MP gear and so on

Topics and things concerning this game.
whiskey

Post by whiskey » 17 Nov 2006, 19:27

sorry to interrupt, but batons and riot gear is not gonna be of much use at B5 as I see it. Nice touch, but a waste of money if the budget is tight (which I suppose is definitely the case). Better spend the money on sandbags or huge "MP" stickers to put on vehicles or something else that can be of use in the game....

just my $0.02...

Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 17 Nov 2006, 19:46

We already have a suggestion to the arrangers to fix a riot situation with trainingbatons and riot equipment, we MP takes this serious and want a much reality as possible. It up to the individual person, but this gear aint that expensive. Do you job, and we'll do ours :D

Torak

Post by Torak » 17 Nov 2006, 20:00

I'm qualified on batons as well, but NO! No real batons drawn in potentially hitty situations. OK, lads?

"Real" training batons are expensive and ugly. So if we can find someone who can make a complement of LARP batons, we can do that, but it won't be a mandated purchase. Just those who want to.

Our priorities are sandbags, barbed wire, things like that. Things that will actually be useful.

I've ordered flags for the base, so that's sorted.

Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 17 Nov 2006, 20:12

This was the absolutely cheapest riot shield i could find (adjustable for right/left hand use and you can choose ID label Police, Corrections, Policia, Sheriff and bland if you want and more):
http://www.botac.com/paulbodshiel.html

This was the cheapest trainingbatong i could find:
http://www.copsplus.com/trainingbatons.php

Of course it's up for each one of us if we want to spend money on extra equipment such as riot control, all i can say that i will do it :D

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 17 Nov 2006, 20:22

Torak

Rundstav (English?)

lenght? Abut 55-60cm?

this will brake if you hit any one hard with it

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 08 Dec 2006, 14:07

Stuf that might be good to have att B5 (Not a must but nice things)

US Pattern camp bed
30£

Silva Solar I
29.99£

Camo Net 12 x 12ft
35£

Fore trex 101 GPS
149.99£

Light Sticks
1.99£

12 x25 Bino's
19.99£

2 x Wind & Waterproof Matches
2.99£

Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 28 Dec 2006, 07:35

A megaphone and barricade band would come in handy too. The megaphones are a little bit expensive though, dosn't matter much if you order from the US or Europe, around $80 but then it comes with sirens too. The barricade band is pretty cheap for a few 100 meters and could be custominized in many ways, but the ideal for us would be like ''Caution - Keep Out'' or something as there is no ''MP'', just ''Police'' and Sheriff'', ''Crime Scene'' is nice too.