Rule Clarification regarding AP Mines

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Rule Clarification regarding AP Mines

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 10 Apr 2019, 14:43

I need some clarification as far as AP mine specs go regarding BE.

From what I've found, it's pretty vague what is allowed and more precisely what is not allowed when it comes to AP mines.
The general rules that's been spoken of is: Needs to make 70-100DB on activation. 3m Kill radius. Have to look like a mine. Cannot be trip hazard. Cannot be pyro. Must beep?

So, what I'm wondering is this:
Is there any restrictions on activation on these mines?
Does it need to be manually operated with wire? If so, how long can it be?
Is it allowed to daisy chain more than one to the same firing device, if so, how many?
Can I do it remotely via radio waves, Bluetooth, wifi etc?
How loud does the beeping have to be?
Does it have to beep all the time or just when the enemy is perceived close by?
What's the minimum size?
Etc.

Would be great to have a general idea at least so don't spend a crap ton of time making something that will be instantly rejected due to design or functional aspects that are not fully stated anywhere in plain text.
I did some keyword searching around but couldnt find anything. Now I might have overlooked it somewhere, so let me know if that's the case.

Cheers.
B16 - NAF Infantry - Foxtrot 2.2 Team Leader
B17 - TFC Rangers

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Rule Clarification regarding AP Mines

Post by Arradin » 10 Apr 2019, 17:27

ArcticWarfighter wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 14:43
I need some clarification as far as AP mine specs go regarding BE.

From what I've found, it's pretty vague what is allowed and more precisely what is not allowed when it comes to AP mines.
The general rules that's been spoken of is: Needs to make 70-100DB on activation. 3m Kill radius. Have to look like a mine. Cannot be trip hazard. Cannot be pyro. Must beep?

So, what I'm wondering is this:
Is there any restrictions on activation on these mines?
Does it need to be manually operated with wire? If so, how long can it be?
Is it allowed to daisy chain more than one to the same firing device, if so, how many?
Can I do it remotely via radio waves, Bluetooth, wifi etc?
How loud does the beeping have to be?
Does it have to beep all the time or just when the enemy is perceived close by?
What's the minimum size?
Etc.

Would be great to have a general idea at least so don't spend a crap ton of time making something that will be instantly rejected due to design or functional aspects that are not fully stated anywhere in plain text.
I did some keyword searching around but couldnt find anything. Now I might have overlooked it somewhere, so let me know if that's the case.

Cheers.
Hello!

If i dont missunderstand you completely, you are mixing up two different kind of mines.

You are only allowed to create Vehicle mines that can be booby trapped.
You are NOT allowed to use your own Anti-Personel mines without approval from Berget Crew, but we allow all retail AP Mines as long as they dont have any burning
parts.

All these rules can be found here: http://www.berget-events.com/rules

But i will copy the important parts:

" NOTE! All retail gas/spring/bungee/electrical mines and grenades are ok. Home-made stuff must be tested by crew at check in. No burning things are allowed. "

" Anti-Personel Mine:
Mines may be found in the game area, and you will notice if you set one off. Anyone within three meters of a detonating mine is considered hit, and should react accordingly. Only engineers may disarm mines. There are beeping mines, BB-shooting mines and mines with small pyrotechnic effect. All inflict a "hit" injury. " <- THESE ARE EITHER RETAIL VERSIONS OR BERGET VERSIONS, OR HOME MADE VERSIONS WITH BE APPROVAL

" Anti-Vehicle Mine:
The mines are made of wood/playwood. They are 30-50cm wide and maximum 20cm in height, and consist of two layers of wood - One wide circle and one small circle of top of it. They may NOT have any sharp edges and must be easy as safe to drive over by any kind of vehicle. They must be OD GREEN in color. " <- THESE ARE BE MADE OR PLAYER MADE

" Booby Trapped Mined
Some mines can/May be trapped. Those mines have an alarm under the mine designed to start beeping or making an alarm sound when you lift them up. When an alarm on a mine go off for any reason, everyone within 3m of the mine is considered HIT and follow normal HIT Rules. A booby trapped mine that goes of does not damage nearby vehicles. An engineer may carry a maximum of 10 mines, and only one of these 10 may be booby trapped, but mines may have "fake booby traps" on them, for example visible wires. " <- THESE ARE BE MADE OR PLAYER MADE

---

Does that answer your question? If not, ask away :)

// Arradin
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 11 Apr 2019, 00:10

Thank you for your quick response Arradin.
The reason I made the post in the first place is the paragraph shown here.
To my knowledge, there is no real AT mines on the market, and all that are around seem to be focused for AP duty only.
Hence, my confusion of the above statement. I know of plenty of people that both have made AP mines and got those seemingly OK'ed in the past for that duty as a home made product.
Did this get changed at one point or how does that work?
Thanks again.
B17 - TFC Rangers

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 11 Apr 2019, 07:49

I'm interested in this too.
I had my own AP mines with me for years. I asked GM's if i could use them.
Don't remember which GM i asked.

But if the rules have changed, i will not bring them this year.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 12 Apr 2019, 12:26

The forums have been way too broken lately, i appologize. I edited the post above earlier and was sure i clarified it again, but apparently not.

You can not use homemade AP mines without approval from Berget Crew. They need to be inspected first. They may not have any burning parts.
These rules are the same as earlier, they have not changed.

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 13 Apr 2019, 22:53

Glad to hear it's allowed.
But going back to post one.
Is there a list of specs which show what will be approved?
Or is it up to each crew member?

Because it would be really beneficial to have a Templates to work from for both myself and im sure others in the future.
Thats what the questions in the first post is about.
Id rather know the rule outlines than wade in the dark and just guess vageuly that it may or might not be allowed depending om the BE Crew member you meet.

Cheers
B17 - TFC Rangers

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 14 Apr 2019, 11:29

ArcticWarfighter wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 22:53
Glad to hear it's allowed.
But going back to post one.
Is there a list of specs which show what will be approved?
Or is it up to each crew member?

Because it would be really beneficial to have a Templates to work from for both myself and im sure others in the future.
Thats what the questions in the first post is about.
Id rather know the rule outlines than wade in the dark and just guess vageuly that it may or might not be allowed depending om the BE Crew member you meet.

Cheers
You still mix up a couple of different set of mines, but ill try to explain more, since i assume you ONLY talk about AP ( Anti personel ) Mines.

There are two different types of homemade AP mines that we allow. Mechanical and sound effect. They are not the same type of mine but two different.

Mechanical AP Mines shoot BB Bullets by trigger ( Trip wire or remote Control ) They can not contain ANY burning parts, and they must shoot BBs in a safe manner. For example, they can not shoot BBs straight up from the ground, and they can not shoot in face height. For safety reasons, if that wasnt obvious. They can only shoot BBs horizontly at waist level or below.

Sound Effect mines does not shoot BBs, but instead make a beeping sound and injure everyone with 3m of it. They may have no burning parts and Needs to make 70-100DB on activation. Very simular to beeping grenades, but in mine form. Can also be triggered by trip wire or remote Control.