemy minefield before you can deploy your own? And what if the enemy withdraw under fire along the east road, and deploys a minefield 99 meters down the road. Will they stop you from deploying your defensive minefield on the east road?
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 31 Jan 2019, 17:50

Tiger_1 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 17:26
So if you take a crossroads, that the enemy had mined the west entrance road with 6 mines. And you need a minefield to the east, you first have to lift the old enemy minefield before you can deploy your own?
Yes
Tiger_1 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 17:26
And what if the enemy withdraw under fire along the east road, and deploys a minefield 99 meters down the road. Will they stop you from deploying your defensive minefield on the east road?
Yes, why would you need to mine a road that is already mined?

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 31 Jan 2019, 17:58

Because a minefield I control is defensive, one the enemy controls is not. He can lift that when he decides.
But the underlying point here is contesting minefields, having to spend a lot of time clearing enemy mines before I can place mine.

Would it be possible to set a limit to the be of mines in the game in total. Meaning commanders need to think more about using them.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 31 Jan 2019, 18:04

Tiger_1 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 17:58
Because a minefield I control is defensive, one the enemy controls is not. He can lift that when he decides.
But the underlying point here is contesting minefields, having to spend a lot of time clearing enemy mines before I can place mine.

Would it be possible to set a limit to the be of mines in the game in total. Meaning commanders need to think more about using them.
He cannot "lift" them, they still need to be defused, which gives you plenty of time to react and place your own mines when theirs are gone. So you cannot use Mines in an offencive matter, its supposed to be defensive as you say.

Limit of mines would be great, but there is no way to control it since people can bring their own mines.

We make these changes so that mining a road is not "standard procedure" like it has been the last games. Mining a road should be a strategic decision.

B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by B2fox » 31 Jan 2019, 21:08

2. Mines can no longer be instantly moved/picked up by own engineers, All mines must be defused as normal (2 minutes per mine) Before ANY Vehicle can drive on the mined road. This change is to make mines more of a strategic tool instead of a guaranteed block of enemy vehicles. If a road is mined, then it is "disabled" for all vehicles, all sides including your own.
Do this also apply, to civilian vehicles ?

It would be logical, but will hamper the movement, of the few civilian vehicles, there are.
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11 & B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15 & B16: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B17: Bandits aka Local hunter
B18: Yes when ever then is.....

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 31 Jan 2019, 22:22

B2fox wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 21:08
Do this also apply, to civilian vehicles ?

It would be logical, but will hamper the movement, of the few civilian vehicles, there are.
Yes, it effects all vehicles except Motorcycles and ATVs

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 01 Feb 2019, 08:37

The police was able to cross mines last year?
I heard they did that because the police was stopped everywhere by mines.
The decision to let the police cross the mines would be logical for gameflow.

Will it be the same this year, or did that even happen last year?

Placing mines is still instant?

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 01 Feb 2019, 11:40

Verage wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 08:37
The police was able to cross mines last year?
I heard they did that because the police was stopped everywhere by mines.
The decision to let the police cross the mines would be logical for gameflow.

Will it be the same this year, or did that even happen last year?

Placing mines is still instant?
With these new changes there will be less mines - LARPers will have other ways to pass mines, but just being able to drive over them just cause confusion and irritation with other players.

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 02 Feb 2019, 18:10

It's certainly going to be interesting to see this play out.

Unless you limit the amount of mines allowed to be planted at a coy level, I doubt very highly you'll see any changes in the amounts planted.

With the new rules you change the dynamics of minefields, sure. However, just stretching it out further doesn't really mean you'll make it better though.
What will likely happen is you'll have a crap ton of mines just like last year, but with them being spaced out all you're really doing is making perfect 100x5m kill boxes for as long as the eye can see.

That certainly won't speed up the mechanized forces getting from A-B. Maybe it will decrease the build up of forces around major clusters of mines like last year, but overall I doubt it will have as much an impact as theorized.

At any rate, looking forward to miles of mines and the fun ambushes they will provide with poor enemy mech getting ambushed every 100m for clicks upon clicks. :)
B16 - NAF Infantry - Foxtrot 2.2 Team Leader
B17 - TFC Rangers

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 10 Mar 2019, 10:07

In fact it is a nerf but not for all , carrying 6 mines with a 5cm high and 30cm diameter is not easy if you are infantry man, for mechanize units not so much :).