Berget 5 Ammo Limits - Discussion

Topics and things concerning this game.
Torak

Post by Torak » 27 Sep 2006, 19:14

It's not unusual for the SAS to carry 10 or 20 loaded magazines with them on combat patrols, in addition to a 100-pound Bergen. It's not what the average squaddie will carry, but then I don't think the average player will try.

If we can trust players to take their hits, surely we can trust them to keep their ammo loads within the spirit of the game?

Besides, I can't imagine them having time to go through all those magazines. If they want the extra weight, fine by me.

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 27 Sep 2006, 19:15

Hmmm..... i agree with both options. Lots of mags will make problems to carry them all.

Torak,
lots of mags will be very usefull in assault and defence.

Requiem

Post by Requiem » 27 Sep 2006, 20:25

Spof wrote:Sorry that i have been unclear, and we will updade this on the rules page.

You can carry a maximum of 1200 extra bullets into field. But in your camp or base you can storage how much you want.

This means that you can have for example: 10 loaded mags holding 600 bullets and further 1200 bullets in your west or backpack.
Can it be more clear than this...?

nbIBACuK

Post by nbIBACuK » 27 Sep 2006, 21:48

Spof wrote:Yes, in cases like this we can make exceptions. Just load it 90 % full.
All my mags are 110bbs(m16 short VN style), is it allowed to load only 90BBs into them?

Kadmillos

Post by Kadmillos » 02 Oct 2006, 16:01

So guys hallo !

My name is Basetta and i'm writing from Italy and i play with Iena Korps, we are really very interested in this game and we are taking information in order to play with you.

For that reason i need to know if is it possibile to play with G&G SOC 16 , this kind of ASG have only hicap magazines (470) , marui standard mag (70) does'nt fit.

How can i play with you guy ?

I must buy another one ASG ?

Thank you.

nbIBACuK

Post by nbIBACuK » 02 Oct 2006, 17:21

Kadmillos

Post by Kadmillos » 02 Oct 2006, 17:30

really Thank you Mr. nbIBACuK i'll provide to order this mags tomorrow !!!

It's expensive but we make anithings to play this game!

thank you !

Blackwolf

Ammunition on field

Post by Blackwolf » 02 Oct 2006, 20:17

Hello
So lets see if i got it straight.
I will use a Marui RPK with a drum mag 3000bbs
1st Can i carry an extra drum mag with 3000bbs as spare and still have 3600 bbs as extra on me??
I will also use a LR300 G&G
I will have on me 14 low caps 30 x 14= 420bbs + 1200bbs as spare on me
Is this correct??
At night can we use the new G&P Auto Tracer mags for M-16,they carry 130 bbs only or should we only load them with 30 bbs??
Can you pease answer these questions.

Kind regards
Blackwolf

nbIBACuK

Post by nbIBACuK » 03 Oct 2006, 11:10

Blackwolf, it is allowed to use:
1) low capa - maximum load of 90bb
2) drum mag/S-mag/C-mag etc - in support weapons, must be physically stricted to 150bb.

so, if you`ll use kalashnikov with 2 drum mags, you will be able to carry 2x150bb + 1200bb

if you will use low caps, you will get 14x90= 1,260 + 1200 = 2460.

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 03 Oct 2006, 11:45

nbIBACuK wrote: so, if you`ll use kalashnikov with 2 drum mags, you will be able to carry 2x150bb + 1200bb

if you will use low caps, you will get 14x90= 1,260 + 1200 = 2460.
not exactly true. He says "RPK", not "AK47", and RPK qualifies as a support weapon which has to adhere to the following section of the rules:
Those support weapons using high-capacity magazines may load them with any number of rounds.
What you meant is probably this:
Ordinary assault rifles may be used as light support weapons if fitted with a bipod and box magazine or C-mag. These do not count as true support weapons, may not be modified to class 8, and any high-capacity magazines used by these weapons must be modified to hold no more than 150 rounds.

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 03 Oct 2006, 11:51

there's opinion that 1200 bb's means 1200 for ALL bb's caring by player including in magazines and for reloading.
I don't agree with this opinon.

floky_SK

Post by floky_SK » 03 Oct 2006, 12:26

Spof wrote:Sorry that i have been unclear, and we will updade this on the rules page.

You can carry a maximum of 1200 extra bullets into field. But in your camp or base you can storage how much you want.

This means that you can have for example: 10 loaded mags holding 600 bullets and further 1200 bullets in your west or backpack.

Marshalls will check this randomly but ofcourse we wont count the bullets. But we dont want to see a 6000 bag of bb`s in someones backpack during a battle.
Vader, this is what Spof wrote. There is no more to say I think

thor_

Post by thor_ » 03 Oct 2006, 12:37

Vader [WG-A.I.M.] wrote:there's opinion that 1200 bb's means 1200 for ALL bb's caring by player including in magazines and for reloading.
I don't agree with this opinon.
its good rule!!!!.
One soldier never carrying more bullets.

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 03 Oct 2006, 13:40

thor_ wrote: its good rule!!!!.
One soldier never carrying more bullets.
You can limit BBs to the number of real steel rounds carried by an average soldier if they have the same penetration and stopping power. Do your BBs have e.g. 1800 Joules of energy as the 7.62x39mm, so that you can shoot through bushes and trees? I doubt it. You need more than 1 BB to shoot through a bush. Therefore I disagree with you.

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 03 Oct 2006, 14:09

whiskey is right!
it's june a game , not realaction. and this is for fun. so let the players shoot enough without thinking of remains. magazine capacity limit is enough for many players. may be for you it's fun to have small number of bb's and count each one. but for me it's unacceptable during assault or defense , because I must give enemy enough fire to down them.