Red Army "motivation" unit?

Topics and things concerning this game.
Robban87

Post by Robban87 » 21 Nov 2006, 15:10

Yeah but not a regulary Militarypolice. http://home.mweb.co.za/re/redcap/pact-mp.htm

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 22 Nov 2006, 08:40

Name is no important - for me this unit can be called even "Balalaika comando" with dancing bear :P and canister of beer (without alcohol- ofcourse )

VAI = traffic control unit

Puma
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Puma » 30 Nov 2006, 04:01

He is talking about a "political officer", or a "morale officer". Someone to make sure people don't just come and go as they please. Someone to keep the spirits up and someone to fear at the same time.

The demanding task of the morale officer would be to counter the "--- SPAM !!! --- you, it's only a game, I'm going to sleep now" -phenomena, that overtakes the not so hadcore players when they are either wet, tired, hungy, sleepy or cold.

Also a task for the morale officer would be to distribute propaganda. To make sure everybody was thinking that the war effort is going well, and that their side was deffinetly winning. And that all those friendly casualties coming from the front line, are just a minor setback on the way to a final and ultimate victory.

So say we all!

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 30 Nov 2006, 23:54

Yes,yes yes. :D

gandi

Post by gandi » 01 Dec 2006, 07:53

So say we all!! :D

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 01 Dec 2006, 11:54

I think that a "NKVD" political officer squad is a really good idea! Well look into this and if we find this good well apply for a "NKVD" officer on the homepage!
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 01 Dec 2006, 13:17

It is possible get one free ticket for "dancing bear"? :D

Wildcat
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wildcat » 04 Jan 2007, 00:58

whiskey wrote:have a look at the movie "Enemy at the gates". NKVD were the guys with machine guns behind the attacking Red Army troops. Yes, yes, the ones who shot those who were retreating after an unsuccessful attack.
:D It is standard propagandistic stamp.
NKVD units were as US National guards and solved same tasks it real, because haven’t heavy weapons at staff. But they had high morale and often used as last reserve - placed at last defense line in key points, where were stop retreating soldiers, complete new composite battalions for resistance to enemy advanced troops. :P
Spof wrote:I think that a "NKVD" political officer squad is a really good idea! Well look into this and if we find this good well apply for a "NKVD" officer on the homepage!
The name "NKVD" is good for WW2, but not for "Berget 5" time.
B5, B6, B7, B8... non stop

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 04 Jan 2007, 11:27

Wildcat wrote: The name "NKVD" is good for WW2, but not for "Berget 5" time.
I completely agree. Respect, comrade.
What kind of task this police will does?

OFF: "Enemy at the Gates" is a bullshit. It's a pull of dirt, lies and mistakes, without respect to russians who were fight there.

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 04 Jan 2007, 16:58

Why "Police"?
It could be "Balalyka Team"

OFF. My Grandfather was in the Red Army and so called Polish People Army during the 2nd WW. He used to recollect much more interesting stories than these 'movie lies and mistakes'.

NKVD similar to US National guards? :shock:

Wildcat
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wildcat » 04 Jan 2007, 22:07

xxxFENCExxx wrote:NKVD similar to US National guards? :shock:
OFF:
NKVD - People's Commissariat of Home Affairs, because NKVD units has same tasks.
But this Commissariat has FBI & CIA function too. :wink:

Giersu

Post by Giersu » 04 Jan 2007, 23:55

The name was a typical example of soviet double-dealing. "Home Affairs" these days meant "killing everyone who's not thinking the right way" and the only "right way" was following the word of Stalin (sometimes even that wasn't enough to keep you alive). It's a commonly known story about a little boy, who was pissing on snow. He wrote "Stalin" with his piss. His parents were arrested for that and never seen again. NKVD was the force that arrested them.
It was also NKVD to arrest several THOUSANDS of Polish officers after the REd Army invaded Poland on 17.09.1939, shortly after the nazis. Most of these officers were shot.

Most of the civilized world aknowledges NKVD as a crime and genocidal organization, just like nazi German SA and SS. The only problem is that nowadays all these crimes are more and more often being explained and forgiven/forgotten.

Wildcat
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wildcat » 05 Jan 2007, 01:53

OFF:
Giersu wrote:The name was a typical example of soviet double-dealing. "Home Affairs" these days meant "killing everyone who's not thinking the right way" and the only "right way" was following the word of Stalin (sometimes even that wasn't enough to keep you alive).
A la guerre com a la guerre!
Even if it is civil war. You can see that at Great French revolution and others...
Giersu wrote:It's a commonly known story about a little boy, who was pissing on snow. He wrote "Stalin" with his piss. His parents were arrested for that and never seen again. NKVD was the force that arrested them.
:shock: I don't know. Write me, please, number of it case.
Giersu wrote: It was also NKVD to arrest several THOUSANDS of Polish officers after the REd Army invaded Poland on 17.09.1939, shortly after the nazis. Most of these officers were shot.
Life for life. :(
Polish government criminally kill in concentration camps by starves death the 90.000 POW of Red Army after Polish aggression at 1919-1921. It was same Nazi genocide.
Giersu wrote:The only problem is that nowadays all these crimes are more and more often being explained and forgiven/forgotten.
You right. :(

P.S. Let’s think about joint game, but not about old political discrepancy. :wink:
Last edited by Wildcat on 05 Jan 2007, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 05 Jan 2007, 09:04

I suggest that admin deletes all this discussion about NKVD and injustice. It has nothing to do with airsoft nor B5 scenario...

Wildcat and Giersu, please stop.

Crapgame

Post by Crapgame » 05 Jan 2007, 10:38

i agree with brujo, a political discussion about whats wrong or right odes not bellong here. this is a forum to gather information for a big game